Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 227   Go Down
Print

Topic: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here.  (Read 1135459 times)

rselin

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Miles Typed: 155

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: January 27, 2007, 02:52:16 pm »

Welcome rselin

Since you are familiar with the Kootenays ... and clearly have excellent taste in bikes  Lol ...  check out our second annual ride and bbq !!  Consider yourself invited !

https://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,3227.0.html

Bigok

Thanks for the invite Bubba.  I will definitely take it under consideration.  I used to live down the road from you in Rossland.  Loved the skiing at Red, some days I wish I was still there.  But the snow is pretty good at Louise this year, so not much to complain about.

I get your point.  You're so sharp.  (Tom Verlaine)
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

arch4ngel

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 86 V45 Magna, 07 VFR VTEC
Miles Typed: 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: January 27, 2007, 07:16:30 pm »

New to the forum here, I don't have a sport tourer yet but I am looking to buy one very soon.
And no, the gsxr doesn't qualify  Wink
Against The Wind
No, I really haven't figured it out.

Reputation 12

Motorcycles: CBR1100XX
Miles Typed: 6710

My Photo Gallery

Feel the wind...and set yourself the bolder course

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: January 27, 2007, 11:18:32 pm »

Everything's a sport tourer. It's a state of mind. Welcome.  Thumbsup
Advertisement

seadooloo

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2002 VFR 2001 SV650
Miles Typed: 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: January 28, 2007, 11:46:57 am »

Hi everybody, New to this site. My name is Lou Bianchi, I go by seadooloo on the forums. I live in S/E Michigan. I own a VFR Vtec and an SV650s. Anyone here from my area?
Capirex
Arthurian

Reputation 16

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: Sprint
GPS: Chick-Ah-Go
Miles Typed: 3351

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: January 28, 2007, 05:48:57 pm »

My name is Lou Bianchi

Irish boy eh?   Wink
Accogliere!   Bigok

Anyone here from my area?

There are a few.  Check out the Region 4 forum.  There is a meet North of you Memorial Day weekend.
Grainbelt

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: FZ6
GPS: Minnyhappiness
Miles Typed: 486

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: January 28, 2007, 09:12:04 pm »

Mike, posting from Saskatoon, SK Canada, originally from Minneapolis. Some of you fellow internet travelers/bored individuals may have seen me on ADVRider, Canadianrider, gstwins.com, and ninja650.com, all under the same name. What can I say, when you're in bumblef&*# nowhere, the internet is a great resource.

I currently ride a Kawasaki 650R. Started on a 93 GS500 in early '05. I'm now comfortable enough in my riding ability to attempt some lengthy trips, so here I am. The master plan for next summer is to ride to Vancouver and back, solo, on my 650R, and camp pretty much the entire way. There will likely be an occasional 1000 mile blast to Minneapolis, and innumerable trips up north to lake country.

I'm going to make a plethora of n00bish posts in the gear forum about tents and GIVI cases. no worries, I'll search first  Smile

I'll leave you with a brief pictorial history of my equally short riding career.

The GS and I in Mpls shortly after I bought it.

The GS in the North

Learning about carburetors

New bike day

Is there any asphalt in this province?

And last, some evidence to counter the theory that the prairies have no decent scenery.

That was more than enough, I'm sure. Off to an indoor soccer match / excuse to have a beer. Cheers!

arch4ngel

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: January 29, 2007, 01:50:22 am »

Everything's a sport tourer. It's a state of mind. Welcome.  Thumbsup

Well I suppose you're right, but a something new followed me home tonight and I think she might be a bit more capable Smile

I'm not sure but I think it might be love at first sight  Inlove Inlove Inlove
Against The Wind

Reputation 12

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: January 29, 2007, 10:03:53 am »

Congrats.   Thumbsup
H2Orat

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '06 Triumph Sprint ABS, Sunset Red
GPS: Queenstown, MD
Miles Typed: 159

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: January 29, 2007, 03:47:18 pm »

Hi, another noob here!  Bigok

I posted in the Region 6 section a few weeks ago (my first), but figured I should introduce myself to the rest of the world.  I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore, in Queenstown.  My ride is a '06 Triumph Sprint ABS in Sunset Red  Drool, which I bought (new) in Chattanooga, TN and rode home, with a brief detour to Winchester Motosports in Clearbrook, VA for it's 500 mi. service.  My brother who at the same time bought a new ('04 leftover) Triumph Daytona 955i Special Edition  Thumbsup (black, w/TOR CF can & remapped EFI, gel saddles w/grab rail, CF tank protector, and power outlet) made the trip with me, and since he lives in Dale City, VA, we parted ways near the DC Beltway.  It was a great ride, albeit dampened  Rolleyes somewhat by the cold (mid-May) rain that poured the entire 2nd day  Sad!  I opted for the gel saddle, TOR can w/remapped EFI (my favorite upgrade!), factory top box w/backrest for SWMBO (hard panniers were free), and CF (is it really?) tank protector.  Since then, I've added a RAM-mounted Garmin 2720 GPS, a Back-Off brake light flasher, a couple of helmet locks, a Nelson-Rigg tank bag, a Powerlet feed-through adapter, and a Starcom1 Advance intercom which I haven't yet installed, along with a Stebel Nautilus air horn: an upcoming winter project I haven't gotten 'round to yet.  Future upgrades may include XM radio, and a x2 bubble screen for improved airflow (I'm 6'1").  

There's a wealth of experience represented by this forum: I'm looking forward to tapping into it, and when appropriate, taking part by adding my .02  Bigsmile.  I also look forwarded to meeting and riding with other like-minded STNers within my general area.

Cheers!  Beerchug

BUSAFETT

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: '97 Kawi ZX11-D5
Miles Typed: 357

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: January 29, 2007, 05:06:10 pm »

Forum Member Outrage recommended this site to me, so I thought I'd sign up.

I've been riding since 1994, had a Suzuki Katana and now an '05 Hayabusa.  Look forward to catching up with some of you.

BUSAFETT

Webmaster
www.beforethedarktimes.com
Previous Rides: 1988 Katana, 2005 Hayabusa
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

GPS: Las Vegas, NV
Miles Typed: 13198

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: January 29, 2007, 05:14:34 pm »

MBA program, Supply Chain Mgmt specialty.  I finish up in May, and it looks like I may be returning to Boston, where I interned (and put on 9,000 miles) this past summer.  I did a lot of touring there, due to all the freetime (wife in WI).  The prospect of getting back out to VT, NH, upstate NY, and Maine is absolutely thrilling.  I have not yet begun to explore!

Oooooh, yeah!  I got to go back to VT and bum around my hometown back in 2005, at the ESTN.  I really missed living someplace not flat, and it was lovely to see my old haunts again.  Funny, though, how everything looked so much smaller and more pastoral than I remembered.  Razz

Before you return to the Northeast, be sure you check out the Region 4 forum - you can join the MACK people on one of the many coffee gatherings.

I must drink beer.  Beer is the mind-killer.  Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my beer.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: January 29, 2007, 05:16:26 pm »

New to the forum here, I don't have a sport tourer yet but I am looking to buy one very soon.
And no, the gsxr doesn't qualify  Wink

Sure it does - and so does the Magna.  Welcome!

I must drink beer.  Beer is the mind-killer.  Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration.  I will face my beer.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me. 
shrosa814

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: BMW F800ST Blue '08
Miles Typed: 8

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: January 29, 2007, 07:09:32 pm »

Hello everyone! Smile

I'd like to introduce myself to the community here. My name is Sharon; I reside in Chicago, IL. I'm a female reentry, solo rider. I learned to ride more than 20 years ago on a Honda CB360. After taking a safety class last year, I bought a low mileage, meticulous condition 2001 Blue Suzuki SV650. In four months, I put 5000 miles on my sweet bike. I've ridden my gal-pal on many trips. By far our favorite was a trek around Lake Michigan. We are planning a trip around Lake Superior this summer and plan for my first Saddlesore.

I've added some nice touches to my bike to make it more conspicuous and more user friendly. She now has a center stand, frame sliders, bar end mirrors, headlight modulator, LED license plate, running tail lights with LED lights (her tail is always ablaze!). Givi windscreen, Givi hard luggage (a Christmas present and upgrade from the soft Nelson-Rigg luggage set). She is a beautiful bike!

I'm looking forward to learning lots of things here and contributing in some small way. Thanks!

Sharon

http://www.sojournerrides.blogspot.com

Sharon

BMW '08 F800ST SV650 '01 (Blue) formerly owned AMA WIMA
Against The Wind

Reputation 12

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: January 29, 2007, 07:14:33 pm »

Howdy. Be prepared kid, be prepared.   Rolleyes
DredheadV2.0
Descendant of terrorists

Reputation -94

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: January 29, 2007, 11:34:40 pm »

Howdy. Be prepared kid, be prepared.   Rolleyes

Lmao

True that.  

ol Rocket
My tail fell off.

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '06, '08
Motorcycles: Sprint 1050
GPS: Eastern WA
Miles Typed: 1898

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2007, 11:51:15 pm »

Welcome all of you.  

I have nothing new to say.

I'm old.

Brain cells gone.

Help.

_______________________________________ _______
 http://homepage.mac.com/mightyq/PhotoAlbum4.
vics

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: BMW K1200RS & 1999 Hayabusa
Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: January 30, 2007, 07:11:21 am »

Site's looking sweet Neal- Great job guys
Vic
http://www.I-BMW.com
===

Welcome to the latest incarnation of ST.N.  We've been online since Oct 2001 and welcome all riders.

So pull up a chair, tell us a little about yourself, and join the discussions.

Thanks.
--
Neal
raisedbywolves

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: kawasaki zrx 1100 soon to be VFR800
Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: January 30, 2007, 06:50:32 pm »

I have decided to become part of this elite fraternity at the urging of my brother who is known to you as "Basket" and also by our sidekick "Scoop". Until last week I owned a pristine  ZRX1000 which I had to part with, but I am sure I will enjoy my Shiny new VFR800A with factory sidecases and topbox. It is enroute from the magical kingdom of Quebec riding in an 18 wheeler. Its just a little too cold and snowy to be riding it home at this time of year, but it sure is a good time of year to get a good deal on a new bike! I will be riding it to the STN rally in SD with Basket and Scoop. Hope to see lots of you there!  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:06:40 pm by raisedbywolves » Logged
arch4ngel

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: January 30, 2007, 11:36:48 pm »

Sure it does - and so does the Magna.  Welcome!

Thanks!
I have put a few miles on the maggie, but I think she will be retired to around town service while the vfr gets most of the longer rides.
Magna's at 74,000 miles last I checked Smile

btw here's a pic of the two red wings:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5337/img1421ic3.jpg
Against The Wind

Reputation 12

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: January 31, 2007, 11:41:30 am »

I have decided to become part of this elite fraternity at the urging of my brother who is known to you as "Basket" and also by our sidekick "Scoop". Until last week I owned a pristine  ZRX1000 which I had to part with, but I am sure I will enjoy my Shiny new VFR800A with factory sidecases and topbox. It is enroute from the magical kingdom of Quebec riding in an 18 wheeler. Its just a little too cold and snowy to be riding it home at this time of year, but it sure is a good time of year to get a good deal on a new bike! I will be riding it to the STN rally in SD with Basket and Scoop. Hope to see lots of you there!  

Oh man, it's an invasion from Thunder Bay! Is that like the centre of the universe? Welcome. And naturally you're leaving yourself wide open for the "Well he rode a BMW eastward all the way across the country, why aren't you riding the Honda a few lousy kilometres westbound?" arguement.  Rolleyes
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 227   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal