Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Looking at CA trip June 22-26  (Read 29031 times)

AdamK

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2004 Honda ST1300
Miles Typed: 83

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 11:37:59 am »

I am leaving for NorCal in a little less than a week. Some digging found this map which I intend to explore. Never done the lost coast or the Mad River to near Willow Creek goat path.  

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hc_location=ufi&mid=z2_w0RD0Zk54.kwXt9uojqOxQ

Have a week to explore the area and will add in Forks of Salmon and up to Happy Camp before done.

It never rains in California ...

Be sure to include the road from Callahan to Cecilville in your route if you can! Beautiful road with virtually no traffic. I'm actually amazed every time I ride it that it's in as good shape as it is considering where it ends up. The road from Cecilville west to Somes bar is a bit of a goat track, but some people like that! One lane, twisty with big drop offs down to the river.

'04 ST1300ABS, WA Lic - 'GoRide'
STOC #265 IBA #11470
http://koczarski.com
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Silverbird

Reputation 13

Motorcycles: '16 FJR1300 '07 919
GPS: Failville, CO
Miles Typed: 1625

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 12:30:10 pm »

Turned out to be a great trip except Monitor Pass was on fire and the second half of Stewards/Skaggs is a tar snaked hell hole. How the mighty have fallen.  Oroville-Quincy is a masterpiece of road engineering and can't imagine anything better in the US right now. I rode the best part all day 20 times and got held up only once.  Place was empty.
AdamK

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 01:31:46 pm »

Oroville-Quincy is a masterpiece of road engineering and can't imagine anything better in the US right now. I rode the best part all day 20 times and got held up only once.  Place was empty.

An AMAZING road!! You just have to be careful in the early spring as we were turned back by snow a couple of miles from the top. They repaved the Oroville side a few years back and it got even better!!

STOC #265 IBA #11470
Advertisement

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 78

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15137

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 04:20:48 pm »

Be sure to include the road from Callahan to Cecilville in your route if you can! Beautiful road with virtually no traffic. I'm actually amazed every time I ride it that it's in as good shape as it is considering where it ends up. The road from Cecilville west to Somes bar is a bit of a goat track, but some people like that! One lane, twisty with big drop offs down to the river.

Great road!!!

And if you're lucky, there will be a band playing in Callahan when you go through  Bigok

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
AdamK

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 04:28:23 pm »

Great road!!!

And if you're lucky, there will be a band playing in Callahan when you go through  Bigok

Is that music really coming from that bar? I don't think we've ever stopped in Callahan when riding thru. From the looks of the place I was never sure anything was ever open?? Smile

STOC #265 IBA #11470
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 78

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15137

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 01:19:39 am »

Yep, they had a band inside. There's not much in there, and quite dark as I remember, so we just hung outside and listened for a while.

I understand that someone renovated the Stagecoach stop a few years ago? (the falling down building at the end of the video). Someone *bubba* should go confirm  Bigsmile

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal