Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Looking for road ideas around Bowling Green  (Read 1661 times)

Burbs

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS 2015 Ducati Monster 821
GPS: Alabama
Miles Typed: 228

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »

I'm here in my office right now and I'm so burnt out from work and I'm in need of some serious ride time. I am planning to do a trip to Kentucky and I was thinking of having Bowling Green as my home base. I've got some ideas on road from my RoadRunner magazine from December 2012 (thank god I keep these things) and I wanted to know if anyone had any other suggestions.

The plan is to bring my tripod and camera, therefore I am open to any sightseeing ideas with good photo opportunities. I normally plan way too much riding time and not enough of "stopping to smell the roses" so to speak. I would like to make this trip more about seeing things than 300-400 miles of just riding.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

groundhogday

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2001 SV650, 2011 GSX-R750
GPS: Kentucky
Miles Typed: 88

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 11:52:40 pm »

Well, you'd be pretty close to Mammoth Cave.  I think Bill Monroe's and Abe Lincoln's birthplaces aren't too far from BG.  That's not my part of the state, so I'm not much help.
kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 90

GPS: NKY
Miles Typed: 1143

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 06:42:17 am »

Tim is correct......Mammoth Cave, Corvette Museum and NCM track, and Lincoln are the main attractions around there....also Duncan Hines was from Bowling Green.  There are several Lincoln attractions in that area...Birthplace, Homstead, Museum in Lebenon.  Can reach some of the Bourbon Tour sites pretty easily as well.  Hardyville has the Kentucky Railroad Museum.  Owensboro is well know for its BBQ....Old Hickory if you please for me, not Moonlight.  Bardstown has the Old Talbort Tavern and My Old Kentucky Home state park.
Around Manmouth Cave, in the park, is the Green River.  There is a boat trip that you can take down the river and will get some great pictures from it.  There is a free ferry across the river within the park.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and would taste good with ketchup"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal