Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: The Pyrenees 2007  (Read 5996 times)

Ant
Resident PB&J Hater

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: 2015 GTR1400, 2006 Bandit 650, 1982 Bonneville T140E (in need of rennovation!)
GPS: Cotswolds, UK
Miles Typed: 3957

My Photo Gallery

Si non confectus, reficiat

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 03:32:59 pm »

Ah a sausage that smells like sh!t.  So far it's not selling itself to me Lol

Lol this from someone who calls themselves "sweeney todd"  Twofinger
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

sweeney todd

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 48

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 07:29:39 pm »

Never touch intestines.  They're offal. Smile

Know whatya mean re choosing you trips tho' Jerry.  So many amazing places and so little time.  Even tho' I've traversed most of Europe at one time or another I can't say I'm tired with it.  Loads of places to see.

I've hardly touched the States at all yet. Sad

Orson I know whatya mean about stopping still for a while.  I do enjoy it for a while but I'm a 'what's over that hill?' type of person, much to the annoyance (sometimes Wink) of the Memsahib.
FJR-UK
Retired STNer

Reputation 18

GPS: SE London
Miles Typed: 698

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 07:05:19 am »

Jerry.  I do have one question and it's about the dish that caused your 'digestive discomfort'.  What was it precisely?

Apologies for digging up this old thread. I was doing a sentimental journey on this miserable, damp Sunday morning and revisiting my old trip reports.

Sweeney Todd asked what food made me sick and I blamed it on andouillette. Wrong. It took me years to put the links together, but now realize that the meal that invariably makes me ill is steak tartare. The tricky part is it can take up to 30 hours for food poisoning to get a grip. I finally checked back on all the times I've been ill on the road, compared my photos with Joanna's diary and found the common cause was steak tartare.

My friend, Kevin, says the French have never completely eliminated salmonella from their chickens, and my doctor friend says chopped up raw meat is always going to be a problem. I have stopped eating the dish and have not been ill on holiday since.

Anyway, as this was a "health and safety issue", I thought I'd put the record straight.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal