Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Big Bend Bash III 2/24 to 2/28 2016 - West Texas  (Read 703 times)

rider1a
Your humble scribe

Reputation 0

GPS: Georgetown, Texas
Miles Typed: 36

My Photo Gallery

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2016, 08:37:02 pm »

More info here:

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?149816-Big-Bend-Bash-III-2-24-28-2016

When:
Feb 24 thru 28, 2013

Agenda:
Feb 24-25 (Wed-Thu)
Guadalupe Mtns Nat'l Park
RSVP for this part of the event

Hike the tallest peak in TX !

Yeah, I know, it's only 8,751 feet but it's all we got.. lol It's about an 8.5 mile round trip hike with a 3,000 foot climb.

You also don't have to participate in the hike as Carlsbad Caverns Nat'l Park is just a few miles north and that would also be a great visit.

We'll plan to arrive on Wed Feb 24th and setup camp and just hang out On Thu Feb 25th we'll start the hike in the morning. We're usually done with the hike early and break down camp then head over to Davis Mtns State Park only 150 miles away

Camping:
It's never very crowded this time of year and we've always used the Pine Springs Campground.

Feb 25-28 (Thu-Sun)
Ft Davis, TX

Hotel:
Fort Davis Motor Inn

Camping:
Davis Mtns State Park

When you register, just ask where all the other ST-Owners are just don't say 'Stoners' or they put you someplace else

-- 2/25 --
Arrive at Ft Davis, TX

-- 2/26 --
Possible tour of McDonald Observatory from site member - I'm working on it. Some folks may ride to Big Bend Nat'l Park then start heading home on Saturday or take 2 days for the park and head back on Sunday

-- 2/28 --
Head home.

"If you love your motorcycle let it go, if it comes back to you...you high-sided"
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal