Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Hello All, from Rush Creek, Brisbane, Australia.. :)  (Read 36445 times)

Bindoonit

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2005 ST3 Ducati, 2006 Husqvarna TE 450, 1953 Nimbus, and Gonzo the Great
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2016, 02:25:17 pm »

Hello All, I figure this is where the true bike enthusiasts are, stuck in thee workshop havin' lots of fun. I have an ST3 Duke 2005 and it has been ridden sparingly since I bought it (new). I unfortunately have a bad back and don't get that much time on the road. I'm thinking I should change the belts and adjust valves as its not from high miles just that she's now 11 yrs and maybe things should get freshened up. The dealer who I bought the bike from has recently shut down, and so will be looking at Sydney probably for the parts. So I'm hoping that there will be some people who have knowledge of this bike and could help with some tech tips. The hardest part Ive found on this bike is just tearing down the fairing, fiddly bit of Italian Dressmaking..  Rolleyes so over to you hope everyones havin fun !. Cheers, John
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Aero
Italophile

Reputation 20

Motorcycles: '99 Ducati ST2
GPS: Was Ontario, now Gloucestershire, UK
Miles Typed: 810

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 09:47:40 am »

Hi John, as the owner of a Ducati ST you are obviously a man of discernment and good taste! I bought my first ST2 in 1998 and a couple of years ago I managed to track down another and I plan to hang on to it as I still can't see anything with the same combination of qualities. Smile  Yes, that fairing is a pain to remove and replace but there are a few dodges to make it a little easier if you consult the Yahoo Ducati ST owners group, are you a member? It caters for all Ducati ST series bikes despite originally being aimed at ST2 owners, and it is an invaluable reference and a nice bunch of people. I would send the link but my computer doesn't want to go into Yahoo today for some reason, but it's easy enough to find. There are some Aussie ST owners on there with a lot of miles between them and they can probably give you all the advice you will ever need. If those belts are 11 year old originals they really need to be changed, it's cheap insurance. Thumbsup

You should not anthropomorphize machines. They don't like it.Cool
Confucius says:
"Forget about the past, you cannot change it. Forget about the future, you cannot predict it. Forget about the present, I didn't get you one."
Bindoonit

Reputation 1

Motorcycles: 2005 ST3 Ducati, 2006 Husqvarna TE 450, 1953 Nimbus, and Gonzo the Great
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 03:43:33 pm »

Hey Aero, Cheers for the heads up, will have a look, I toured the UK back in 1980 on my Nimbus, it was one very cold tour, but would not have missed it! Thumbsup
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal