Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: 14 V-Strom DL1000 & Stromtrooper Forum  (Read 2111 times)

z-faucon

Reputation 10

GPS: NE
Miles Typed: 21

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2016, 04:31:56 pm »

Hi there   ,

I am about to own a '14 V-Strom DL1000 soon.   So I thought you may find this story interesting.

So, I joined the Stromtrooper Forum  (for Free) to learn and contribute.  

In doing so, I introduced myself and on the same day welcomed about 15 new members within the new member thread.  

The next day I signed into the Stromtrooper Forum only to receive this message ---   "You have been banned for the following reasons:  Suspicious behavior and post padding"   You are banned for life"

I was shocked   EEK!,     I didn't know what I did?    So I wrote the Administrator asking for help and explanation.    3 days go by they never responded.   So I wrote the administrator again asking for help and explanation and said I thought it is immature to ban someone for life not even given the courtesy of a reply?   I still don't know what the issue is?       They never replied back  

WOW...  I was wondering if anyone else got such a rude and terrible cooperation from them.      

Nevertheless,  I own a Busa and hope to have the Gen2, DL1000 soon.    
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Volfy

Reputation 19

Motorcycles: '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 Trophy SE, '10 VFR1200
Miles Typed: 1081

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:58:05 am »

Let me get this straight... they banned you for life for posting too many welcome posts for other new members?  Sounds like somebody is holding his/her sphincters too tight.

Yeah you can register complaints and raise some private hell, but...  Realistically though, if you just want to get on that forum to ask questions, don't bother wasting your time and just re-register as another new user with a different email account.  This time, keep you posts to a bare minimum.  Or, find another forum.

That said... I'd have to say, I actually prefer forums that are very actively "policed" to ones that are wild wild west, where anything goes.  It's like in any human society, it's the social contract: the individual gives up some personal freedom in exchange for public security... as long as the individual knows what rules are being imposed and that they are imposed fairly and consistently.
z-faucon

Reputation 10

GPS: NE
Miles Typed: 21

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 02:20:59 pm »

Let me get this straight... they banned you for life for posting too many welcome posts for other new members?  Sounds like somebody is holding his/her sphincters too tight.

That is "exactly" correct sir.    I did nothing other than welcome about 15 or so new members (politely) after posting my introduction on the Stromtrooper forum.    

I cannot sign-on as another user as they went so far as banned my IP

If anyone knows the administrators there, I would be very interested in understanding the reason for such actions!   Especially the rude behavior of not even responding to my requests for help?

Advertisement

Volfy

Reputation 19

Motorcycles: '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 Trophy SE, '10 VFR1200
Miles Typed: 1081

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 03:25:55 pm »

Ouch!  Sounds like they might be mistaking you for somebody on their sh!tlist.   Headscratch
Cobalt
The monkey's football

Reputation 167

Motorcycles: Something old, it's not blue, nor 'tis borrowed, so screw you.
Miles Typed: 3345

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 05:18:36 pm »

So tired of butt hurt system admins who rule with an iron douchenozzle.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

"Chris is correct." -- bomber
Oxblood

Reputation 16

Motorcycles: 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
GPS: Vancouver, BC
Miles Typed: 1090

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 12:19:25 pm »

Wow! I frequented Stromtrooper back when I rode a WeeStrom. Generally it was a polite and civilized place, but there were a few trolls who periodically  made life miserable for a couple of years, and they also had their fair share of problems with spam bots. You may have been banned because they mistook your sudden high post count as signs of a spam bot.

Keep in mind that Stromtrooper is 100% volunteer run and supported soely by the owner's pocket and donations. The admins are not full time, and it may take some time to get a response. I am sure if you politely explain yourself they may lift the ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal