Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: So your triumph heated grips aren't hot enough.  (Read 936 times)

armarra

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: Triumph Sprint ST 2004 Green.
Miles Typed: 6

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2016, 05:51:35 am »

Hi All,

I've seen posts that some riders would like their grips to have a higher heat level. Some have been so adamant about this that they change over to oxford, which is pricey and not necessary.

I checked the switch that would normally be on the left hand side panel. This rocker switch has no resistive elements inside to adjust the current sent through the heating elements, however the wires that plug into this switch are in fact the resistive components that determine how hot your grips get.

So.. If you shorten the wire slightly that connects to the high or to the low side of the switch, then the current going to the grips will be higher for that particular switch setting.  I shortened both of mine by about a foot. Given that the wires are about a metre in length,  this represents an approx 33% increase in current.

If you're unsure, try cutting a few inches and try for yourself. In any event, the grips can be made to work at a higher temperature and in the colder climates, this would be well received.

just be careful that you cut the wire that's actually connected to the switch position that you want to increase the temp for... in rocker switches, its the opposite(to switch position) side wire that gets connected to the centre terminal.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal