Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Motorcycles of Charlotte & BMW Performance Center, US Riders Academy  (Read 1207 times)

GRN
That's not vibration, it's SOUL...

Reputation 23

Motorcycles: '10 KLX250S, '14 R12RT, and whatever I happen to ride home :)
GPS: Charlotte, NC
Miles Typed: 1426

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2017, 01:56:17 am »

We are SUPER excited to partner with the folks at the BMW Performance Center US Rider Academy (https://bmwperformancecenter.com/school/classes/motorrad), to offer our customers great deals on some world class training, and the opportunity to host your training experience! One of our staff will accompany each group in Spartanburg for the sessions offered, and join you in the experience!

We need a minimum of 4 customers per session to get the discounts, shown below with the course descriptions. Please RSVP ([email protected]) and let me know what course and date you would like to participate in. Having previously been involved in the training segment, I strongly encourage the use of academy bikes, especially for the OFF ROAD courses - not worrying about dropping your own bike will make a HUGE difference in your learning experience.

In addition, BMW Performance Center US Rider Academy is holding an Open House on April 15 - and from what I'm hearing from the inside, there is going to be a ton of super cool stuff going on! I'll be organizing a small group to enjoy some back roads on the way down for the day, drop me a line if you're interested in joining me.

One Day ON ROAD Course
This one-day course begins with a short classroom session, followed by going over your bike’s operations and track time. After a complimentary lunch, you’ll head back out for advanced exercises and some full laps around the track. We practice challenge by choice, which means we encourage students to go at a pace they feel comfortable with. You can choose to use one of our bikes, or bring your own.

$595 $506 - use your own BMW Motorcycle
$755 $642 - use one of ours

Available Dates:
Sunday February 19
Saturday April 1

One Day OFF ROAD Course
Start this one-day session with some classroom instruction that covers the basics of off-road riding. Then, run through exercises that teach balance, control and confidence on varied surfaces. After a complimentary lunch, tackle unique off-road paths complete with ruts and washboards, then practice emergency braking. End the day a better rider than when you woke up. You can choose to use one of our bikes, or bring your own.

$635 $540 - Use your own BMW Motorcycle
$795 $676 - Use one of ours

Available Dates:
Saturday February 18
Saturday May 20

Two Day OFF ROAD Course
This two-day offering will have you ready to tackle almost any remote location that you wish to transit. The first day will cover off-road foundations, while day two gets into more focused events like traversing steep inclines and declines, riding through mud, and picking up your bike while on a hill. The enhanced riding skills you learn will become as vital as your favorite pair of boots. You can choose to use one of our bikes, or bring your own.

$1,270 $1,080 - Use your own BMW Motorcycle
$1,590 $1,352 - Use one of ours

Available Dates:
Saturday-Sunday March 11-12
Saturday-Sunday May 6-7

One Day Adventure Tour
Experience a BMW Adventure bike in a whole new way. Meet at the BMW Performance Center and caravan through picturesque scenery on motorcycle-friendly highways. Once we reach the mountains, we head off the beaten path, where you can explore your BMW’s amazing off-road prowess while taking in the very best views that nature has to offer. You can choose to use one of our bikes, or bring your own.

$680 $578 - Use your own BMW Motorcycle
$749 $637 - Use one of ours

Available Dates:
Sunday April 2
Sunday May 21

Questions? [email protected]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:40:29 am by GRN » Logged

Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte
There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it…
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

garry
Bleeds Orange...

Reputation 95

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: KTM 1190 Adventure / KTM 530 EXC
GPS: Southwestern PA
Miles Typed: 6036

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 06:59:08 am »

I assume the off-road course is targeted at BMW GS owners (or uses their BMW GS bikes). If you use one of their bikes, are you on the hook for any damage when you drop it or crash it at speed?

2015 KTM 1190 Adventure
2009 KTM 530 EXC
GRN

Reputation 23

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:09:59 am »

I assume the off-road course is targeted at BMW GS owners (or uses their BMW GS bikes). If you use one of their bikes, are you on the hook for any damage when you drop it or crash it at speed?

And a fair question that is... the answer I got from the director of the USRA: "If a customer rents a motorcycle from us, they aren’t on the hook for any damage unless it’s done on purpose. (That’s a clause that has never needed to be enforced.)"

Pretty good deal, eh?

And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it…
Advertisement

garry
Bleeds Orange...

Reputation 95

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 10:59:24 am »

That sounds like a pretty good deal. Even with the discount, $1400 is a lot of coin for a training class (at least on my budget), but it does include using their bike. I ride a KTM 1190 Adventure, but haven't exploited it like I should on gnarly unpaved "roads" mostly because I am unwilling to drop it:

-- I'm not sure I can pick it up (solo) in funky, off-camber situations, even with the back to bike method.

-- Don't want to scratch it all up and possibly/probably break expensive plastic from low speed tip overs (yes, the bike has a skid plate and engine guards)

The end result is I never stray from a very conservative comfort zone on the bike which seriously compromises moving along the learning curve. Not worrying about minor (not necessarily inexpensive) cosmetic damage from dropping the bike when trying stuff outside the comfort zone would be good fun.

Now on my KTM 530, I'll try a lot more since it's half the weight, crashes well (not much to break) and has aggressive knobbies. Not afraid to leave it napping, but still try to avoid crashing as old guys don't bounce well.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:05:20 am by garry » Logged

2015 KTM 1190 Adventure
2009 KTM 530 EXC
rajflyboy

Reputation 365

Motorcycles: BMW
Miles Typed: 1622

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 02:35:27 pm »

Motorcycles of Charlotte

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But awful nice machines being bought and sold there

"The Dream is free The Hustle is sold separately”
GRN

Reputation 23

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 03:03:03 am »

I'm putting a Feb 6th cut off date on this program, so if you want in, please let me know in the next week.

I will put something like this together again for some fall dates, so you will have another chance to take advantage should you miss this round!

garry
Bleeds Orange...

Reputation 95

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 07:15:27 am »

I'm thinking a two-day Shane Watts "DirtWise" class is a lot more likely for me. It's local in April and heaps less expensive ($390).

2015 KTM 1190 Adventure
2009 KTM 530 EXC
rajflyboy

Reputation 365

Motorcycles: BMW
Miles Typed: 1622

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 06:51:27 am »

I'm thinking a two-day Shane Watts "DirtWise" class is a lot more likely for me. It's local in April and heaps less expensive ($390).

Thumbsup

"The Dream is free The Hustle is sold separately”
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal