Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Kurviger! app comes to Andy phones.  (Read 889 times)

RBEmerson
Repaired but not refurbed

Reputation 32

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: '17 FJR 1300ES, (lamented) '03 BMW K1200RS
GPS: Skippack, PA, USA
Miles Typed: 3747

My Photo Gallery

In Witness Relocation...

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2017, 12:23:38 am »

DISCLAIMER: I know the developer and I probably had some small hand in suggesting some things, but otherwise have no skin in this. I even paid the Pro fee (out kindness and feeling guilty about not donating soomer).

The Kurviger.de web site, which started as a twisty route finder for European riders, grew up to the point where it can handle anywhere roads are found on a map. That is, you can go twisty-hunting here in the good ol' USofA, the UofK (OK, UK), or oh... Canada...

The site starts in German unless you use www.kurviger.de/en or just choose the English option on the German page.

Kurviger.de can draw "OK, I'll accept some slabbing" routes, "don't want no slabs, don't want no corkscrews, do want curves", or "bring it on!!!" routes. They can be modified in lots of ways, and the results can be exported to anything that can handle a .GPX file - such as Base Camp. Or the route can be saved with a unique URL which, of course, can be shared. This site has a lot going for it, but... kinda sucks to carry your laptop, a satellite hotspot, and gen set to keep everything going. But wait...! Now there is... "Kurviger!" for any AndyOS phone.

Kurviger! does all the neat stuff the web site does and you can take it with you. The free version is fully functional, does the routing, etc. The Pro version adds voice navigation, improved map imagery (3D shading for terrain), extended round trip routing (600 mi, 1000 km), alternative routing, and a turn adviser to point out "can't turn into a one-way street" sorts of things.

Kurviger! is free, Kurviger! Pro is $6.49. IMHO it's one of the few apps that's more than just another "Talking Tom" or "Beer Chug" app that wears out after 5 minutes.

Almost forgot... Play Store - search for Kurviger. Easy-peasy.

It's taken me entirely too long to develop a sense of patience.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

garry
Bleeds Orange...

Reputation 95

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: KTM 1190 Adventure / KTM 530 EXC
GPS: Southwestern PA
Miles Typed: 6036

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 07:53:31 am »

So I gave it a shot and it looks pretty interesting. I might be heading north tomorrow to buy a helmet from someone and let it compute an extra twisty route for me. It would be nice to be able to change units to miles, but once you export the GPX, BaseCamp doesn't care. Just a bit of tweaking to clean it up and I think I'll give it a shot...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 08:08:43 am by garry » Logged

2015 KTM 1190 Adventure
2009 KTM 530 EXC
RBEmerson
Repaired but not refurbed

Reputation 32

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: '17 FJR 1300ES, (lamented) '03 BMW K1200RS
GPS: Skippack, PA, USA
Miles Typed: 3747

My Photo Gallery

In Witness Relocation...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 08:03:18 am »

Exactly. Check out Kurviger.de/en to get a feel for what the app does. The app adds some additions functions over the web site, and, of course, you can take the route with you. Or change it on the fly.

It's taken me entirely too long to develop a sense of patience.
Advertisement

Wittionfer

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: BMW R1200GS LC
GPS: Renton, WA 98055
Miles Typed: 25

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 03:24:07 am »

I think I will try the app, too.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal