Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: DeLorme inReach Explorer Satellite Communicator + DeLorme Protector  (Read 617 times)

FJR_ski

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2007 Yamaha FJR
GPS: Chicago, IL
Miles Typed: 221

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2017, 08:57:19 am »

Including original Delorme inReach SE/Explorer Protective/ Flotation Case in Orange. Item was activated once, I have added family contact info to it, but never used it in the field.

Asking $280.00 free shipping
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Daboo

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: BMW F800GT
Miles Typed: 52

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 02:25:22 pm »

I have a DeLorme inReach device also, and like it.

If you're considering a SPOT device, I believe this is a better deal.  The inReach allows two-way messaging, and the last I checked, the SPOT did not.  Also, the last I checked, the inReach plans were less expensive in the long run than the SPOT plans were.  I used mine last summer and then turned it off for the winter.  I'll start it up again in May with their basic lowest cost plan, and then move to a more expensive plan in June.  I don't believe you have those options with SPOT.

If you're wondering why you "need" one, depending on where you ride, you may be out of cell tower range.  Here in Washington state, if I cross the state on I-90, I'm covered the entire way across the state.  But if I go a few miles north and use US2...I'm out of cell tower range quite quickly.

I don't know the reason for the OP's sale, but it's a deal.

Chris

Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
IBA# 49894   John 14:6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal