Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: BRAG discontinued  (Read 2456 times)

jreichner

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2006, 10:12:04 am »

I am not sure if anyone is interested but I called the other day to renew my BRAG member ship and I was told that they will no longer be renewing BRAG memberships but if I was interested I could purchase a HOG membership. Couple things here, I living in DE and there are no Buell dealers in the state anymore. The closest dealer is apx 30 miles away. When I used to live in PA, two of the dealers that I used to frequent are no longer Buell dealers. What is going one? Is HD starting to slowly abandon the brand or a Buells in this area just not popular or not selling?

Your thoughts
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Rogue
Menace to Society

Reputation 108

Motorcycles: Buell and Honda
Miles Typed: 6884

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 11:58:29 am »

Is HD starting to slowly abandon the brand or a Buells in this area just not popular or not selling?

Your thoughts

I'm not sure which year it happened.  HD gave their dealerships an option to carry Buell bikes or not.  Obviously, many of the HD dealerships chose not to.  Honestly, I have encountered a few of the HD dealerships who do carry Buell, and even then, some of them are just clueless or careless how they sell Buells.  They may have one, maybe two Buell's available for viewing.  

However, I have also encountered a couple of the better Buell dealers and they sure make a world of a difference!  If all Buell dealerships were run that way, they would sell more bikes.  Right now, Buell enthusiasts need to go far to find THE dealership that really do cater to Buell bikes.  

In any case, HD is not abandoning the mark.  Buell continues to release new models.  The success of their Ulysses, as well as the continuing improvement to their lineup has brought the brand back up.  Buell is HD's insurance to keep their market share in the market outside of cruisers.  Buell is making money for them and it gives them exposure so it doesn't make sense to let it go.  

Rogue
jreichner

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 12:02:50 pm »

Rincewind...Thanks for the reply. I feel a bit better now. I was starting to become a little concerned.
Advertisement

2DFlyer
Wheelie Conflicted

Reputation 7

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '04 R1150RT
GPS: Apex, NC
Miles Typed: 1258

My Photo Gallery

IBA# 54155 SS1000

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 11:41:16 pm »

I've not seen the numbers but I understand Buell does well in Europe where exotic sporting twins are the norm.  

RIP
'04 R1150R '05 Speed Triple  '05 Duc ST3   '99 ZRX1100 x 2
'02 883C   '98 PC800    '82 JX750J Maxim  '82 GS650L
Kootenanny
"Not That Good"

Reputation 33

Years Contributed: '09
Miles Typed: 4630

My Photo Gallery

Buellshit!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 02:24:24 am »

I never could see the benefits of belonging to BRAG...I certainly wasn't about to renew when my complimentary membership ran out.  No events anywhere near my area that I ever heard of (maybe because there are no dealers anywhere within three hours +), and there are exactly two other Buell owners within an hours ride that I'm aware of, neither of whom I know...hey, I just ride the thing, no need for a club!

E=MC2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal