Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Biking the Balkans  (Read 9647 times)

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15423

My Photo Gallery

« on: October 18, 2017, 03:04:56 pm »

Ok, so the title is a bit more "grand" than the actual countries covered, but it had a nice ring to it, and simply saying "Croatia" would not have been sufficient.

And since it was a really long trip, I am not about copy/paste it all here, so here is a link to Day 1!

There are 15 days in all, and I have finished up Days 1-7 so far.

Here we are on Day 1 and just heading out!

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

rajflyboy

Reputation 378

Motorcycles: BMW
Miles Typed: 2257

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:28:31 pm »

Awesome  

Thumbsup

"The Dream is free The Hustle is sold separately”
Daniel Kalal
It's pronounced Goot-see

Reputation 114

Motorcycles: Guzzi Daytona, Guzzi Stelvio
GPS: Kansas
Miles Typed: 1001

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 11:16:47 pm »

There are 15 days in all, and I have finished up Days 1-7 so far

Well done!  I wasn't sure you were finished up through day 16, but you are.   Too bad about the rain, but I guess it wasn't altogether horrible rain.  And, I know what you mean about those toll roads.  I'll ride miles out of my way to avoid those--especially if it means taking off wet gloves.  As much as I think Switzerland is over-charging for their Vignette system, at least they don't stop you every twenty miles to take more money.

Again, well done.
Advertisement

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 05:18:46 am »

Doh! I totally forgot to update this post  Embarassment  Yes, the entire trip is now done and properly linked  Thumbsup

Daniel, I think that thing that bothered me the most about the rain (other than obscuring the views) was the fact that my gear was not up to the task. When I had my 'stitch I relished riding through a downpour, knowing that no matter how much rain was out there, I was warm and dry inside.  

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 05:20:22 am »

As much as I think Switzerland is over-charging for their Vignette system, at least they don't stop you every twenty miles to take more money.

I do wish that Switzerland offered a short-term vignette, like Austria does. It would make a lot of sense for them to do this, and considering that an annual pass is 40 CHF, a 10 day pass would still make them good money  Thumbsup

Besides, those tunnels are expensive to build  Lol

Member since 2003
Daniel Kalal
It's pronounced Goot-see

Reputation 114

Motorcycles: Guzzi Daytona, Guzzi Stelvio
GPS: Kansas
Miles Typed: 1001

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 10:02:27 am »

...my gear was not up to the task. When I had my 'stitch I relished riding through a downpour, knowing that no matter how much rain was out there, I was warm and dry inside.

I'm still wearing my same 1-piece Aerostich twenty-four years after I bought it.  It used to be black w/grey points.  Now it's a sort-of mottled dark grey.  I had the zippers upgraded to the current spec; it's still keeping me dry.  You must have gone for something more fashionable...
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 02:43:09 am »

If the 'stitch had still fit me, I'd still be wearing it. But somewhere along the way I developed "womanly hips" and those just did not fit into the 'stich anymore  Sad   And what I bought (Klim) is not fashionable at all: I look and feel like I'm gearing up for the Iditerod every time!

I'm jealous that you still have yours!

Member since 2003
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal