Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Winter musings  (Read 25917 times)

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15423

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2018, 08:34:25 am »

You know, I try to dislike Fly Boy but he's like an ugly mut that hangs around your yard. You want to chase him off but he's got those eyes so you put up with him.

I know what you mean.

And you ARE nice, BiB! And blue is the best. I mean, just look at that eye color!

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 267

Motorcycles: 2012 FJR1300 2020 GSX-S1000
GPS: Rio Rancho, NM
Miles Typed: 3299

My Photo Gallery

Blue motorcycles are fastest

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2018, 08:39:33 am »

I know what you mean.

And you ARE nice, BiB! And blue is the best. I mean, just look at that eye color!

Geesh! Do I owe you money or something? Now I have to be nice to you.                

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit, '17 KTM SD GT
alphabet man
2017 Africa Twin , Fe501S Husqvarna

Reputation 26

Years Contributed: '09
Miles Typed: 2462

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2018, 10:55:12 am »

Nope you guys are wrong, I just don't like him he is narrow minded, antagonistic and judgmental. I suspect if he knew any or most of us he would know that most of us grew up on sports bikes, have dabbled in moto x owned more than a few ST bikes and like to explore far way places on the comfort of adv bikes. Can he ride, does he have a bike? maybe but I am pretty sure he is the type of guy I love passing on an inside corner  Bigsmile

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." George Bernard Shaw

Seek Adventure!
Advertisement

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2018, 02:00:49 pm »

Nope you guys are wrong, I just don't like him he is narrow minded, antagonistic and judgmental. I suspect if he knew any or most of us he would know that most of us grew up on sports bikes, have dabbled in moto x owned more than a few ST bikes and like to explore far way places on the comfort of adv bikes. Can he ride, does he have a bike? maybe but I am pretty sure he is the type of guy I love passing on an inside corner  Bigsmile

Oh trust me, I'm not a fan of his. But I am just too nice to really say anything. But you did a wonderful job  Bigok

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
motrhead
Travellin' Soul

Reputation 25

Motorcycles: '03 Guzzi V11 LeMans, ‘08 Ulysses, '07 Norge , XT350
GPS: BC, Canada
Miles Typed: 1137

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2018, 10:57:43 pm »

LOL. Raj can be a world class dink, but I would still go for a beer or a ride with him. Beerchug
  I do think someone on a GS must have stolen his girlfriend or something for him to be so wound up about ADV bikes . I suspect he may ride a scooter. It would explain a lot.
 I am impressed that such a proud Trump devotee and redneck has a gay icon as his avatar. He may be more liberal than he let's on.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost
alphabet man

Reputation 26

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2018, 07:09:37 am »

Oh trust me, I'm not a fan of his. But I am just too nice to really say anything. But you did a wonderful job  Bigok

Did you just tell me I wan't nice  Rolleyes

LOL I would definitely have a beer with him. someone needs to straighten him out  Bigsmile

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." George Bernard Shaw

Seek Adventure!
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2018, 08:47:24 am »

Did you just tell me I wan't nice  Rolleyes

That's some serious reading between the lines there  Embarassment   Lol

Member since 2003
rajflyboy

Reputation 378

Motorcycles: BMW
Miles Typed: 2257

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2018, 05:17:48 pm »

LOL. Raj can be a world class dink, but I would still go for a beer or a ride with him. Beerchug
  I do think someone on a GS must have stolen his girlfriend or something for him to be so wound up about ADV bikes . I suspect he may ride a scooter. It would explain a lot.
 I am impressed that such a proud Trump devotee and redneck has a gay icon as his avatar. He may be more liberal than he let's on.

Freddy Mercury had talent and didn’t ask for special privilege because of who he was

A motorcycle is a work of Art and square boxes ruin that in my opinion

"The Dream is free The Hustle is sold separately”
motrhead
Travellin' Soul

Reputation 25

Motorcycles: '03 Guzzi V11 LeMans, ‘08 Ulysses, '07 Norge , XT350
GPS: BC, Canada
Miles Typed: 1137

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2018, 06:11:55 pm »

Freddy Mercury had talent and didn’t ask for special privilege because of who he was

A motorcycle is a work of Art and square boxes ruin that in my opinion

Exactly! I have always been a big fan of Freddy, so you'll get no argument from me Bigok
 Square boxes serve a purpose. Big capacity, and usually some crash survivability. Form over function. I'm all about the art too, but when you need the luggage, they are great. I hear you on the posers that will never go further than Starbucks, but for a lot of us they are a necessary wart. Personally, I prefer a large soft duffle bag on my adventure bikes, and nice fiberglass/plastic bags on my sport-touring bike, but when the hard bags come stock, I use them. I do remove them for local use to.reduce wind resistance and for looks .

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost
rajflyboy

Reputation 378

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2018, 07:48:44 pm »

If I travel by motorcycle I am a minimalist

Only a few things go with me

Camp suds allow me to keep my clothes clean daily

alphabet man

Reputation 26

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2018, 12:32:53 am »

Well we can agree on something i had a950 with giant hard boxes they were functional cant argue that but i hated them, on th AT i find the soft bags is all I need and with quick release racks I can ditch anytime.

Seek Adventure!
alphabet man

Reputation 26

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2018, 12:38:40 am »

All i needhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180224/1d063326e803283e84ff5cad77bc5b88.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Seek Adventure!
rajflyboy

Reputation 378

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2018, 05:33:27 am »

Well we can agree on something i had a950 with giant hard boxes they were functional cant argue that but i hated them, on th AT i find the soft bags is all I need and with quick release racks I can ditch anytime.

This

Bounce
FJR1300

Reputation 104

GPS: USA
Miles Typed: 1507

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2018, 06:44:16 am »

All i need

Is this paddle ball game...

this paddle ball game and this thermos...

This paddle ball game, this thermos, and this chair...

FJR-Tips.org

IBA #285
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2018, 06:44:48 am »

I guess it just depends on what one needs, and there is no "one right solution".

For instance, when Dan and I went to the Balkans last fall, we brought a lot with us. Not because we couldn't wash our clothes during the trip, but because we needed a variety of clothes: bathing suits for the beaches, shorts for wandering around warm coastal towns, warm clothes for wandering around mountain towns, hiking clothes and boots for planned hikes, waterproof jackets for inclement weather...  It all had to go somewhere. And with the hardcases I knew that my stuff would remain dry and - most important when traveling - it was lockable.

Of course, one turn of the key when I get home and I can remove the cases, so its not like it is a big deal to take them off when I need to.

And particular to my case, I use the cases for shopping. Since we don't have a car, when I go shopping in Germany I need all of the space I can get in carrying that stuff back home  Embarassment

Member since 2003
alphabet man

Reputation 26

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2018, 08:46:29 am »

I guess it just depends on what one needs, and there is no "one right solution".

For instance, when Dan and I went to the Balkans last fall, we brought a lot with us. Not because we couldn't wash our clothes during the trip, but because we needed a variety of clothes: bathing suits for the beaches, shorts for wandering around warm coastal towns, warm clothes for wandering around mountain towns, hiking clothes and boots for planned hikes, waterproof jackets for inclement weather...  It all had to go somewhere. And with the hardcases I knew that my stuff would remain dry and - most important when traveling - it was lockable.

Of course, one turn of the key when I get home and I can remove the cases, so its not like it is a big deal to take them off when I need to.

And particular to my case, I use the cases for shopping. Since we don't have a car, when I go shopping in Germany I need all of the space I can get in carrying that stuff back home  Embarassment

So what your telling me is when Liz and I come I renting a gs with all the bells, whistles and boxes Smile

Seek Adventure!
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2018, 10:06:04 am »

So what your telling me is when Liz and I come I renting a gs with all the bells, whistles and boxes Smile

Yes :

Don't worry: you'll fit right in.

Member since 2003
Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 267

Motorcycles: 2012 FJR1300 2020 GSX-S1000
GPS: Rio Rancho, NM
Miles Typed: 3299

My Photo Gallery

Blue motorcycles are fastest

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2018, 10:13:26 am »

Quoted for posterity Reported.

Get the fuck out of the Canada section you useless piece of shit. Smile
How’s that for being clear ?

EEK!

WOW!

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit, '17 KTM SD GT
birdrunner

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4865

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2018, 11:46:40 am »

Yeah, and I removed his post but you quoted it, so the politics are still there. If you edit your post to remove his quote, we can leave your request for the piece of shit to leave the Canadian forum  Cool

What,   Did somebody quote Trudeau?

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
ST1300Rider
Old Phart

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: 2013 R1200 GS LC, '87 Honda XL600V
GPS: Eastern Slope of the Alberta Rocky Mountains
Miles Typed: 691

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2018, 12:57:00 pm »

One of my winter rituals is spending some time combing through many forums gear sections looking for hidden gems. I'm a total sucker for well designed, inventive and well made tools. Some of which I actually use  Headscratch I'm thinking THIS might be one I'll gamble on.

"In the end, its about the ride. Not the siren songs of the farkles." AugustFalcon on ADVRiders.

https://wendeltrees.ca/wordpress/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal