Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Winter musings  (Read 25915 times)

Oilhed
MarkF

Reputation 22

Motorcycles: 2009 BMW K1200LT (trunkless)
GPS: Connecticut
Miles Typed: 1873

My Photo Gallery

MarkF

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2018, 10:23:51 pm »

I usually end up licensing three bikes every year, but not usually the same three. Only the Norge will carry over to this year.

I've always wanted to try a Norge 8V.  Did they ever get it sorted out?  Speaking asa former Guzzi owner.

MarkF

new bike - BMW K1200LT & old bikes - BMW R1150GS, Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Yammie TW200, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

motrhead
Travellin' Soul

Reputation 25

Motorcycles: '03 Guzzi V11 LeMans, ‘08 Ulysses, '07 Norge , XT350
GPS: BC, Canada
Miles Typed: 1137

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2018, 10:34:51 pm »

I've always wanted to try a Norge 8V.  Did they ever get it sorted out?  Speaking asa former Guzzi owner.

Yes they did. '13 and on have the roller cam. No issues. The 8v is a sweet engine! Not that there is anything wrong with the old 2 valve per cylinder 1200... but the extra hp and the way the 8v eagerly lunges for redline are definitely worth giving one a try.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost
ducatosh

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, 2009 BMW R1200rt, 98ST2 in pieces
GPS: Nelson, BC
Miles Typed: 160

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2018, 09:54:21 am »

Riding today. Feels 😊Happy.

Feel the same!  Went for my first spin of the season yesterday, up to Kaslo and back on the Hyperstrada.  Springlike when I left Nelson, 11C, but dropped to 8C at Balfour and 6C at Coffee Creek.  Didn't get much warmer until Kokanee Park on the way back when it hit 8C again.  With the heated liner and grips cranked up I stayed just warm enough.  There were little patches of sand between Balfour and Kaslo but mostly in the middle of the road so easy to avoid.  In spite of the chill in the air and the sand on the roads, it still felt great to move the right wrist!

And if anyone is wondering why I wasn't on the RT with its much better Wx protection, it has some intermittent electrical glitch that's making it an undependable starter.  Can't quite figure it out...

Colin
Advertisement

Canuck

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: 2014 Triumph Tiger 800, 72 Bonneville, 69 Royal Enfield Interceptor
GPS: Saskatchewan Canada
Miles Typed: 786

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2018, 12:00:41 pm »

I can usually ride by Easter weekend here (Saskatoon) even if it's cool, but it's -18 right now and there's still a foot of snow on my front lawn. We also are not supposed to get highs above zero for about another week. I tried to banish winter this week by moving my car from the garage to the driveway and putting the Triumph Tiger into the preferred garage spot. I also brought all of my gear out of the basement and hung it up in the garage. Then I went and bought fresh oil and an oil filter. At least it made me feel ready for spring. I might clean the chain today. It needs it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 01:36:00 pm by Canuck » Logged

"Just like the sky, the road never ends." R. L. Castleman, Gravity
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal