Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Tired of Sena - now what?  (Read 5511 times)

Swagfu

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA
GPS: Deland, Fl
Miles Typed: 237

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 12:08:46 am »

This is my next BT unit. Won't have it til November sometime, but it looks promising. No speakers or earbuds.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/domio-pro-a-game-changer-in-helmet-audio-comms?utm_campaign=contribution_receipt&utm_content=receipt-campaign_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=lifecycle#/
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

sprint_st
Let the Wookie Win

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: 2014 FJR1300A
GPS: SC Upstate
Miles Typed: 2630

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 10:22:45 am »

Been following lots of discussions on moving to a 30k from a 20s.  IMO, there are gadget chasers who always have to have the latest, up to datest and those who just want something that works.  FYI Sena just released a major software update to fix significant issues with the 30k and some not so significant issues with the 20s.  I have a Navigator V gps which I BT connect to my 20s.  I also have a BT Motorola GMRS/FRS that I connect to the 20s.  IMO it beats the BT bike to bike all to pieces.  My cell connects to the Nav V and my tunes are in the Nav V which is on bike power.  Actually I could do without the cell except for emergencies.  Then again I road for at least 40 years without any bike to bike other than hand signals which worked just fine.

73's from used to be KT4UN

It AIN'T the destination, it's the RIDE!
RBEmerson
Repaired but not refurbed

Reputation 32

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: '17 FJR 1300ES, (lamented) '03 BMW K1200RS
GPS: Skippack, PA, USA
Miles Typed: 3747

My Photo Gallery

In Witness Relocation...

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 11:45:40 am »

20S EVO is no longer the winner. I am over Sena. End of story.  Smile
Ignore this post - he hasn't a clue...  

Among other things, the 660's voice being infuriating loud, with no hope of changing the volume, put me past the tipping point. The TomTom Rider 550 turns out to have the same problem. But...

There is a way to change the volume with the 550. The key here is the 20S or 20S EVO has to able to handle two A2DP (the HiFi BT format) BT connections at the same time. I started working this thinking that only the EVO did the two ports thing. BZZZZT! Wrong-o Bluetooth breath. Upgrade the 20S up to firmware V2.0 and it becomes almost the 20S EVO without the antennas, etc. Including the two A2DP-capable ports. From there I did the work-around for volume control for the voice prompts. Woohoo!

Sena still remains mostly silent but the V2.0 update addresses a host of requested fixes and feature requests. Too bad the OM remains at 1.127 but using the EVO OM gets around that. In the end, I'm not over Sena after all.

It's taken me entirely too long to develop a sense of patience.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal