Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: BMW R 1200 RS Tool List Recommendations  (Read 1137 times)

zer0netgain

Reputation 28

Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
GPS: VA/TN
Miles Typed: 6397

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2018, 08:40:18 am »

Pulled the trigger and got the bike.  Can anyone recommend the specific “non-typical” tools one will need to do most any maintenance or repair as a DIY project?  Obviously you can leave out tools that are only needed for jobs best left to a BMW shop.  Thanks.  Cool

Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Sputnik

Reputation 3

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 2003 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans Rosso Corsa, 2015 BMW R1200RT, 2018 Suzuki DR650
GPS: Lethbridge, Alberta
Miles Typed: 488

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:07:38 pm »

Pulled the trigger and got the bike.  Can anyone recommend the specific “non-typical” tools one will need to do most any maintenance or repair as a DIY project?  Obviously you can leave out tools that are only needed for jobs best left to a BMW shop.  Thanks.  Cool

Look here first.....
Videos, instructions, DVD, resources, tools list (scroll to bottom of page), spec sheets, capacities, etc.
I highly recommend his DVDs....
http://www.jimvonbaden.com/Wethead.html

"If the misery of our poor be caused not by nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin".
Charles Darwin.
Sputnik

Reputation 3

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 2003 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans Rosso Corsa, 2015 BMW R1200RT, 2018 Suzuki DR650
GPS: Lethbridge, Alberta
Miles Typed: 488

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 04:17:18 pm »

And if you get one of these you can do almost all the servicing yourself:   scan and diagnose all bike systems, and  reset service intervals (required after oil changes, etc.).  It has saved me many thousands of $ in dealership serving costs.
https://www.gs911usa.com/

"If the misery of our poor be caused not by nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin".
Charles Darwin.
Advertisement

chilipeppernorm

Reputation 4

Motorcycles: 2014 BMW R 1200RT, 2004 Moto Guzzi V11 Ballbio
GPS: Oregon Coast
Miles Typed: 581

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 02:19:48 am »

This is the kit I've carried on the last 3 BMW's I've owned, handles most common fittings and such for any on the road repairs. I have a very well equipped roll away tool chest for other maintenance and you'll need a oil filter cap for your socket wrench for oil changes. What you need really depends on how deep in Maintenance and Repair you're going to go. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cruztools-rtb1-roadtech-bmw-tool-kit

"I have found that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them" 
Mark Twain
zer0netgain

Reputation 28

Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
GPS: VA/TN
Miles Typed: 6397

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 07:54:54 am »

Looks pricey for what you get.  I’ve already sourced tools I need and most everything else I already have.  Do like the handy carry case.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal