Jeremy Z

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: 2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
GPS: North Chicago metro
Miles Typed: 995

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2018, 03:13:53 pm »

Congrats on the FJR. I think a lot of your initial disappointments were just because you were used to BMW's way of doing things.

It's a great engine on the FJR, now that it's matured a bit.

To me, the bags don't look well-integrated, like they did on the ST1300; that's kind of a shame. But they're not terrible, like the box adv bags.

Does the ES have a "true clutch" like you originally wanted?

It's too late for this now, but did you consider just keeping the BMW and repairing the true mechanical damage and just leaving or touching up the cosmetic damage? It seems not.  Rolleyes

The FJR was the best two-up bike (short of a Goldwing) that I've ever ridden. The torque is addictive. Quality was top notch throughout, except that my first gen was kind of hot and buzzy. (all sorted now, as I understand it) I rode it most of the time with just the Givi V46 top box; only took the hard bags for proper touring.

-Jeremy
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Bounce
FJR1300

Reputation 92

GPS: USA
Miles Typed: 1274

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2018, 11:04:47 am »

The disadvantage of the "integration" of the ST bags was that, when off, there was an ugly "my bags are missing" look to the bike that isn't there with the FJR.

FJR-Tips.org

IBA #285
PatM

Reputation 24

Motorcycles: BMW R1200RT 2016
GPS: Montreal, Canada
Miles Typed: 990

My Photo Gallery

On the road again

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2018, 11:35:39 am »

I agree on the bags, the diamond shape isn't my favourite. They look like they don't belong on that bike. The RT bag has a much better shape and the bike doesn't look like it's missing something when you ride bagless.

Ride safe!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal