Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Handlebar and Triple Tree Mounting Advice Needed- 2016 Yamaha FJR1300  (Read 396 times)

XLonFJR1300

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2018, 02:48:40 pm »

I have heard a lot of complaints about the FJR1300's handlebars. Can anyone tell me if these problems persist on the GENIII models, specifically a 2016 FJR1300ES ? The comments I have heard regard wrist pain, and their odd shape does not allow as many clamping/mounting options as tube type bars do.

I am contemplating the purchase of a 2016 FJR1300ES, and need to be able to clamp some aftermarket items to the near center of this bar. A RAM ball will not work for the item I need to clamp there. I would like to install some inexpensive 12v cigarette style plugs(not powerlet) somewhere on or near the triple tree. A couple RAM ball mounts somewhere else near the triple tree for other items wouldn't hurt, either. I am aware of the other RAM mounting locations (Fork Stem mount, clutch reservoir, etc.) for GPS and radar detector, but I don't know where I could easily mount the 12v cigarette plugs or what inexpensive 12v cigarette style plugs will work, and there is no simple place to mount them without cutting into plastic. I need two more 12v plugs, and if I could I would upgrade the 12v plug in the glove box to something that could handle a higher wattage(other than powerlet).

There are handlebar riser plates(MV, Helibars) but none of those will accommodate 7/8"(22mm) handle bars which have a nice place to clamp to right in the middle. The item I need to mount to the handle bars needs a 7/8" tube to mount to. So, I don't think there is anything on the market for the FJR1300 that will meet my needs. I test rode an FJR and really liked it, but do not believe I will be able to get it outfitted to suit my needs, so I might not buy a 2016-2018 FJR1300ES. Having spoke with Bikemart, I don't even think the ABM tube conversion kit will work on a U.S. model 2016 Yamaha FJR1300ES(Frame Code RP1), and there is no place to mount cigarette plugs or additional RAM Ball Mounts on that item. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal