Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Resolved!!!! EXTREME disappointment turns to joy...Revzilla steps up BIG!!!  (Read 1751 times)

JNUNZMAN

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: 2003 Kawi ZRX 1200R in blue...... Ex 09 V-STROM 650, Ex 06 Duc Multistrada 620, Ex '04 BMW 1150 Roadster
GPS: Bucks county , PA
Miles Typed: 324

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2018, 01:54:44 pm »

I live close to Philly and have bought most of my accessories, boots, riding clothing, helmets etc from Revzilla both at the brick and mortar store and online. Love them.
Their site touts "Elite Customer Service"........and it has been until my close riding buddy had an issue with a pair of high end Sidi boots that he purchased from them.
He bought Sidi Armada Goretex boots.......$350 bucks back in late March of 2018. So he's had these boots for 4 months now and rides 2-3 times per week.  The left boot is actually falling apart on the right side of the left boot where is touches the shifter. Now his shifter is completely rubber coated....no metal to "leather" (it's not leather) contact.
There is actually a dime sized area that has already worn thru the boot surface and it looks like the the material underneath is actually just falling apart. Great for a $350 boot.

He contacted Revzilla who pointed him in the direction of the Sidi distributer for the USA. Mike sent them photos of the boot which looks unworn except a hold on the right side of the left foot. Apparently that area isn't leather or designed to withstand any abrasion from the shifter like most other high end boots. Because Sidi has seen this issue before and assumes that it was long term abrasion against an unsmooth shift leather, they denied replacement......even with photos.

Soooo.....back to Revzilla.........who then says essentially the same thing.....Sidi distributor won't warranty replacement.......but as a token they'll offer him a 20% discount on another pair of boots!!! HE JUST SPENT $350 4 MONTHS AGO!!!!!

So after much back and forth.....Revzilla will not just say to Motonation (Sidi USA distributor) "hey....these boots are garbage...we'll lose a customer....the design/construction is shoddy.....the boots are like new.....warranty them or we won't carry them".........they'd rather piss of a customer who spends a lot of dough on motorcycle stuff from them.

In the end my buddy is back to square one......Shitty Sidi's that look awesome but have a hole in them after 4 mos.....and Revzilla offering a whopping 20% off of a new pair of boots.....

I'll spend my dollars elsewhere because what happened to my friend Mike can just as well happen to me. I'd expect the Revzilla to step up and admit that the boot is garbage but they won't.

Too add insult to injury, Revzilla took down my buddy's review of the boots!! He didn't smoke Revzilla, but was honest about their response and they actually removed the post. So now when you look up reviews you don't actually hear from people that had issues.......only people who didn't......which really sucks.

Bye Bye Revzilla............
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 05:46:55 pm by JNUNZMAN » Logged

Why don't HD riders wave back? Is it my deodorant?
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

DosEquis00

Reputation 220

Motorcycles: 00 Blackbird, 08 C14
GPS: SEPA
Miles Typed: 2966

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 08:29:40 pm »

I understand both sides of the argument and it is clear that Sidi is the one responsible for the boots. Revzilla is always good for returns on gear that did not fit or disappointment in the quality. They do not do product warranty as far as I know. I am not standing up for Revzilla but if they took on manufacture warranty claims their prices would be even higher. I think your friend should get in contact with another human via phone with Sidi.
JNUNZMAN

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: 2003 Kawi ZRX 1200R in blue...... Ex 09 V-STROM 650, Ex 06 Duc Multistrada 620, Ex '04 BMW 1150 Roadster

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 08:44:15 pm »

He tried multiple people at Motonation and failed. They even admitted that they've seen the issue before. The only way to go beyond is to call Sidi in Italy which would be a real challenge.......
A shoddy product is a shoddy product......some people are legit when they complain and some are not and want to use something for a trip and return it. A $350 boot shouldn't develop a hole because a rubber shift lever rubs on it over a 4 month period.
Revzilla sells a lot of stuff. When you get multiple issues with a product  and you have a customer who spends a lot of money with you with a legit complaint, the thing to do is refund the money, take the product back to the manufacturer and show them that they have a production/design issue that they need to deal with and that you won't carry that product until it's fixed.
The customer is happy, he spends more money with you....and Revzilla makes more money. Not to mention that people forget the problem that they had when the solution is a happy one. Then they tell everybody how great Revzilla is.......and how they handle problem in an exemplary fashion.
I have a feeling that Revzilla will do the right thing.........

Advertisement

DosEquis00

Reputation 220

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 09:54:10 pm »

I agree that it is sloppy craftsmanship when a $350 boot develops that problem in 4 months. Just update the post if there is a resolution.  
Oilhed
MarkF

Reputation 22

Motorcycles: 2009 BMW K1200LT (trunkless)
GPS: Connecticut
Miles Typed: 1873

My Photo Gallery

MarkF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 08:59:29 am »

I agree that it is sloppy craftsmanship when a $350 boot develops that problem in 4 months. Just update the post if there is a resolution.  

I also agree but with a place like revzilla that sells sooo much stuff at different price points how can they warranty everything?
If you don't like it or see poor craftmanship BEFORE you use it they will take it back.  That's pretty good.  After that it's up to the name on the side.

P.S.  I placed an order the other day and usually get in 2-3 days.  This time coming from Calif.!  Never had that happen before.

MarkF

new bike - BMW K1200LT & old bikes - BMW R1150GS, Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Yammie TW200, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Bounce
FJR1300

Reputation 92

GPS: USA
Miles Typed: 1307

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 11:10:55 am »

Bummer.

Next time try TCX X-5 boots. Formerly the Oxtar Matrix boots, people have been using the heck out of them for a long time with across-the-board good results.

https://ridetcxboots.com/products/collection/2018-collection/touring-classic-2018-collection/x-five-evo-gore-tex-3/

FJR-Tips.org

IBA #285
JNUNZMAN

Reputation 9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 05:44:22 pm »

Well it seems that Revzilla took the problem to heart, looked up my buddy's account of purchases with them, and offered him a refund!!! Sometimes the right thing happens but it takes a bit more time than we'd like.
A lot of us on this buy from Revzilla and I'm sure post such as this aren't taken lightly, especially when I sent them a link to it.
Revzilla is in business to make money, we all get that. They also shouldn't have to warranty an issue with a Sidi boot because of poor quality. When you buy a Sidi boot for $350 you are buying quality......or think you're buying quality. Sidi should have stepped up and didn't after Revzilla pointed to them as being the primary warranty. Sidi admitted in emails that they've had issues with those boots in the same area yet still refused to warranty on a 4 month old boot that had no other visible wear. Revzilla expected Sidi to do the right thing and they didn't. They regrouped......dug into the issue..........and decided to eat a pair of boots to make a customer continue buying a lot of product from them. SMART on their part.
Aerostich has also stopped using Sidi on their Combat/Combat lite boots and are currently looking for another supplier.........due to the fact that Sidi no longer uses leather.........which is why my buddies boots were a $350 pair of garbage. I would never buy a pair of Sidi after this.......product is going downhill.
Thank you Revzilla for restoring my faith in you!!! You did the right thing!!! I'll continue to spend my money with you.

DosEquis00

Reputation 220

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 06:09:38 pm »

Great News  Thumbsup and I believe Revzilla should go after Sidi.
slayman

Reputation 16

Motorcycles: 1984 Kawi GPZ 550, 05 ZZR 1200
GPS: Lankaster PA
Miles Typed: 311

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 07:50:16 pm »

Glad the situation got resolved but did they put his review back up? That's the  take away for me in this instance. I rely on the reviews folks post. I know many only post if they have a gripe so online reviews must be taken with a grain of salt but removing negative reviews is totally bad form. I'll now be suspect of any cumulative ratings on their site.
Formerly Known as Bigfoot

Reputation 34

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Yamaha RSV
Miles Typed: 2870

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 06:48:41 am »

Glad the situation got resolved but did they put his review back up? That's the  take away for me in this instance. I rely on the reviews folks post. I know many only post if they have a gripe so online reviews must be taken with a grain of salt but removing negative reviews is totally bad form. I'll now be suspect of any cumulative ratings on their site.

I don't always rely on the reviews as I often feel some are just fake.  But if there are a large number of them you can only hope the majority are legit.  But, if they did take a review off line due to its content that would be enough for me to find another location to make my purchases.  I can't say I've ever used Revzilla but maybe I have.  But I won't in the future unless I hear it was restored.
JNUNZMAN

Reputation 9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 09:55:09 am »

Glad the situation got resolved but did they put his review back up?

Yes, they actually did put his review back up. Also, I honestly believe that emailing Revzilla's customer service department a link to this post had a lot to do with it as well. The $175 that they lost on the transaction becomes exponential if people think twice about spending their money with them and buy from another source, of which there are many. I too depend on reviews and also take them with a grain of salt.......however if an item has 465 4 and 5 star reviews and 20 1 and 2 star ones I believe that we have a solid product. Now if I believe that we are only hearing from the 465 people that like something but there are an unseen 765 people that think a product sucks, that changes the equation for me. Reviews are there for a reason.
But, apparently Revzilla thought better of it and thankfully put up the review of a shitty Sidi boot so nobody else has to spend $75 bucks per month to wear a pair of motorcycle boots.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal