Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: MSTA rides in our area  (Read 5991 times)

Jeremy Z

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: 2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
GPS: North Chicago metro
Miles Typed: 997

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:42:30 am »

Hi All,

I'm planning to go to a few MSTA rallies this year:

Kentucky - July 12-14 (So far, Condor, Ben and I will ride down together)
Corydon, IN - Aug 2-4 (I just booked a double-queen room for this. If someone wants to split it with me, let me know. Your 1/2 will be $48. Not sure if that includes taxes)
LaCrosse, WI - August 9-11 (I'm attending this one with my girlfriend, no room to share this time. Wink )
Bull Shoals, MO - September 6-8 (I booked a cabin. 5 of you are welcome to join me and split the cost)

Anyone want to join me? I see that BJ just joined MSTA; that's a good sign. I had a blast on three of their rallies last year. There was one in NC, just off of the BRP, nice ma 'n pa place overlooking the mountains. One down in Southern IN. and one in West Virginia.

Our "old group" doesn't seem to be doing organized rides any more. I kind of miss them. This seems to be a good replacement, except there's not much in IL or WI.

There's a Chicago guy named John Panek, whom I met last night at a Ride to Eat group in Des Plaines, IL. Interesting guy. He has two Yamaha TDM850s, two SV650s and a VFR. (and a Miata!)

If you're possibly interested in joining that rally in LaCrosse, look up "MSTA TWiSTAR" and "MSTA - Motorcycle Sport Touring Association - Chicago..." in facebook.

If you want to join MSTA, it's pretty reasonable, $40/yr I think. The organizers pick a hotel in the middle of good twisty road regions, mostly in the south. All you have to plan is your route down and back. John is working on getting more rides going in our region. I'll help him as time allows.

I hope to see some of you there.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 01:15:25 pm by Jeremy Z » Logged

-Jeremy
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

HipGnosis
It's Hip to Gno

Reputation 23

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: BMW F800ST(low), St Triple 765 R (low), Ninja 650
GPS: Not sure where I am, but I'm going back to villainy
Miles Typed: 5108

My Photo Gallery

Mercenary doppleganger scout

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 02:33:36 pm »

I'll definitely check them out.
Do they fenaggle discounts for the room rates?

“There's a time for daring and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for.” - Robin Williams as John Keating in 'Dead Poets Society'
kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 90

GPS: NKY
Miles Typed: 1143

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:03:04 pm »

I'll definitely check them out.
Do they fenaggle discounts for the room rates?

Well, we try to!

I’m putting on the rally in Kentucky.  Ramada Inn group rate of 84.95 a night, includes breakfast.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and would taste good with ketchup"
Advertisement

jay547

Reputation 279

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, 2019 Honda CRF450L, 2002 Honda CR250, 1973 Yamaha AT-3
GPS: Northeastern, OK
Miles Typed: 3678

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 08:12:59 pm »

We have a couple friends who always did the one at Theodosia/Bull Shoals.  Maybe we should do it this year?

It's not the fall that hurts, it's when you hit the ground.

"You really are one stupid idiot." ~Tejasbusa - "Thank you, Dr. Dipstick." ~NinjaLady
naustin

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: '16 FJR
GPS: Minnesota
Miles Typed: 1411

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 11:56:40 pm »

I was at the week long MSTA STAR event in LaCrosse last year and had a great time.  Might make it to the TwiStar event this year - not sure yet

Jetpilot5

Reputation 22

Motorcycles: 2022 Ducati Multistrada V4S
GPS: Bloomington, IL
Miles Typed: 1765

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 01:53:11 pm »

Don't know if I'll have the time off but I'm keeping these on my radar. Thanks for the heads up.

Region 4 Meet 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 | CSTN 07 | ST.N National 08, 10, 12 | Region 4 Track Day 09
HipGnosis
It's Hip to Gno

Reputation 23

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: BMW F800ST(low), St Triple 765 R (low), Ninja 650
GPS: Not sure where I am, but I'm going back to villainy
Miles Typed: 5108

My Photo Gallery

Mercenary doppleganger scout

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 05:59:48 pm »

FYI
The MSTA site is:  http://www.ridemsta.com

The La Crosse event in Aug is:
A Just For Fun gathering is not an AMA or MSTA 'sanctioned' event. These are informal gatherings usually with no agenda, no scheduled meetings, and no provided meals. Routes may be provided, but are not required. Just like-minded friends gathering to ride. MSTA membership is not required and they are a great way to introduce non-members to the MSTA while providing an opportunity for them to find out more about the association. No registration fees are charged..
Per  http://www.ridemsta.com/Events/EventDetail.php?11

“There's a time for daring and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for.” - Robin Williams as John Keating in 'Dead Poets Society'
kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 90

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 08:54:54 pm »

FYI
The MSTA site is:  http://www.ridemsta.com

The La Crosse event in Aug is:
A Just For Fun gathering is not an AMA or MSTA 'sanctioned' event. These are informal gatherings usually with no agenda, no scheduled meetings, and no provided meals. Routes may be provided, but are not required. Just like-minded friends gathering to ride. MSTA membership is not required and they are a great way to introduce non-members to the MSTA while providing an opportunity for them to find out more about the association. No registration fees are charged..
Per  http://www.ridemsta.com/Events/EventDetail.php?11

MSTA membership is no longer required to attend any MSTA event, including the few that are still AMA sanctioned.  We are really concentrating on trying to be as open and inviting as we can.  Our purpose as a club is to bring riders together that share a common interest...sport-touring...and try to provide opportunities for all to participate in challenging and enjoyable riding.  We want to provide these opportunities to ALL riders, not just club members.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and would taste good with ketchup"
Jeremy Z

Reputation 14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 11:25:46 am »

We have a couple friends who always did the one at Theodosia/Bull Shoals.  Maybe we should do it this year?

Yes we should. Anyone's welcome to join me and ride down together.

I added another event in my original post: the August 2-4 one in southern IN. "River City Ride". I did this one last year, and it was fun. They all are, except for having to ride through all of IL and/or WI.

All but one of these (Bull Shoals, MO) is a comfortable day's ride. So you would only need to take the Friday off of work.

-Jeremy
jay547

Reputation 279

Motorcycles: 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, 2019 Honda CRF450L, 2002 Honda CR250, 1973 Yamaha AT-3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 11:57:38 am »

I'm actually only about three hours from Bull Shoals. And all good riding to get there.  Razz

"You really are one stupid idiot." ~Tejasbusa - "Thank you, Dr. Dipstick." ~NinjaLady
Jeremy Z

Reputation 14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 12:20:29 pm »

I will update the first post as there are more developments.

Ben and Ron (Condor) are going to ride down to the KY Rally together, so there's at least three of us so far for that one.

-Jeremy
Jeremy Z

Reputation 14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 12:44:10 pm »

I'm actually only about three hours from Bull Shoals. And all good riding to get there.  Razz

Great, see you there. Let's exchange names and phone numbers by PM, so we can meet up, once there!

-Jeremy
jay547

Reputation 279

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 02:41:57 pm »

I'll have to wait until closer to the date, to make sure we can go. But going to try for sure.

Jeremy Z

Reputation 14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 05:13:37 pm »

I just booked a room for the River City Ride, in Corydon, IN. (updated first post)

Anyone want to split it with me and save $48?

It's about 360 miles, the most direct route from 60061. A bit further, from southern WI, obviously. I'm tentatively planning to slab it to just south of Indy, then take more interesting roads the rest of the way.

-Jeremy
Jeremy Z

Reputation 14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 01:18:20 pm »

I just updated the first post.

Reserved a cabin in Bull Shoals, MO. I've got room for 5 of you to join me.

For this one, it's a "Sanctioned Event" so you'd need to join MSTA to attend.

Ben and Ron joined MSTA; saw them at a recent meet-up. That makes four of us. (including BJ and myself)

I'll cancel if it's supposed to be raining or tornadoing most of the time, or if it's supposed to be raining the whole weekend down there, but not otherwise.

Here's more details on the Bull Shoals Rally:

Event Details: [size=78%]http://www.ridemsta.com/Events/EventDetail.php?12[/size]

2019 Event Page: [/size][size=78%]http://www.ozarksbsrally.com/updates_2019.htm[/size]

-Jeremy
kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 90

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 02:37:48 pm »

I just updated the first post.

Reserved a cabin in Bull Shoals, MO. I've got room for 5 of you to join me.

For this one, it's a "Sanctioned Event" so you'd need to join MSTA to attend....

Here's more details on the Bull Shoals Rally:

Event Details: [size=78%]http://www.ridemsta.com/Events/EventDetail.php?12[/size]

2019 Event Page: [/size][size=78%]http://www.ozarksbsrally.com/updates_2019.htm[/size]

Membership in the MSTA is NO LONGER a requirement for attendance at ANY MSTA event.

jay547

Reputation 279

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 09:59:00 pm »

Great, see you there. Let's exchange names and phone numbers by PM, so we can meet up, once there!

Did you make it to this? We ended up riding up to Minnesota to visit my wife's family. It was the only week we could make it work due to other obligations.

Well, I rode - she drove.

Traadope
TraadopeNX

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Traadope
GPS: Syria
Miles Typed: 1

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 01:25:53 pm »

Lets try to get brad to give us our mad repz back, I miss the old xceed when people didnt get so butt hurt and had a pair.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal