Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: No More Sweaty Back This Summer- Motorcycle Jacket Back Armor Airflow Spacers  (Read 31979 times)

Pelirrojo

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: BMW 1200RT
Miles Typed: 3

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2020, 02:55:49 pm »

Being a year round motorcycle commuter in Phoenix, AZ for 8 years, I always had to deal with getting to work with a sweaty back. Two summers ago when I wore a ventilated vest that goes under my bullet proof vest under my motorcycle jacket, I found that my back would be less sweaty. I started wearing that vest on almost every motorcycle ride. Knowing that the material works, I sourced a company to make 3D mesh pads that are sized to fit my Klim jackets’s back armor pocket, but the pads are shaped like most commonly used back armor so should work with most motorcycle jackets. I’ve found these ventilated pads make a huge improvement in hot weather because they allow air to flow between your back and the back armor.

I’ve now got quite a few of these that I had made that I’m putting up for sale. They’ll fit perfect in all Klim jackets and any jacket that uses the standard shaped back armor shaped like the ones Klim uses. I currently use two pads in my Klim Apex jacket for extra airflow in the summer so they can be doubled up without really noticing them when wearing just a T-shirt under the jacket.

This 3D mesh pad installs in your motorcycle jacket’s back armor pocket in front of your back armor. It creates a space between your back and the hard armor which allows air to circulate and reduce chances of having a sweaty back.

Designed to wick moisture away from your body so it can more readily evaporate into the atmosphere. The 6mm 3D mesh provides that little bit of separation you need between you back armor and your back which allows cool, fresh air in to circulate. It allows heat and moisture to more readily escape and is anti-microbial and anti-fungal.

Does NOT absorb or retain moisture. Simply remove from jacket and wash when needed.

I’m selling them on Amazon now https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Jacket-Ventilation-Back-Pad/dp/B088W56YYY/ref=sr_1_27?dchild=1&keywords=motorcycle+air+conditioner&qid=1593219221&sr=8-27

I’ve sold about 300 of these over on Advrider.com under handle "Hikertrash" if you’re looking for reviews on them.  

Spacer next to D3O back armor (Not included)

Spacer shown on top of back armor

Spacer installed in jacket on top of back armor

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 09:02:11 pm by Pelirrojo » Logged

IBA #50489
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Doug Just Doug
Gabba Gabba Huh?

Reputation 19

Years Contributed: '06, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS
GPS: Newark, Delaware
Miles Typed: 1006

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 03:20:35 pm »

I hang out at ADVrider, and lots of rave reviews over there.   Thumbsup
Pelirrojo

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 09:14:40 pm »

Thank you, Doug.

IBA #50489
Advertisement

Pelirrojo

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 01:29:42 pm »

Now until Christmas there will be a 30% off coupon when purchased through the Amazon link above.

IBA #50489
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal