Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: How Harley Davidson has killed itself  (Read 805 times)

Baz

Reputation 22

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9029

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2020, 03:29:50 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwxxsPaogY
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

birdrunner

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4851

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 07:09:50 pm »

I knew about the "Lifestyle"  bullshit,    but the video educated me on the stock manipulation.

Also,  I love how the Trump tariff's on steel and aluminums imports backfired and merely drove export production elsewhere.

(remember that "Trade Wars are easy"  remark ....   OOPS  )

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
Baz

Reputation 22

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9029

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 03:25:54 pm »

They actually did a story regarding aluminum tariffs on CTV news a while back.

So they highlighted a manufacturer in Florida who makes those aluminum pontoon boats. His largest customer is Ontario who used to buy these things like they were going out of style.  He bought the Aluminum out of Canada which was their nearest supplier of the raw aluminum required. There is no US aluminum supplier that makes the raw aluminum he uses as most of the US aluminum market is geared toward manufacturing the final product.  

So Trump's Tariffs which anyone with a brain knows that the country in question "Canada" does not pay these tariffs.  They are passed down the line to the final cost of the product which really the customer pays for. (meaning you & I)

Well, Trump's aluminum tariffs drove the price of his rather expensive pontoon boats up about $8,000.00 USD. Before the Tariffs the manufacturer claims, was sort of the maximum price he could get for one of his boats. Any more, and his customer base realized that they really could get by without a party boat as the dollars involved would give the buyer many other options for a toy purchase. The result was his business collapsed as the tariffs drove the price of his boats higher than anyone would pay. His market in Canada went  from a booming business to almost zero. In fact, the owner does not feel he will be around much longer. At the point the TV story was done, he had laid off a large portion of his staff.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal