Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Just Checking In  (Read 420 times)

zebraranger

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: 2016 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 SE, 13 Triumph Trophy SE
GPS: Florida
Miles Typed: 56

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2020, 01:17:09 pm »

Hello Everyone, I haven't posted here in a while and wanted to check in. Glad to see you all keeping sport touring alive and well.  Hope everyone is doing okay, anything new, anyone recently get a new bike? Only thing new for me is that I recently purchased a new 2020 Can Am Ryker Rally, and its been a pure blast. Everybody ride like a winner and stay safe.

2016 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 8V SE, 2013 Triumph Bonneville, 2013 Triumph Trophy SE, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

slvrsprint

Reputation 29

Motorcycles: '13 Tiger 800
GPS: Endicott, NY
Miles Typed: 386

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 03:09:09 pm »

That Ryker looks like it would be a lot of fun.  I tried to interest my wife in one but she has no interest.  Now she wants a Miata.  

My only sport touring is now on a Tiger.  Mostly sport. Haven't toured in forever.  

Maybe next year.

IBA #8027
zebraranger

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 03:34:28 pm »

Same here, I dont really tour anymore, but I do take a once a year trip from Florida to North Carolina & Tennessee for some of the best mountain riding roads in the country. The Tiger is a great bike, I really like the 900 more so than the 1200. Never owned a Tiger, but I have owned the last generation 2013 Triumph Trophy SE, Bonneville, Sprint ST, and the Thunderbird. The Ryker Rally Edition is very different than any of my two wheeler experiences. I have no plans on getting rid of them because I still enjoy two wheeling immensely. After many years on traditional bikes, I was just looking for a different riding experience and this was it.

2016 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 8V SE, 2013 Triumph Bonneville, 2013 Triumph Trophy SE, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird
Advertisement

rajflyboy

Reputation 373

Motorcycles: BMW
Miles Typed: 1823

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 04:59:04 pm »

Do they make a 2 up Ryker ?

"The Dream is free The Hustle is sold separately”
zebraranger

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 06:14:24 pm »

Do they make a 2 up Ryker ?

Yes, they can carry a passenger. Everything on that rear section of the bike is totally modular once the Max Rack is installed, its that piece in the first photo. Once that accessory is bolted to the bike, You just have to remove the quick release luggage and quick release plate thats attached to it, then attach the quick release passenger seat and back rest at the same attachment points, fold out foot pegs are already in place as an accessory. They make all kinds of quick attach/release accessories for that rear area, from different luggage configurations, different sizes of top cases, tool & fishing rod holders, even a quick release hard side thermal cooler. There are other after market manufacturers also making accessories, the Ryker only came out last year so the aftermarket MFG are slowly appearing.

The handlebars are also modular, just a flip of a lever and you can slide the handlebars forward or backwards 4" or 5", flip the lever down and they lock in place. Same with the foot pegs and brake pedal, flip them up and they slide forward as much as feet forward like riding a Harley, or slide them back as much as riding a Bonneville or Adventure bike, or place anywhere in between, flip the pegs back down and they lock in place. Our two wheel bike manufacturers could learn from this technology and save us a ton of money with us making our bikes our own with after market accessories to achieve the same thing.

It has ABS, switchable traction control with 4 riding modes and a Vehicle Stability System (VSS) controlling all three systems keeping you from flipping the thing. How much it controls or not controls depends on what riding mode you have it in. They come in three models. Ryker 600cc, Ryker 900cc, and the top of the line Ryker Rally. They are priced as $8888, $10,000, & $11,500 for the Rally Edition. In my opinion very reasonable and you get a lot of machine for the money.

The Rally is the best deal because you get a $1700 upgraded fully adjustable suspension with 1" additional ground clearance, larger premium tires, Reinforced premium rims, rock guard & skid plate underneath, aluminum hand guards, liquid metal body accents, and the Max Rack already bolted to the back. This is why I went with the Rally Edition over the regular Ryker 900. I got it for $12,500 out the door and that included $1000 dollars worth of hard negotiating accessories. So I got the quick release plate, adjustable windshield, and two different sizes of top cases.

rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 06:21:15 pm »

Thanks for the tutorial 👍. Awesome

jay547

Reputation 258

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, 2019 Honda CRF450L, 2002 Honda CR250, 1973 Yamaha AT-3
GPS: Northeastern, OK
Miles Typed: 3070

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 08:22:21 pm »

Very nice ride. My wife has been having some physical problems that have left her mostly unable to ride. She has since sold her Ninja and her dirt bike. We have been casually shopping for a Spyder as a replacement. But she wants one with all the bags.

It's not the fall that hurts, it's when you hit the ground.
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 08:30:02 pm »

Very nice ride. My wife has been having some physical problems that have left her mostly unable to ride. She has since sold her Ninja and her dirt bike. We have been casually shopping for a Spyder as a replacement. But she wants one with all the bags.

Sorry to hear this.  At least there are some nice alternatives for riding now a days.  Bags ???   Oh no.. Hopefully not the ones ...  that are ..  Lol Lol  meals on wheels?   ..jk  Lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal