Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Kawasaki Motorcycle Spin Off?  (Read 520 times)

Indefatigable One

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki NK1
Miles Typed: 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2020, 07:08:39 am »

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2020/11/03/motorcycle-news/kawasaki-motor-corp-usa-speaks-about-the-spin-off/

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2020/11/02/manufacturers/kawasaki/kawasaki-will-spin-off-its-motorcycle-division/
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

zebraranger

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: 2017 Versys X-300, 2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Edition
GPS: Florida
Miles Typed: 70

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 09:33:39 am »

I didn't see that coming.

2017 Versys X-300, 2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Edition
Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 252

Motorcycles: 2012 FJR1300
GPS: Rio Rancho, NM
Miles Typed: 2440

My Photo Gallery

Blue motorcycles are fastest

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 08:06:27 am »

These guys would tell me it is sunny when I'm standing in the rain and getting soaked.

I think they are spinning off the motorcycle division due to financial reasons. Writing that during Coronavirus everything is fine is a story I don't buy. Whatever, I hope they truly don't change how it goes for us here in the US.

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit
Advertisement

Baz

Reputation 22

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9033

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 03:06:26 pm »

I the world of big business, when sell offs occur it is usually the ugly step sister that gets put up for sale. I would imagine that Kawasaki Motorcycles is a very small bit of the Kawasaki world.

I have been in similar scenarios, and suggest that Kawasaki could become more successful with a new owner. I have also seen similar circumstances backfire, so keep your fingers crossed.

I am pretty sure all they will get is a firesale price.

Going to be very interesting how the motorcycle world will do in the next couple of years due to covid. When financial times are bad, toys are the 1st to go, and the last to be replaced. With all the folks in the world that have taken financial hits due to the virus, there is no doubt consumer spending will drop.

To put things in perspective all it takes to put the US economy into a recession is for consumer spending to drop 3%. I am sure covid drained lots of spending money for many people.

Biking Sailor

Reputation 61

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: A Griso, an FJR, an R1200GS, a WR and my wife's FJ09 (she looks good riding it!)
GPS: Edmond, OK
Miles Typed: 901

My Photo Gallery

Fast and smooth, or you will be caught!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 03:50:46 pm »

From my perspective, it seems there have been a significant portion of the population that have come through this covid crisis better off financially than would have been the case without it. With the stimulus checks and upper unemployment, there were lots that banked more money than if they had been working and the shutdown caused them to spend a lot less than normal. Then I go to the Yamaha shops and they can't get enough T700's and side by sides to keep them in stock.

I'm not saying many, many people are not hurting, but there is a big divergence in who is and who isn't.

"Your Guzzi isn't here to do your bidding, you're here to do her bidding."  -- Orson
"when you're riding a Guzzi you know you're riding a MOTORBIKE and not some sits-down-to-pee hairdryer with a wheel at each end." -- Pete
Baz

Reputation 22

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9033

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 06:47:24 pm »

From my perspective, it seems there have been a significant portion of the population that have come through this covid crisis better off financially than would have been the case without it. With the stimulus checks and upper unemployment, there were lots that banked more money than if they had been working and the shutdown caused them to spend a lot less than normal. Then I go to the Yamaha shops and they can't get enough T700's and side by sides to keep them in stock.

I'm not saying many, many people are not hurting, but there is a big divergence in who is and who isn't.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have friends who have written things off as "meh" but I probably know more that have dipped into their retirement money just to keep up with the mortgage payments, and are slipping towards that "I might loose my house" nightmare.
zebraranger

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: 2017 Versys X-300, 2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Edition
GPS: Florida
Miles Typed: 70

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 10:29:33 pm »

Thats it exactly, periodic factory shut downs. Motorcycle sales have been strong this year, but many manufacturers have been having periodic shut downs over the year due to Covid breakouts, and its been killing production and availability of product. Its been the same with boat and ATV manufacturers. For instance, Bass Pro Shops hasn't had a Jon Boat in stock for the last 6 months, and thats their number one selling boat. They cant get some of their more popular larger boats either, like the Tahoe boats and the Mako center console boats, all due to manufacturing facility shut downs. Same with Cabelas.

The man that owns BPS and Cabelas (Johnny Morris), also owns all five of the boat manufacturers that they sell. So if they cant get product, every other industry that manufactures product are all experiencing the same thing. All these items have become in demand for social distancing reasons (motorcycle, boats, ATV's and RV's/campers). People are using these items to get outdoor and away from the crowds. Whats kind of funny though is that a high percentage are heading to the national parks with their new toys to get away from people, and the national parks have been packed with people.

2017 Versys X-300, 2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Edition
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal