Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: SFV650 New here - looking for touring ideas  (Read 530 times)

LOKITO

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: SFV650
Miles Typed: 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2020, 05:15:05 pm »

New here, hello everyone...

Just got a used 2013 SFV650 and took her on a 1200 miles round trip.

I was amazed at how comfy the stock seat was and how good the ride was overall...

The only complaints was the lack of windshield and lack of storage so I am trying to fix that now.

Looking for a good windscreen and a rear truck and mount.

Any ideas / recommendations ?

It used to be at one time that there was a lot of stuff available online to customize motorcycles, these days ebay/amazon hardly has anything.

Where is people getting the gear these days ?

Am looking for the best deal available to make this bike a bit more of a sport touring.

Thanks.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

02Tac
just plugging along

Reputation 51

Miles Typed: 3372

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 04:39:12 pm »

https://twistedthrottle.com/?swoof=1&year_id=20228&make=20791&model=21559&post_type=product&action=vpf-ymm-search&product_cat=luggage-racks-accessories

https://twistedthrottle.com/?swoof=1&year_id=20228&make=20791&model=21559&post_type=product&action=vpf-ymm-search&product_cat=windshields-accessories

Was actually  consider a new ( in 2018 ) SV650 to replace my aging Bandit 1200 before I stumbled across a used Bandit 1250 for a price I could not pass up. That is, until I test rode one. Greyt handing and lovely engine but the seat was utter crap; for me. I cut my ride short, it was that bad. The salesman tells me that he can get me a better seat for it and then could not find one available. Problem now is that the only ones I can find still put that silly arse racer tilt in the seat.

The road is NOT your personal race track - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VruWHHEnZGw

If you could ride 1/2 as good as you think you do, you would be a pro.
kver

Reputation 61

Motorcycles: sv650s, Sprint ST, zx10r - got a twin, a triple and I4 - I need a thumper
Miles Typed: 258

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 04:12:20 pm »

New here, hello everyone...

Just got a used 2013 SFV650 and took her on a 1200 miles round trip.

I was amazed at how comfy the stock seat was and how good the ride was overall...

The only complaints was the lack of windshield and lack of storage so I am trying to fix that now.

Looking for a good windscreen and a rear truck and mount.

Any ideas / recommendations ?

It used to be at one time that there was a lot of stuff available online to customize motorcycles, these days ebay/amazon hardly has anything.

Where is people getting the gear these days ?

Am looking for the best deal available to make this bike a bit more of a sport touring.

Thanks.

rear mounts for cases -- sw-motech all the way...   I have a fully-faired sv650s -- so I can't give recommendations on the windscreen.

I've also had a center stand on that bike on occasion --   great for touring ...  not so much for peg-scraping WVa rides...     Heavily loaded bikes in muddy gravel parking lots on windy days are soooo much more secure with a center stand...   Sad
Advertisement

Biking Sailor

Reputation 64

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: A Griso, an FJR, an R1200GS, a WR and my wife's FJ09 (she looks good riding it!)
GPS: Edmond, OK
Miles Typed: 976

My Photo Gallery

Fast and smooth, or you will be caught!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 04:48:04 pm »

I had a National Cycle F-15 windscreen on my first gen naked SV 650. Worked pretty well taking the wind blast of my torso when at speed.

"Your Guzzi isn't here to do your bidding, you're here to do her bidding."  -- Orson
"when you're riding a Guzzi you know you're riding a MOTORBIKE and not some sits-down-to-pee hairdryer with a wheel at each end." -- Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal