Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: There is something I like about this new bike  (Read 726 times)

rajflyboy

Reputation 373

Motorcycles: BMW
Miles Typed: 1899

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2020, 07:47:53 pm »

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2020/11/royal-enfield-meteor-a-new-350-single-debuts/

I enjoy small bikes for around town goofin off.  There is something about this bike that I like.

"The Dream is free The Hustle is sold separately”
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 252

Motorcycles: 2012 FJR1300
GPS: Rio Rancho, NM
Miles Typed: 2440

My Photo Gallery

Blue motorcycles are fastest

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 09:01:18 pm »

It's a good looking little bike.

If I had your money I would like it as much as you. Let's see here, I need a little bike for buzzing around, then I need a yellow bike 'cause I like yellow, and then I need the Gold Wing for traveling, etc.........

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit
Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 252

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 10:41:14 am »

Don't get mad at me FlyBoy I'm just having fun!

Bigok

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit
Advertisement

Baz

Reputation 22

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9033

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 01:24:08 pm »

I owned a 500 cc version of the Royal Enfield line.

I will give you a very brief ride report here.

I was given the bike by its owner who smiled and said have fun as I loaded it into a friends truck. (I should have suspected something) While I had my motorcycle license at the time (I was 14) I couldn't street ride anything more than 100 cc so this bike was destined for the trails around where I lived.

The R.E. loved to kick back when jumping on the kick starter. So bad in fact, that about 20 years after owning the bike my doctor found out I had several old fractures on my right ankle & could relate it to those painful kicking sessions I had with that bike due to its electrical gremlins. I swear I kicked & pushed that bike more than I rode it. It would just die for no reason and after hours of kicking it would eventually come back to life.

The last straw occured when I jumped on the throttle down my parents back alley which was 3 blocks long. Anyway, I cracked open the throttle which took me away with velocity of a roto tiller however, it stuck wide open. As this bike was not equipped with any necessities like a kill switch, I reached down an yanked off the plug wire which sent an electrical shock through my system until the bike eventually stopped at which time I was laying underneath it suffering from post electrocution spasms.

I pushed the bike back home where it lingered for a year or two until I found a very nice 16 year old with a hundred bucks who was going to restore said death machine into a "classic".

As he loaded it into a truck I smiled and said......"Have fun with that".

Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 252

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 02:36:44 pm »

That's a great story.

When I was squirt I thought about a 441 BSA.

* I couldn't start it
 * It shifted on the right so that didn't work with me
 * It had a four speed
 * And it was as fast as a, what did you say?, roto tiller?

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 78

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15163

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 02:39:00 pm »

Lol

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
jay547

Reputation 259

Motorcycles: 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, 2019 Honda CRF450L, 2002 Honda CR250, 1973 Yamaha AT-3
GPS: Northeastern, OK
Miles Typed: 3110

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 07:31:49 pm »

I was given the bike by its owner who smiled and said have fun as I loaded it into a friends truck. (I should have suspected something) While I had my motorcycle license at the time (I was 14) I couldn't street ride anything more than 100 cc so this bike was destined for the trails around where I lived.

The R.E. loved to kick back when jumping on the kick starter. So bad in fact, that about 20 years after owning the bike my doctor found out I had several old fractures on my right ankle & could relate it to those painful kicking sessions I had with that bike due to its electrical gremlins. I swear I kicked & pushed that bike more than I rode it. It would just die for no reason and after hours of kicking it would eventually come back to life.

The last straw occured when I jumped on the throttle down my parents back alley which was 3 blocks long. Anyway, I cracked open the throttle which took me away with velocity of a roto tiller however, it stuck wide open. As this bike was not equipped with any necessities like a kill switch, I reached down an yanked off the plug wire which sent an electrical shock through my system until the bike eventually stopped at which time I was laying underneath it suffering from post electrocution spasms.

I pushed the bike back home where it lingered for a year or two until I found a very nice 16 year old with a hundred bucks who was going to restore said death machine into a "classic".

Do you have a pic of it? This would be perfect for the "One Picture, One Story" thread.

It's not the fall that hurts, it's when you hit the ground.
Biking Sailor

Reputation 61

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: A Griso, an FJR, an R1200GS, a WR and my wife's FJ09 (she looks good riding it!)
GPS: Edmond, OK
Miles Typed: 901

My Photo Gallery

Fast and smooth, or you will be caught!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 07:45:17 am »

I met an old guy in Southern Arkansas several years ago at a lunch stop. I was traveling East with my wife and he was traveling West with two other riders, both on old Goldwings. He was riding an old 70's model RE. We had parked our Guzzi's next to their bikes and of course a conversation was struck. He had over 100,000 miles on the RE, they were traveling from Memphis, TN to Big Bend, TX. and beyond as the mood struck them. He said he had to add oil every gas stop, and his buddies carried spare parts for him. On his last trip, he said the bike blew a head gasket that he replaced with one made from roof flashing he bought at a home store, still there. I can't remember all the homemade repairs and farkles he had on that bike, but there were many. My wife was amazed with his stories of roadside repairs, as was I only a little bit. Because I know a bunch of old guys that ride old Guzzi Californias with tons of miles.

"Your Guzzi isn't here to do your bidding, you're here to do her bidding."  -- Orson
"when you're riding a Guzzi you know you're riding a MOTORBIKE and not some sits-down-to-pee hairdryer with a wheel at each end." -- Pete
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 12:21:24 pm »

A lot of dudes here that think they got big penus’s

Lol

Baz

Reputation 22

Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9033

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 02:30:28 pm »

Do you have a pic of it? This would be perfect for the "One Picture, One Story" thread.

Embarassment A little disclaimer here. I owned this bike at the time they were still developing colour film. This is one of two bike I have ever owned with not having a photo of. The other was a 100 cc suzuki.

I did find a similar example of my old ride. on the net. Mine was in a bit better shape than this one only imagine it in a very faded olive green.

rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 02:31:07 pm »

Awesome

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal