Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Sport touring is Dead  (Read 2714 times)

rajflyboy

Reputation 373

Motorcycles: BMW
Miles Typed: 1983

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2021, 05:30:57 pm »

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2020/12/bmw-executive-indicates-sport-tourers-are-being-replaced-by-adventure-bikes-with-17-front-wheels/

I say hogwash on this.   People still want bikes with some Ass.   Heck you need some ass to hang those meals on wheels boxes  Bigsmile

"The Dream is free The Hustle is sold separately”
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Biking Sailor

Reputation 62

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: A Griso, an FJR, an R1200GS, a WR and my wife's FJ09 (she looks good riding it!)
GPS: Edmond, OK
Miles Typed: 947

My Photo Gallery

Fast and smooth, or you will be caught!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 05:53:28 pm »

My 6 year old FJ09 is what he is describing. BMW half a decade behind Yamaha?

So, ya got me reading and remembering. Way before the FJ09, and even the Ducti Multistrada, Yamaha came out in the early 1990's with the TDM 850. Was this the first of the subject bread?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_TDM850
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 06:34:55 pm by Biking Sailor » Logged

"Your Guzzi isn't here to do your bidding, you're here to do her bidding."  -- Orson
"when you're riding a Guzzi you know you're riding a MOTORBIKE and not some sits-down-to-pee hairdryer with a wheel at each end." -- Pete
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 07:03:28 pm »

Adventure touring.  I will leave that up to you folks out west.  

Advertisement

FJRider
Developing ADV addict

Reputation 1750

Motorcycles: 2020 BMW R1250GS
GPS: Drifting through the Driftless
Miles Typed: 614

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 11:59:00 pm »

I hate to break it to you but my GS is a superior sport touring ride than my FJR ever was. I really hate to admit this but it is true. It is more comfortable, handles better, seamless integration of GPS and phone, is just about as quick (more torque) and it is not a sphincter tightening experience on dirt/gravel roads. I can hang bigger cases on it and is not a handful at low speeds. True the weather protection is not quite as good but that's what Gore-Tex is for. It just a more comfortable place to sit than the FJR. The only concern I have is reliability. We'll see. With that being said I am looking forward to this summer's cross country/BDR ride. The really nice thing about the Boxer is its torque and compression braking. You can tool down a curvy road and not really have to brake or change gears much.

Sport touring is not dead. It's just taken a turn off road for a while.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 12:03:13 am by FJRider » Logged
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 05:04:18 am »

GS has some ass to it.  Yes it does  Lol

Biking Sailor

Reputation 62

Motorcycles: A Griso, an FJR, an R1200GS, a WR and my wife's FJ09 (she looks good riding it!)

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 07:28:37 am »

I hate to break it to you but my GS is a superior sport touring ride than my FJR ever was. I really hate to admit this but it is true. It is more comfortable, handles better, seamless integration of GPS and phone, is just about as quick (more torque) and it is not a sphincter tightening experience on dirt/gravel roads. I can hang bigger cases on it and is not a handful at low speeds. True the weather protection is not quite as good but that's what Gore-Tex is for. It just a more comfortable place to sit than the FJR. The only concern I have is reliability. We'll see. With that being said I am looking forward to this summer's cross country/BDR ride. The really nice thing about the Boxer is its torque and compression braking. You can tool down a curvy road and not really have to brake or change gears much.

Sport touring is not dead. It's just taken a turn off road for a while.

Having both an R1200GS and an FJR, I concur with you assessment that a GS can do twisty roads well while also able to cover long distances in comfort, just like the FJR.

"Your Guzzi isn't here to do your bidding, you're here to do her bidding."  -- Orson
"when you're riding a Guzzi you know you're riding a MOTORBIKE and not some sits-down-to-pee hairdryer with a wheel at each end." -- Pete
dougleo

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 01:59:46 pm »

GS has some ass to it.  Yes it does  Lol

Hondo has spoken, close the thread.
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 03:53:20 pm »

GS has more room for bags

It’s got more ass.   Bigsmile

Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 254

Motorcycles: 2012 FJR1300
GPS: Rio Rancho, NM
Miles Typed: 2554

My Photo Gallery

Blue motorcycles are fastest

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2021, 04:46:37 pm »

i like all motorcycles.

BUT, this is a SPORT-TOURING site. My bikes are for "do all" purposes. Street related!!

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit, '17 KTM SD GT
FJRider
Developing ADV addict

Reputation 1750

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2021, 07:29:55 pm »

i like all motorcycles.

BUT, this is a SPORT-TOURING site. My bikes are for "do all" purposes. Street related!!

Today you can now have both worlds.
kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 89

GPS: NKY
Miles Typed: 1121

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2021, 08:08:35 am »

“Sport-touring” does not rely on the BIKE.  It’s not about what BIKE you are riding.  It’s about HOW YOU RIDE it.

Just because someone rides an “adventure” bike, that doesn’t mean they can’t “sport-tour”.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and would taste good with ketchup"
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 09:51:35 am »

I never can understand this wanting to pile a bunch of shit on the back of your bike and go ride.   Travel light and enjoy the riding is my motto.  

Biking Sailor

Reputation 62

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 11:49:48 am »

I never can understand this wanting to pile a bunch of shit on the back of your bike and go ride.   Travel light and enjoy the riding is my motto.  

Playing devil's advocate... if you do some of the traveling I do, all 4 seasons on the same trip, camping, hotels, hiking, dining out, etc... you have to carry some stuff. And as much as I like soft packs on my bikes, secure lockable storage is piece of mind when away from the bikes.

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 78

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15190

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2021, 01:10:02 pm »

Day ride? Sure, I can understand that.

Two weeks across 11 countries and every type of weather along the way, as well as off-the-bike clothes for evening and non-bike days? Those bags come in handy  Thumbsup

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
birdrunner

Reputation 18

Motorcycles: CBR1100xx, XR650L
GPS: Edmonton
Miles Typed: 4856

My Photo Gallery

I am firm in my indecision.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 02:10:10 pm »

Two weeks across 11 countries and every type of weather along the way, as well as off-the-bike clothes for evening and non-bike days? Those bags come in handy  Thumbsup

The sheriff has spoken.

and    add a spouse who doesn't want to ride her own,  and some camping equipment and next thing you know,  you've got a trailer being pulled by a CBR1100xx.    I've still railed through the corners to the point I had a solo riding buddy ask me to slow down  ...  just a bit.    Yeah sure  LOL

I could eat a bowl of Alpha Bits and shit a better argument than that.
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 78

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 02:38:04 pm »

The sheriff has spoken.

BTW, I am sad that I lost that badge. It was such a cool thing - thanks for getting it!

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 08:14:38 pm »

Well

If you have the cash you just buy stuff on the go and dispose of it when you move on   Use washing machines when possible. Wash in sink using camp suds.  Lighten the load.  Yes it is living a bit more dangerously but you are on a freakin motorcycle.  

FJRider
Developing ADV addict

Reputation 1750

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2021, 08:31:41 pm »

She is correct. You need to carry everything you need you might encounter on your trip. But like her, I assume, you plan stops with have laundry facilities so you can economize on clothing.

For example when me and my riding buddies are planning out moto-camping trip through Moab/Canyondlands we pick a campground with laundry facilities. It only make sense unless you want to walk to town for dinner smelling like a ripe Frenchman.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 08:35:18 pm by FJRider » Logged
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 78

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2021, 02:00:09 am »

If you have the cash you just buy stuff on the go and dispose of it when you move on    

It isn't a matter of money. But who in their right mind goes out and buys (for example) hiking boots while on a trip, uses them once, and then "disposes" of them? What  a wasteful and uneducated approach to life  

Member since 2003
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 01:05:21 pm »

It isn't a matter of money. But who in their right mind goes out and buys (for example) hiking boots while on a trip, uses them once, and then "disposes" of them? What  a wasteful and uneducated approach to life  

If you got the cash. (Enjoy it). Capitalism is great.  

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 78

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 01:07:54 pm »

If you got the cash. (Enjoy it). Capitalism is great.  

What you're suggesting is the equivalent of just buying a new motorcycle because the tires are worn  Lol

Member since 2003
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 01:42:17 pm »

What you're suggesting is the equivalent of just buying a new motorcycle because the tires are worn  Lol

Meals on Wheels do get eaten.   Lol

Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 254

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 09:05:23 am »

FlyBoy! You been drinking?

Your posts sound like some spoiled trust baby. Some of us here enjoy the adventure. I think FJRider will probably agree with me here in that sitting around the camp fire at night and sharing stories with your friends about the day's ride ain't gonna happen in a Wally World looking for clothes!!!

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit, '17 KTM SD GT
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2021, 05:58:01 pm »

FlyBoy! You been drinking?

Your posts sound like some spoiled trust baby. Some of us here enjoy the adventure. I think FJRider will probably agree with me here in that sitting around the camp fire at night and sharing stories with your friends about the day's ride ain't gonna happen in a Wally World looking for clothes!!!

The most Important question = how long are you willing to wear one pair of underwear ?

02Tac
just plugging along

Reputation 51

Miles Typed: 3368

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 07:13:20 pm »

Luggage / storage capability makes my bikes more versatile; even for everyday riding. I run top cases on my bikes all the time and the panniers on the Bandit as needed. My bikes would not be suitable for commuting duties were it not for the luggage.

As to “buy as you go”; pure silliness, for most people, outside of expendables.

The road is NOT your personal race track - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VruWHHEnZGw

If you could ride 1/2 as good as you think you do, you would be a pro.
stevent
Aging Cafe` Racer

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: '10 K1300GT
GPS: near Tacoma, Wa.
Miles Typed: 1693

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2021, 07:14:53 pm »

The most Important question = how long are you willing to wear one pair of underwear ?

I believe 4 days is the accepted limit, front and back, then inside out front and back. Alternately you could just do a better job of wiping your ass.

Carpe` Throttleum - Loud Suits Save Lives -

"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"
Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 254

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2021, 08:18:16 pm »

When I was much younger we would strap on a sleeping bag, some clothes and go motorcycle riding. That is what it was called. Motorcycle riding. We did it in the summer time and used the lake to take a bath. Windshield? No. Side bags? No need. Ride over 1,500 miles during the trip? No way.

We sport tour now. Our bikes have much greater performance potential than in the past. We can ride mostly twelve months now with the comfort amenities built into modern bikes. We sport ride with the ability to set up camp in a KOA/other that has LAUNDRY facilities, showers, etc. I have ridden over a week and packed everything I need and got home feeling fine.

I have sport ridden with expert level guys and toured with Vtwin 70mph guys. My FJR1300 can do both in the same day so that is what I call sport-touring when I am on the road overnight. Can I do that on a 500cc putt, putt? Can I do that on a 900 lb 1800 Vtwin? In my opinion NOPE!

rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2021, 09:22:21 pm »

When I was much younger we would strap on a sleeping bag, some clothes and go motorcycle riding. That is what it was called. Motorcycle riding. We did it in the summer time and used the lake to take a bath. Windshield? No. Side bags? No need. Ride over 1,500 miles during the trip? No way.

We sport tour now. Our bikes have much greater performance potential than in the past. We can ride mostly twelve months now with the comfort amenities built into modern bikes. We sport ride with the ability to set up camp in a KOA/other that has LAUNDRY facilities, showers, etc. I have ridden over a week and packed everything I need and got home feeling fine.

I have sport ridden with expert level guys and toured with Vtwin 70mph guys. My FJR1300 can do both in the same day so that is what I call sport-touring when I am on the road overnight. Can I do that on a 500cc putt, putt? Can I do that on a 900 lb 1800 Vtwin? In my opinion NOPE!

Good explanation.  With age ...  comes the cage.   Lol  

kver

Reputation 60

Motorcycles: sv650s, Sprint ST, zx10r - got a twin, a triple and I4 - I need a thumper
Miles Typed: 237

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2021, 10:29:50 pm »

Riding 2-up is what made me get a sport-tourer.  I was perfectly OK with the sportbikes for day trips and multi-day trips in the summer.  Like you I strapped on a duffel on the pillion, brought a hammock with mosquito net, a camelback for hydration and ate fast food along the way.  Easy-peasy and if I suffered a bit or smelled a lot - I didn't care...  

One day my gf asked to go on an overnighter and stay in a hotel...  suddenly we needed a comfortable ride, much more storage capacity, etc....  I might get her to do the motorcycle camping thing one day  -- but so far we've stuck to nicer hotels or cute cabins on the road -- I get to ride and have company, I'm not messing that up by forcing her to rough it.    
Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 254

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2021, 08:43:29 am »

Riding 2-up is what made me get a sport-tourer.  I was perfectly OK with the sportbikes for day trips and multi-day trips in the summer.  Like you I strapped on a duffel on the pillion, brought a hammock with mosquito net, a camelback for hydration and ate fast food along the way.  Easy-peasy and if I suffered a bit or smelled a lot - I didn't care...  

One day my gf asked to go on an overnighter and stay in a hotel...  suddenly we needed a comfortable ride, much more storage capacity, etc....  I might get her to do the motorcycle camping thing one day  -- but so far we've stuck to nicer hotels or cute cabins on the road -- I get to ride and have company, I'm not messing that up by forcing her to rough it.    

Yep. My wife in the early 2000s wanted to go overnight with me so along came the 1st 2005 FJR1300!

rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2021, 08:56:35 am »

KVER riding 2up

For some reason I don’t picture that

kver

Reputation 60

Motorcycles: sv650s, Sprint ST, zx10r - got a twin, a triple and I4 - I need a thumper

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2021, 09:11:19 am »

KVER riding 2up

For some reason I don’t picture that

Girlfriends have wanted to ride pillion since HS...   the difference is between a 1 hour ride vs a multiday ride.  
Most pillions will do an hour or two on anything and suffer as needed - but not more.  I'll do multi-day on anything and suffer as needed -- pillions will not.  Though as I get older the sports bikes see less use...    
kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 89

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2021, 07:29:14 pm »

I did 19 days in England with sidebars and a top box.  I’ve done several 4-5 day trips with just some soft bags.  I’ve camped 3-4 days with a tent and sleeping bag strapped on the rack and clothes in a couple of side cases.  I’ve also driven and towed the bike when my wife wanted to come along, or ridden and had her drive and carry the luggage.  There’s no one way that is right for every occasion.  Nor does doing it one way make anyone better than someone doing it a different way, or not as good as someone else.  You do you.  I’ll do me.  

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and would taste good with ketchup"
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2021, 08:58:21 pm »

I did 19 days in England with sidebars and a top box.  I’ve done several 4-5 day trips with just some soft bags.  I’ve camped 3-4 days with a tent and sleeping bag strapped on the rack and clothes in a couple of side cases.  I’ve also driven and towed the bike when my wife wanted to come along, or ridden and had her drive and carry the luggage.  There’s no one way that is right for every occasion.  Nor does doing it one way make anyone better than someone doing it a different way, or not as good as someone else.  You do you.  I’ll do me.  

This  Bigok

You win the prize for exactly how motorcycle touring should go  Thumbsup

kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 89

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2021, 09:54:06 am »

This  Bigok

You win the prize for exactly how motorcycle touring should go  Thumbsup

See...THAT’S the problem.  There is NO “exactly”.  Just as there is NO “wrong” way.  

Stop trying to define it, analyze it, or pigeonhole it.  Just enjoy it any way you like.

Biking Sailor

Reputation 62

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2021, 11:18:21 am »

See...THAT’S the problem.  There is NO “exactly”.  Just as there is NO “wrong” way.  

Stop trying to define it, analyze it, or pigeonhole it.  Just enjoy it any way you like.

Exactly! (pun intended).

I can sport tour on my GS, FJR, FJ09 or Griso, all equally well. They have different luggage methods, from full hard cases to just a little luggage rack behind the passenger seat. And I have camped off all of them.

kver

Reputation 60

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2021, 04:14:00 pm »

Exactly! (pun intended).

I can sport tour on my GS, FJR, FJ09 or Griso, all equally well. They have different luggage methods, from full hard cases to just a little luggage rack behind the passenger seat. And I have camped off all of them.

Ironically -- I've never camped out using my sport-tourer ---  I have using sportbikes and dirt-bikes.   The sport-touring bike was bought for 2-up use and hotel stays.    
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2021, 05:18:10 pm »

Ironically -- I've never camped out using my sport-tourer ---  I have using sportbikes and dirt-bikes.   The sport-touring bike was bought for 2-up use and hotel stays.    

For Amen or awomen ? Lol
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 06:57:28 pm by rajflyboy » Logged

kver

Reputation 60

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2021, 05:40:32 pm »

For Aman  or awomen ? Lol

If that your idea of making a pass at me --- I don't swing that way ----  not that there's anything wrong with that... Smile

I told you - I like real and spectacular....
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2021, 06:57:09 pm »

If that your idea of making a pass at me --- I don't swing that way ----  not that there's anything wrong with that... Smile

I told you - I like real and spectacular....

Did you even know what I was referring too?

kver

Reputation 60

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2021, 07:35:46 pm »

Did you even know what I was referring too?

yes - the stupid picture of Michelle Obama and Melania Trump  (Amen... Awomen) -- but you can't spell and I chose to read your question as you wrote it....  
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2021, 07:44:37 pm »

yes - the stupid picture of Michelle Obama and Melania Trump  (Amen... Awomen) -- but you can't spell and I chose to read your question as you wrote it....  

Hmm.  You still don’t know what it refers too  Headscratch

FJRider
Developing ADV addict

Reputation 1750

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2021, 11:32:16 pm »

Before I got seriously into Sport Motorcycle Touring I would do "centuries" with my friends on bicycles. I can't do that anymore. But we would camp and not use hotels. That got me into getting extremely light gear. That still matters to me when touring on a motorcycle. Every piece of gear I carry is the lightest it can be. From my clothing, camping gear, shoes, etc. I can do extended cross country trips with only about 25 lbs of gear. As about half of that is water, shoes, tools and extra fuel. Instead of carrying heated gear I have an Eddie Bauer Good Down Jacket that weighs about 8 oz and can be packed down to about the size of a small flashlight. It not only keeps me warm in the altitudes and chilly desert mornings, but when sitting around the campfire at night as well. My cooking gear is Snow Peak Titanium and a Soto Microregulator Stove. Everything must have a purpose and be light.
kver

Reputation 60

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2021, 12:54:40 am »

Oh really?  so why did you just edit the original post to match the correct spelling???  

rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2021, 06:52:39 am »

Before I got seriously into Sport Motorcycle Touring I would do "centuries" with my friends on bicycles. I can't do that anymore. But we would camp and not use hotels. That got me into getting extremely light gear. That still matters to me when touring on a motorcycle. Every piece of gear I carry is the lightest it can be. From my clothing, camping gear, shoes, etc. I can do extended cross country trips with only about 25 lbs of gear. As about half of that is water, shoes, tools and extra fuel. Instead of carrying heated gear I have an Eddie Bauer Good Down Jacket that weighs about 8 oz and can be packed down to about the size of a small flashlight. It not only keeps me warm in the altitudes and chilly desert mornings, but when sitting around the campfire at night as well. My cooking gear is Snow Peak Titanium and a Soto Microregulator Stove. Everything must have a purpose and be light.

Bigok

This is how you travel.  Light is way to go.  FJ is a smart man.

Century = 100 miles on a bicycle in 1 day  

Heaven Bound
Old & Slow

Reputation -39

Years Contributed: '07, '09
GPS: STL
Miles Typed: 299

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2021, 11:39:05 am »

For some of us sport touring has been dead.  But with a new ride in the garage I’m planning the return  Razz
jay547

Reputation 260

Motorcycles: 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, 2019 Honda CRF450L, 2002 Honda CR250, 1973 Yamaha AT-3
GPS: Northeastern, OK
Miles Typed: 3164

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2021, 11:45:28 am »

Light is way to go.  FJ is a smart man.

Ironic that he rides a 650 pound bike.  Razz

It's not the fall that hurts, it's when you hit the ground.
birdrunner

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2021, 02:15:52 pm »

what underwear?  

Biking Sailor

Reputation 62

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2021, 02:37:28 pm »

what underwear?  

Lol     Bigok

jay547

Reputation 260

Motorcycles: 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, 2019 Honda CRF450L, 2002 Honda CR250, 1973 Yamaha AT-3
GPS: Northeastern, OK
Miles Typed: 3164

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2021, 02:54:24 pm »

what underwear?  

Please don't wear chaps.  EEK!

It's not the fall that hurts, it's when you hit the ground.
birdrunner

Reputation 18

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2021, 03:23:02 pm »

That reminds me,  I might have some leathers for sale. Rolleyes

they can be cleaned ....  right?

FJRider
Developing ADV addict

Reputation 1750

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2021, 05:47:30 pm »

Ironic that he rides a 650 pound bike.  Razz

I have my minions pick it up if dropped.
rajflyboy

Reputation 373

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2021, 07:43:49 pm »

That reminds me,  I might have some leathers for sale. Rolleyes

they can be cleaned ....  right?

Fabreeze

dougleo

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2021, 12:13:11 pm »

You are not even good at being an ahole.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal