Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Heated Gear Plug Types  (Read 5613 times)

Biking Sailor

Reputation 78

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Tenere 1200, Tenere 700 and XT250. My wife's FJ09 and MT09 that I get to ride occasionally
GPS: Edmond, OK
Miles Typed: 1291

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2021, 12:36:07 pm »

I have been using Tour Master brand Synergy and Synergy II jacket liners and gloves for the past decade. Wearing out my second set now, glove heating gone in the left but still works in the right and the left sleeve of my jacket liner is starting to get a real hot spot around the elbow.   Sad

Looking to get new, but am thinking about different brands such as Hot Wire. My main question is it appears they use the same connector plug type for the bike. I have 4 bikes all wired for the Synergy gear and am hoping someone can confirm Hot Wire will plug in to the same connector.

"Your Guzzi isn't here to do your bidding, you're here to do her bidding."  -- Orson
"when you're riding a Guzzi you know you're riding a MOTORBIKE and not some sits-down-to-pee hairdryer with a wheel at each end." -- Pete
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

jay547

Reputation 279

Motorcycles: 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, 2019 Honda CRF450L, 2002 Honda CR250, 1973 Yamaha AT-3
GPS: Northeastern, OK
Miles Typed: 3678

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 12:46:14 pm »

Sorry, can't help you. On the rare occasions that I ride when it's cold (below 50° for the streetbike, below 40° for the d-s are my latest limits), I use battery-powered gear. Although the gloves are too bulky and I gave up on them.

It's not the fall that hurts, it's when you hit the ground.

"You really are one stupid idiot." ~Tejasbusa - "Thank you, Dr. Dipstick." ~NinjaLady
kver
not A doctor -- THE DOCTOR...

Reputation 68

Motorcycles: sv650s, Sprint ST, zx10r - got a twin, a triple and I4 - I need a thumper
Miles Typed: 488

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 09:13:39 am »

I have been using Tour Master brand Synergy and Synergy II jacket liners and gloves for the past decade. Wearing out my second set now, glove heating gone in the left but still works in the right and the left sleeve of my jacket liner is starting to get a real hot spot around the elbow.   Sad

Looking to get new, but am thinking about different brands such as Hot Wire. My main question is it appears they use the same connector plug type for the bike. I have 4 bikes all wired for the Synergy gear and am hoping someone can confirm Hot Wire will plug in to the same connector.

Cant confirm for Hot Wire -- I do have various brands of heated gear acquired over the years and the 5mm? co-ax connectors have all been compatible --

EDIT:
Guess what I was getting at is - I think there's a standard -- and I looked it up - it's 5.5mm not 5mm...    
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 04:41:24 pm by kver » Logged
Advertisement

Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 85

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15423

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 11:47:34 am »

i don't know either brand, but it would be helpful if you told us what kind of connector you currently have. Maybe we can recommend something that works with it.

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
PatM

Reputation 25

Motorcycles: BMW R1200RT 2016
GPS: Montreal, Canada
Miles Typed: 1009

My Photo Gallery

On the road again

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 07:34:34 pm »

The Tourmaster Synergy 2 jacket I have uses a standard coax connector. I currently connect it to a Gerbing controller.
This would be the female coax connector on the bike:

This is what the male connector looks like on the right, not the SAE connector on left.

I don't know if the Hot wire heated gear uses the same but my experience has been that most of them use the same connector
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 07:39:33 pm by PatM » Logged

Ride safe!
Biking Sailor

Reputation 78

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: Tenere 1200, Tenere 700 and XT250. My wife's FJ09 and MT09 that I get to ride occasionally
GPS: Edmond, OK
Miles Typed: 1291

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 08:39:58 pm »

Thanks for the info. Most helpful.   Bigok

The major brands are all compatible with the standard coaxial plugs.

"Your Guzzi isn't here to do your bidding, you're here to do her bidding."  -- Orson
"when you're riding a Guzzi you know you're riding a MOTORBIKE and not some sits-down-to-pee hairdryer with a wheel at each end." -- Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal