Reputation 378

Motorcycles: BMW
Miles Typed: 2257

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2021, 07:26:34 pm »

Holy Moses

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/buell-is-back/

Any chance this will be a viable business?

https://www.buellmotorcycle.com/

Who knew?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:33:27 pm by rajflyboy » Logged

"The Dream is free The Hustle is sold separately”
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Stripes
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Reputation 110

Motorcycles: Triumph, Ducati, BMW
GPS: On the water
Miles Typed: 4519

My Photo Gallery

I'm on a boat!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 07:48:25 pm »

:popcorn:

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/buell-is-back-in-business-and-planning-an-adventure-touring-motorcycle?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=boosted-posts%7Ctpfn-content-organic&utm_content=common-tread-news-organic&utm_term=buell-is-back-in-business-and-planning-an-adventure-touring-motorcycle-021821-%7Ctpfn&fbclid=IwAR2GPC35fCGpoS-pQ3Meu9egm9VHqEEN3ZQd38BYXneS3GUI51PvdrTDdlY

"We all should aspire once in life to date a psychotic nymphomaniac, no matter what the aftermath."
rajflyboy

Reputation 378

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:54:09 pm »

So Erik is not involved ?

Advertisement

rajflyboy

Reputation 378

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 10:29:03 am »

No Buell fans here ?  I liked the bikes.  I tested a few of them over the years.  XB 9 me likey

buelligan

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: Buell XB9, M2 Cyclone, S1W Lightning, 1290SAR, DR650, Hardley Softail
Miles Typed: 79

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 10:56:41 am »

Erik Buell is not involved with the latest recycling of the Buell name.
 Twofinger

The Liquidators, LAP have been building a few bikes a year out of existing stock.  (2015 EBR technology)
They've been selling them under the EBR name.   Harley did not renew it's license to the Buell name, and let it lapse.
LAP bought the rights to the Buell name, and is claiming Buell is back. But yet, their current bikes are EBR 6 year old technology.
Buell American Motorcycles were special bikes, built and designed by incredibly talented, and enthusiastic people.
I find it highly unlikely the current owners of the Buell name can recreate what Erik did.

I am a Bueller, have been one since I bought my first S2 Thunderbolt in 1995.
I currently own 4 Buells, but also have a Beemer, KTM, DR650, and a Hardley.
I drank the Buell koolaid and it was good.  
Then Hardley shit in the pot and ruined it all.  (and now they want to sell sport style bikes?)
Blue is Best
Light is right

Reputation 267

Motorcycles: 2012 FJR1300 2020 GSX-S1000
GPS: Rio Rancho, NM
Miles Typed: 3299

My Photo Gallery

Blue motorcycles are fastest

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 11:32:20 am »

I don't think the last Buell, EX1190 and SX1190, were bad bikes at all. Goofy front brake but the bikes, especially the engine, ran with all the others. How much "handling and HP" can regular riders use on the street? Me and a buddy were just talking about these new Buells yesterday. If they bring the EX back we both are considering one. BUT, it better not have Vtwin "character!!

Bigsmile                            Sad

Past bikes: Dirt- '74 MX360, SC500 x 2, '77 YZ400, '78 YZ400, '83 CR250, '85 CR250, '86 CR250   
 Street- '74 S3400, H1500, '72 H2750 x 2, '78 GS1000C, GS1000EC x 2, '80 GS1000S, '00 1200 Bandit, '05 FJR1300, '07 ZX14, '16 1250 Bandit, '17 KTM SD GT
Biking Sailor

Reputation 78

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Tenere 1200, Tenere 700 and XT250. My wife's FJ09 and MT09 that I get to ride occasionally
GPS: Edmond, OK
Miles Typed: 1291

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 11:41:57 am »

I don't think the last Buell, EX1190 and SX1190, were bad bikes at all. Goofy front brake but the bikes, especially the engine, ran with all the others. How much "handling and HP" can regular riders use on the street? Me and a buddy were just talking about these new Buells yesterday. If they bring the EX back we both are considering one. BUT, it better not have Vtwin "character!!

Bigsmile                            Sad

You can bet it will have the big V-twin character!  Not the pure rawness of a Griso 1200 8V, though.   Wink

"Your Guzzi isn't here to do your bidding, you're here to do her bidding."  -- Orson
"when you're riding a Guzzi you know you're riding a MOTORBIKE and not some sits-down-to-pee hairdryer with a wheel at each end." -- Pete
rajflyboy

Reputation 378

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 12:01:05 pm »

Erik Buell is not involved with the latest recycling of the Buell name.
 Twofinger

The Liquidators, LAP have been building a few bikes a year out of existing stock.  (2015 EBR technology)
They've been selling them under the EBR name.   Harley did not renew it's license to the Buell name, and let it lapse.
LAP bought the rights to the Buell name, and is claiming Buell is back. But yet, their current bikes are EBR 6 year old technology.
Buell American Motorcycles were special bikes, built and designed by incredibly talented, and enthusiastic people.
I find it highly unlikely the current owners of the Buell name can recreate what Erik did.

I am a Bueller, have been one since I bought my first S2 Thunderbolt in 1995.
I currently own 4 Buells, but also have a Beemer, KTM, DR650, and a Hardley.
I drank the Buell koolaid and it was good.  
Then Hardley shit in the pot and ruined it all.  (and now they want to sell sport style bikes?)

Thanks for the info.  I guess I like Erik because he is such a fan of motorcycle racing.   I wonder what he is up to now a days ?

buelligan

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: Buell XB9, M2 Cyclone, S1W Lightning, 1290SAR, DR650, Hardley Softail
Miles Typed: 79

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 01:50:29 pm »

Thanks for the info.  I guess I like Erik because he is such a fan of motorcycle racing.   I wonder what he is up to now a days ?

Erik is co owner, and engineer of a company called Fuell that builds electric bicycles and motorcycles
rajflyboy

Reputation 378

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 01:58:52 pm »

Erik is co owner, and engineer of a company called Fuell that builds electric bicycles and motorcycles

Thanks.  I do think I saw an article on that a while back.

Delegate1k

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: 2007 FJR1300A, Wee-Strom 05 (deceased)
GPS: Colchester, Ct
Miles Typed: 369

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 06:38:05 pm »

Links are always nice

FUELL

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0451/7488/2457/products/Silver_L0100_5000x.png

From the website

Experience and Expertise
FUELL started with the unexpected encounter and Franco-American convergence between Erik Buell, Frédéric Vasseur, and François-Xavier Terny. The unifying idea: to create an urban mobility solution for cities, which is currently the best application of electric powertrains. The founders combined their experience and competences to invent a genuinely new experience entirely focused in the urban rider's needs.

Imagination is Intelligence at play. :}
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal