Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Sena SRL-2 helmet communicater questions.  (Read 141 times)

howardrichman

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Miles Typed: 300

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2021, 09:24:39 pm »

I'm trying to use a bluetooth helmet communication set. I'll be using on the new Shoei GT AIR-2.  The Sena SRL-2 bluetooth units are designed to be used w/ these helmets. Can anyone tell me how these units work, and can they be used as a ptt (push to talk), and are there remotes to do so. I just need intercom, music and gps. Sena wasn't all that helpfull with my requests. Also, Sena cant exchange or have the chargable batteries when they go bad, so what do you do after the 2 year warrentee is up when they do ?  Are they reliable? my J+M radio comms and cables are getting old and combersome

Thanks;
                  Howie...
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

kyzrex
member-at-large

Reputation 90

GPS: NKY
Miles Typed: 1132

My Photo Gallery

WWW.ridemsta.com

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 09:59:43 pm »

No push to talkÖbut you donít have that with a phone either, right?  You just talk and the other person can hear it, just like a phone conversation.  Sure there are times where both people talk at once, but just like a phone conversation you work it out. Sometimes the GPS breaks in when someone is talking too.  So you ask them to repeat themselves. No big deal.

As far as replacement batteries.   No Sena does not sell replacement batteries. But other do.  I had a battery fail in a 10S unit I had.  I found a replacement on eBay for about $20.  It took me about 20 minutes to replace itÖ.there are several videos on YouTube that show you how to do it.  Itís still working a few years later.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and would taste good with ketchup"
howardrichman

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: 07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Miles Typed: 300

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 01:20:41 pm »

No push to talkÖbut you donít have that with a phone either, right?  You just talk and the other person can hear it, just like a phone conversation.  Sure there are times where both people talk at once, but just like a phone conversation you work it out. Sometimes the GPS breaks in when someone is talking too.  So you ask them to repeat themselves. No big deal.

As far as replacement batteries.   No Sena does not sell replacement batteries. But other do.  I had a battery fail in a 10S unit I had.  I found a replacement on eBay for about $20.  It took me about 20 minutes to replace itÖ.there are several videos on YouTube that show you how to do it.  Itís still working a few years later.

OK, please explain how this is done w/ a cell phone w/ no cell service, have music and GPS speaking directions. TNX...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 09:10:10 pm by howardrichman » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal