Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Brake Bleeding... What am I doing wrong?  (Read 16539 times)

def38
Dennis

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: BMW R1150GS, '01
GPS: County Line, AL
Miles Typed: 153

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 10:23:19 am »

I'll respectfully disagree. I've replaced the master cylinder on my oilhead with ABS. I completely drained the system, replaced it and filled it up again. I use a mityvac: handheld. It worked fine as it has on my TDI VW, my Montero and every other vehicle I've owned over the last 10+ years.

Now the oilhead did take some tapping here and there, cracking the banjo bolt at the master cylinder, but with patience and feel, it was back to normal inside of an hour.

Please keep in mind that I'm not disagreeing that you had trouble. I've never done a K75. I'm disagreeing that every vehicle with ABS is difficult.

If a mechanic at the BMW shop can do it, so can you. The difference is, you need a reference to refer to....like the BMW Repair CD Manual or some other reliable reference.

There is NO MAGIC to maintaining and repairing these motorcycles we ride...mere mortal man can fix it......so can you!
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

JimWilliamson

Reputation 30

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Fort Collins, CO
Miles Typed: 2486

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 09:59:35 pm »

Only problem is you have to have a resevoir cap to butcher, drill it and thread a bleeder to it with a tube to a jar so you don't get fluid everywhere.

For those with rectangular metal tops for the master cylinders (instead of plastic screw on caps) you can made a similar thing with some rubber gasket material and some 1/4" thick clear plastic. Drill two holes for some hardware store / longer screws. One larger hole in the middle for a hose connection. Cut the center out of the gasket (for the tube connection) and to see inside of the reservoir. Pix available if interested.
RodRides

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 04 & 06 VFR, 08 Sprint ST, 05 R1200GS
Miles Typed: 4

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2020, 11:27:42 am »

Motorcycle brake bleeding 101.  See video

https://youtu.be/m2Gu0ExObrw
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal