Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: BReva Owners.....  (Read 6111 times)

roadvic
30K and counting

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: O3 Victory cdc
Miles Typed: 14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: December 18, 2006, 10:09:48 pm »

Thinking hard about a goose. Much more into travel than just twisties. What did you discover after riding your bike for awhile? The wife enjoys traveling with me. Let's hear the thorns and roses!

David

03 Victory
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

JCM

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: V-Strom 650
Miles Typed: 48

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:53:57 pm »

I'm interested in the Breva 1100 myself, and a little surprised that no one has weighed in yet. Some one must have some input on
these bikes. Anyone?
Daniel Kalal
It's pronounced Goot-see

Reputation 114

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Guzzi Daytona, Guzzi Stelvio
GPS: Kansas
Miles Typed: 1001

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 07:03:04 pm »

...a little surprised that no one has weighed in yet... Anyone?

There are not very many Guzzi riders on this site (or anywhere else, for that matter).  You might try here:

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0
Advertisement

c_galardi

Reputation 11

Miles Typed: 78

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 07:51:16 pm »

Well I have only had my Breva 1100 for a month and only have 1200 miles on it so not sure I can offer too much good info.  I come from mostly Tonti-framed (California) Guzzis, so the Breva is a change.

The motor is smoother/less vibey overall.  Power is decent....a little better than my 1100 Jackal.  Gearbox is much more refined than the Jackal's, shifts more smoothly and quietly and is a 6 speed vs. a 5 speed.

Handling is better, overall lighter steering, tighter feel to the bike, more confidence inspiring in turns/curves.

Brakes are strong with good feel.  Double disk brembos up front and a single disk brembo rear...haul me down from speed very quickly.

Gauges are great, with a lot of information available at a glance.  Just far more modern instrumentation than my Jackal and the older Guzzis have.

The bike has quite nice fit and finish.  Mine is set up with the 29 liter easy detach hard bags (sourced from Aprilia) and the 40 liter topcase (Givi) with a built in passenger backrest.  All very high quality stuff.

Seating position is pretty much upright, i.e. comfortable.  Could probably use a little more legroom but that may just be the different footpeg position vs. what I was used to on the Jackal.  Overall I like the ergonomics.  I cannot really comment on passenger accommodations.  Had one passenger for a brief ride and they said it was comfortable.

The downside...the stock Guzzi windscreen is too small for my liking for touring purposes but I have resolved that pretty much with a replacement screen from www.mphcycles.com (very reputable Guzzi dealer) which bolts right onto the same mounts as the stock screen...nice.

How well will it do as a touring bike?  Well, it has some pretty big shoes to fill.  The Jackal took me on some great adventures and longish (750 mile) days in comfort with nary a whimper.  But I have a really good feeling about this bike...I think she's gonna do just fine Smile

2009 Guzzi Stelvio 1200
2002 Guzzi V11 LeMans
JCM

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 09:17:04 pm »

Thanks Daniel Kalal and c_galardi. I checked out the wildguzzi forum and saw the photos of c_galardi's windscreen. Looks like a
nice piece. Got any pic's of it on the bike? Thanks again.
c_galardi

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 09:18:53 pm »

No good pics yet of it on bike...will try to get some this weekend.  Smile

Another great forum to visit with info specific to the Breva/Norge/Griso/Sport 1200......

http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/mggriso.html

« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 09:21:55 pm by c_galardi » Logged

2009 Guzzi Stelvio 1200
2002 Guzzi V11 LeMans
Dugzi

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Breva 1100
Miles Typed: 27

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 12:08:04 am »

I purchased my Breva a little over a month ago but I've only managed to squeeze in about 1000 miles. So far I like everything about the bike. No complaints at all.  Inlove During the break in period it's hard to get a complete picture of what the performance is like (5000 rpm max to 625 miles, 6000 max to 1250 miles, 7600max after 1250 miles) but so far I'm happy. I guess the best thing is that there have been no surprises. I knew going in that the Breva would feel different than any of the Japanese bikes I have owned in the past... and that is a good thing. So far I've been riding solo but this weekend my wife and I will be putting on some miles and I know she'll let me know what she thinks. One added bonus to owning a Guzzi is that both Harley riders and sportbike riders wave 'cause they don't know what the hell kind of bike is making that cool sound!! Lol

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Dugzi/MotoGuzzi105_800X600.jpg
Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 86

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton, '16 BMW R1200RS
GPS: Western N.C.
Miles Typed: 14347

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 12:54:33 am »

Much more into travel than just twisties.

actually, my V11 does quite well in fast sweepers. The long wheelbase give it that "on rails" stability. In the tighter stuff, it's gonna be a bit more work than an R6, but the bike's other qualities come through to outweigh the lack of agility in my opinion.

what I've discovered? The air cooled engine hates stop and go city traffic. This is a bike with long legs and It wants to be cut loose.

Don't buy one if most of your mileage will be in town.

turboderek
Vstrom DL650K6

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: Vstrom DL650K6, 04 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
GPS: So. California
Miles Typed: 332

My Photo Gallery

39k a year

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 11:46:12 am »

The Breva is my top choice for a 2nd or replacement for my vstrom.  There is something about the look of the engine and overall design that speaks to me.

I purchased my Breva a little over a month ago but I've only managed to squeeze in about 1000 miles. So far I like everything about the bike. No complaints at all.  Inlove During the break in period it's hard to get a complete picture of what the performance is like (5000 rpm max to 625 miles, 6000 max to 1250 miles, 7600max after 1250 miles) but so far I'm happy. I guess the best thing is that there have been no surprises. I knew going in that the Breva would feel different than any of the Japanese bikes I have owned in the past... and that is a good thing. So far I've been riding solo but this weekend my wife and I will be putting on some miles and I know she'll let me know what she thinks. One added bonus to owning a Guzzi is that both Harley riders and sportbike riders wave 'cause they don't know what the hell kind of bike is making that cool sound!! Lol

06 Suzuki VStrom 650 (90,000 miles of commuting and counting)
http://www.turboderek.com
04 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
JCM

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 01:38:43 pm »

The Breva is my top choice for a 2nd or replacement for my vstrom.  There is something about the look of the engine and overall design that speaks to me.

That's my thinking exactly.
c_galardi

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 12:18:59 pm »

Thanks Daniel Kalal and c_galardi. I checked out the wildguzzi forum and saw the photos of c_galardi's windscreen. Looks like a
nice piece. Got any pic's of it on the bike? Thanks again.

Hello all,

I have snapped a few photos of the Breva 11 with the new MPH windscreen installed.....they are at the link below (double-click a pic to enlarge)

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/chrisgalardi/album/576460762382352212

2009 Guzzi Stelvio 1200
2002 Guzzi V11 LeMans
JCM

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 04:39:01 pm »

That shield really looks nice on the Breva, IMO. Let us know how it performs compared to the OEM or no shield at all when
you get some miles on her. Thanks.
roadvic
30K and counting

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: O3 Victory cdc
Miles Typed: 14

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 06:01:04 pm »

Thanks for the info!

david
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal