Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: I need to vent.  (Read 13094 times)

Brad1445
Brad to the Ley

Reputation -6

Years Contributed: '06
Motorcycles: 2008 Hayabusa - 2008 Ducati HyperMotard - 2009 KTM 505 - 2009KLXSM - 2004 Buell Firebolt
GPS: Denver
Miles Typed: 2243

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2007, 10:33:35 am »

I'm so frustrated that I am not included in the new Buell Celebration. This should be a time to party, but I can not. I 'm a Buell faithful.  I have had 5  But i stepped down from my #1 spot at the dealer canceling my order.

I appreciate all types of Bikes, I especially love the twins (Ducati 999) I love it, its not a great looker in some peoples book.  I have had a Busa I know that was ugly.

The new 1125 is dead on perfect in almost every frigging way It's really wet dream come true. then you raise your eyes from the spec sheet to look at it How did they make the bike so frigging ugly?  None of he lines match.  The porportions are way front heavy.  If you recycle parts from an old bike you must reuse some of those line are you end up with Frankin Bike.  I learned to look the busa in the face over time.  But I can not yet look the 1125 in the face without first shuddering then I grow sad and start thinking what might have been.

I know many have said it looks better in person, but I cant help but think I'm being set up on a blind date and all i hear is, she has a GREAT personality.  Is total perfection too much to ask  Smile There I feel a little better.

Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

whodom

Reputation 16

Motorcycles: 1983 Honda VT500FT Ascot, 2000 Buell S3 Thunderbolt (gone), 2007 Buell XB12X Ulysses, 2009 Buell 1125CR (gone)
GPS: South Carolina
Miles Typed: 165

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 10:23:39 pm »

You haven't even seen the bike in person yet and you canceled your order?
Brad1445
Brad to the Ley

Reputation -6

Motorcycles: 2008 Hayabusa - 2008 Ducati HyperMotard - 2009 KTM 505 - 2009KLXSM - 2004 Buell Firebolt

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 12:39:59 am »

Yeah  Crazy  I placed it when It was just a new Buell to be announced.  I said I dont care if its a dirt bike a motard a ST or a sport bike I want it.  But then the pictures scarred me, a LOT! I'm not saying I did the smart thing.  I guess more than anything I just wish it was a bit more balance in proportions. Imagine if the looks were as striking and balanced as the specs.

Advertisement

Snowbird
evil minion

Reputation -179

Motorcycles: '01 Futura, '06 FJR
GPS: Man cave.
Miles Typed: 7767

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:29:52 am »

I think the 1125 looks good. I just wish it was more touring oriented. When it arrives, if it looks like my passenger and I can handle the ergos, I just *may* make an exception to my own rule and buy a bike without factory hard bags.

Two wheels or four, weight is the enemy.
Rogue
Menace to Society

Reputation 108

Motorcycles: Buell and Honda
Miles Typed: 6884

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 03:42:29 pm »

I hate to say this Brad but, aren't you being a little shallow?

I haven't seen nor ridden the bike and you're writing it off?  I guess you're not the only one.  Anyway, if looks is THAT important to you, then I guess....   Shrug

Rogue
st ryder

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 1287

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 04:15:02 pm »

There's nothing wrong with "dumping" the bike because it doesn't do anything for you "in the bedroom." In the end, we *do* "make love" to the "face." You are not shallow, just in touch with and true to your needs. Form over function has its limits. The 1125r epitomizes functional design gone a wry. This makes the bold assumption the design in fact will work like they say it will. If it doesn't, that frame will reach thigh searing temps. The jury's still out on the function, though has ended deliberations on the form:  Thumbsdown      

Regards,

Frank,  2005 Ducati ST3(Red!) (Veni, Vedi,...Ducati!)
nanbil
TEDIUM

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 1992 Yamaha TDM 850
GPS: Edmond Oklahoma
Miles Typed: 646

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 05:41:55 pm »

Brad, based on your icon, you should have no trouble enjoying the virtues of the 1125R: after all don’t we all assume the exact same position expressed in your icon when we ride… Inlove

Carpe Diem
Rogue
Menace to Society

Reputation 108

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 07:31:39 pm »

The jury's still out on the function, though has ended deliberations on the form:  Thumbsdown      

That's according to YOU.  We all know you don't like the way it looks already.  And that's fine because this isn't about you.  

My main point is the bike is NOT even out yet.  Brad has not even seen the bike in real life.  Has not ridden the bike.  He gave the Hayabusa a chance, which he admits to being ugly.  Why not the 1125R?

In any case, I don't care.  It's Brad's money so he can do with it as he pleases.  

Rogue
Brad1445
Brad to the Ley

Reputation -6

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 10:16:11 pm »

Brad has not even seen the bike in real life.  Has not ridden the bike.  He gave the Hayabusa a chance, which he admits to being ugly.  Why not the 1125R?

Good point, and yes I know I'm being somewhat shallow and may miss out on a great ride.

I think the difference between the busa and the 1125 is the consistency of the design from front to back.  The busa ugly stick carried one ugly theme from front to tail.  The 1125 has different clashing worlds of ugly.

I may still buy 1125r.  I love Buells, I love Twins.  I just dont understand why form and function were not allowed to play with each other on this bike.   aftermarket may address my concerns.

bizarro

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 10:34:13 pm »

Brad's right. It's fucking ugly. 1k's photos from his track day kind of had me thawing a little, but no, it's really just fucking ugly.

That said, it could still be a phenomenal bike and there's good ugly and then there's just plain ugly. Good ugly for me is a Speed Triple, good ugly for someone else could be the 1125. Shrug
theroamr

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2005 Buell xb12 Firebolt
Miles Typed: 29

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 09:38:27 am »

After riding one at mid ohio on a buell trackday, I'll agree, maybe not beautiful. Performance Very, very good. In fact so good, maybe the looks would grow on you. I plan on hanging on to my xb12 firebolt for a year or two, then maybe grabing an 1125.
rauchman
Capt Ugachaka

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV1000S / 2013 Harley Davidson Switchback
GPS: Teaneck, NJ
Miles Typed: 612

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 10:15:36 am »

I have to go w/ the Brad on this one.  From the write ups/spec sheets, Buell did a masterful job on this bike.  

And then.........................

You have to look at it.  I haven't seen it in person, but I think it's one of the goofiest looking bikes I've ever seen.  Ugly bikes really don't do it for me.  I'm a weekend rider that tours once/twice a year.  I don't care what kind of specs a bike has, if I can't walk away from my bike in a parking lot, turn around and go OH YEAH THAT'S MY BABY, I don't want that bike.  I don't care if that's shallow, I want a good looking bike.  Do I dare say this, but it has now taken over the position of ugliest bike on the planet from the V-Strom.

Don't pee into the wind!!!
thatguy
banned everywhere

Reputation 13

Motorcycles: a few
GPS: Aintree
Miles Typed: 4076

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 10:47:40 am »

I think it's cute................................... .that Buell made an Aprilia. Bigsmile

"Speak when you are spoken to,but don't pretend you are right.............."
atadaskew

Reputation 155

Motorcycles: A Vethpa and thome other thcooter
GPS: Venice Beach, California.
Miles Typed: 11826

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 04:49:50 pm »

Who does the Buell 1125 remind me of?.....
Oh yeah, Cletus the Slack Jawed yokel from the Simpsons
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/Desmolicious/Eugene1.gif
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/Desmolicious/Buell.jpg

p.s. I think the Lightning and Firebolt series look great.

I'm hip about time, I just gotta go.
1KPerDay
Ride to eat, eat to ride

Reputation 27

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Honda GL1800A, Harley XR1200, BMW R90/6
Miles Typed: 10830

My Photo Gallery

Arbiter of good taste

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 05:02:28 pm »

Yeah  Crazy  I placed it when It was just a new Buell to be announced.  I said I dont care if its a dirt bike a motard a ST or a sport bike I want it.  But then the pictures scarred me, a LOT! I'm not saying I did the smart thing.  I guess more than anything I just wish it was a bit more balance in proportions. Imagine if the looks were as striking and balanced as the specs.

Wait'll you see it in person. It's pretty cool. And you have a 999 so you're already familiar with, um... interesting-looking bikes. Bigok

Time is cruel. And so are bacon cheeseburgers.
st ryder

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 1287

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 08:42:09 pm »

Here's my take on who the bike reminds me of:

Regards,

Frank,  2005 Ducati ST3(Red!) (Veni, Vedi,...Ducati!)
Rogue
Menace to Society

Reputation 108

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 12:10:55 am »

Hmmmm....I think I'm beginning to see why the Buell looks so familiar.

Rogue
DogBoy
West Texas Teardrop

Reputation 106

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, KTM450SMR, CRF230F
GPS: Sacramento, Ca
Miles Typed: 10066

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 01:35:52 am »

Wait'll you see it in person. It's pretty cool. And you have a 999 so you're already familiar with, um... interesting-looking bikes. Bigok

I saw/sat on the 1125's Buell had a Laguna for MotoGP. Looked much better in person and even better from the seat - which is my favorite view of any bike.

Note: 1KPerDay approved signature lines below.
bomber

Reputation 30

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
GPS: Sea of Joy
Miles Typed: 17355

My Photo Gallery

Based on actual events

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 11:09:57 am »

I have to admit that Peter Egan's "Garage Factor" plays a part in my bike purchasing decisions -- I want to go "mmmmmmmmmmm<" and smile when I go out to the garage and see the beast

that's been tougher for me, of late -- given the fact that I consider the late 60s Triumph Bonneville to be the zenith of motorcycle desgins (visually), other than the NEW Bonnies, there ain't much out there that floats my eyeballs

I've managed to view things differently, though, a bit -- my M2 still makes me smile (even though I've torn it down for a major re-grooving) -- even the Triumph Tiger that now shares motorpool space with the MaDeuce elicits a grin, albeit for different reasons

The XB seires simply ain't pretty, to my mind, though the functionality so far outweighs the lack of looks, I'd buy one if they made what I was looking for . . . . . . .

ride one, Brad -- I'm thinkin the view from the saddle may be just fine

Beautiful day, happy to be here
-- Jane Catherine Lotter
"Bomber is correct" -- Carbonero
atadaskew

Reputation 155

Motorcycles: A Vethpa and thome other thcooter
GPS: Venice Beach, California.
Miles Typed: 11826

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 01:23:05 pm »

Hmmmm....I think I'm beginning to see why the Buell looks so familiar.

You're not helping the Buell cause!
That comparo makes it look like a 916 that hung out with Kirstie Alley.  Yowza, lose those 'saddlebags'! Stand up straight! Suck yer gut in!
 Lol Wink

I'm hip about time, I just gotta go.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal