Poll
Question: Have you or do you want to install bar risers?
Suck it up an go stock - 4 (50%)
a little rise is enough  1/2" - 1 (12.5%)
more is better 3/4" - 1 (12.5%)
lots makes it comfy 1" - 2 (25%)
hell, I custom built a set >1" - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Bar risers for ST2, (pre 2004) ST4, 4s  (Read 3174 times)

RedNeil
Grey and red blur

Reputation 10

GPS: Calgary, Alberta
Miles Typed: 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2007, 11:14:44 pm »

Hi all,

After riding a friends naked-bike a few weeks back I was impressed on how the wide bars and somewhat upright riding postion made cornering a seem easier than on my 2003 ST4s-ABS.  It has me thinking (along with sub-zero temps and NOT riding) about the installation of bar risers to open up the riding stance a bit.    There must be a bunch of you that has done this.  I'm interested in any opinions.   I don't mind the stock set up, but of course, always looking for improvements.

Here's an example of risers.  This isn't an endorsement as I don't know enough to know who the guys are that should be supported. Smile

Thanks to all in advance.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

RedNeil
Grey and red blur

Reputation 10

GPS: Calgary, Alberta
Miles Typed: 57

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 11:16:05 pm »

I'm figuring... start with 1" and if it doesn't work you can always machine them down.
wvrider

Reputation -1

Motorcycles: 07 Triumph Tiger - sold 09 Harley Ultra Classic - heavyweight TOURING with a little sport here and there
Miles Typed: 206

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 08:52:03 am »

with the earlier body style you can only go so far up (an inch is pushing it) before the switch gear starts hitting the fairing or you have to greatly reduce the already paltry turning ability (makes every u turn a 3 pointer or three lanes wide). Dr Desmo makes some that have an alternate mounting that sweeps the bars back which allows you to keep the turning lock and brings them towards you a few inches if you can stand the angle inward of the bars (I found it fine). A good alternative is to go with a tubular bar swap from  Spiegler and pick your rise and bend...

Phil

You're not lost on a motorcycle, just finding the end of this road and what lies next.
Advertisement

Desmo Demon

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:36:56 pm »

I actually DROPPED my bars on my ST2 by adding some Helibar adapters with 748/9x6 clipons...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal