Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Down
Print

Topic: STN's Pool of Knowledge for Women Riders  (Read 174300 times)

Krismark
Scooter Hooligan

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2006 Buell Ulysses, 2003 VFR800A (sold!), 2006 KYMCO Bet & Win 150, 2006 KLX250S(Sold!)
GPS: NW Indiana
Miles Typed: 544

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2008, 11:16:18 pm »

Yeah...Instead isn't necessarily the best choice...plus theirs aren't supposed to be re-usable. I did anyway al least a couple times and they were fine.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

cultureslayer

Reputation 9

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: '89 ex250
GPS: NC USA
Miles Typed: 5797

My Photo Gallery

furry ninja

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2008, 08:58:27 am »

Hopefully they don't restock if you send it back.

They have discontinued the guarantee. Sad

They also suggest buying a new one every year which is a bunch of crap.  You can boil them and they used to suggest replacing every 5 years.  I've talked with women that have used them that long and I have no idea why anyone would buy a new one every year.  Just sanitize it regularly (boiling water in an old glass jar is one of the suggestions I have seen).

Reducing their eco footprint my ass, they want to increase their profits.  Rolleyes

Lauren
jsanford
Devil Duck Monster

Reputation 14

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '04 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 '08 Ducati Monster 695
Miles Typed: 1509

My Photo Gallery

Every day is Ride to Work Day

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2008, 01:57:10 am »

is the Instead the diaphragm-like alternative?

User beware:  I got rid of mine after I had one good sneeze while using it.  Crazy

'08  Monster 695   '04 Moto Guzzi Breva
Advertisement

cultureslayer

Reputation 9

My Photo Gallery

furry ninja

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2008, 10:49:17 am »

User beware:  I got rid of mine after I had one good sneeze while using it.  Crazy
Yes, that's the Instead.

Lauren
Stargzrgrl
Sticker Fiend aka HelloBorgieStar

Reputation 29

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '07 BMW F800ST, '77 Honda CB550F Super Sport, '08 Yamaha XT 250
GPS: Back in the mundane
Miles Typed: 2069

My Photo Gallery

Unicorns Fart Rainbows.

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2008, 11:33:19 am »

rofl

btdtbtts...

"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."
Stargzrgrl
Sticker Fiend aka HelloBorgieStar

Reputation 29

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '07 BMW F800ST, '77 Honda CB550F Super Sport, '08 Yamaha XT 250
GPS: Back in the mundane
Miles Typed: 2069

My Photo Gallery

Unicorns Fart Rainbows.

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2008, 11:38:59 am »

Anybody have any good tricks for getting rid of the lovely imprint a helmet liner such as a balaclava or Buff tends to leave on your face?

I'm sick of getting to work and dealing with the lovely imprint the Buff leaves on my forehead.  Crazy

"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."
Mrs. DantesDame
Super Moderator

Reputation 83

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '14 BMW F800 GSA
GPS: Switzerland
Miles Typed: 15309

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2008, 04:44:32 pm »

Anybody have any good tricks for getting rid of the lovely imprint a helmet liner such as a balaclava or Buff tends to leave on your face?

I'm sick of getting to work and dealing with the lovely imprint the Buff leaves on my forehead.  Crazy

Turn it inside out so that the seam is not next to your skin?

www.dantesdame.com  <--- Rides! Rides! Rides! Burnout  You don't know unless you ask. ***   Adventure: Adversity recounted at leisure.

Member since 2003
stefrrr

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: Only one
GPS: At the bottom of a hill with a name
Miles Typed: 6584

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2008, 12:10:38 am »

I do a weird little routine when putting my helmet on over the buff - basically, I pull the buff out to its full length, whip it across my hand (rawr  Lol) so that the ends unroll and are nice and flat, then I do the whole turn my head upside down and pull the buff on. I make sure that the buff is not on my face, just barely covering my hair, then I tilt my head back and shove on the helmet. It works, but I have no bangs, so if the buff goes back on my head a little, it's no big deal and I don't have any fly-aways.

If the buff is on my forehead, I'm in for a lot of pain. I need a new helmet.  Sad

The KBC TK8 fits really well. I might try it, but I'll miss my Suomy anti-fog. I've never seen another brand that works as well.
tarzan77

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Ninja 650r
Miles Typed: 16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2008, 11:29:09 am »

Quick question for you all.  Currently I have a pair of Oxtar Sunray boots in a 37, I've been pretty happy w/them, but started getting pretty nasty pain midfoot from them being too narrow.  Since I've stopped wearing them, the pain is gone.  Now I'm on a quest for a decent weatherproof boot similar to this.  Primarily I will be using them for commuting - so walking is a couple blocks in from the parking lot, but also I plan on doing a moto-camping trip in a few weeks.  Do any of you have a suggestions for this type of boot for a wider foot in women's sizing?  Do any of you just use the men's sizing (in a boot like the A* Web Gortex or something similar)?

Stacey
cultureslayer

Reputation 9

My Photo Gallery

furry ninja

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2008, 11:43:09 am »

Quick question for you all.  Currently I have a pair of Oxtar Sunray boots in a 37, I've been pretty happy w/them, but started getting pretty nasty pain midfoot from them being too narrow.  Since I've stopped wearing them, the pain is gone.  Now I'm on a quest for a decent weatherproof boot similar to this.  Primarily I will be using them for commuting - so walking is a couple blocks in from the parking lot, but also I plan on doing a moto-camping trip in a few weeks.  Do any of you have a suggestions for this type of boot for a wider foot in women's sizing?  Do any of you just use the men's sizing (in a boot like the A* Web Gortex or something similar)?

Stacey

I wear men's boots for the extra width.

Another option is to get the women's boots a half size too big and add some nice insoles.  I do this with all my commuting/touring boots.  I'd need a 39 for track boots, but I buy 40s and put in the insoles.  They add so much to the all day comfort because most motorcycle boots aren't padded.  As a bonus you can buy a $5 or $10 pair of insoles when the old ones wear out and the boots are as comfortable as the day you got them.  Bigok  since I don't own a car making my boots as comfortable as possible for as long as possible is a major concern.  I found a bunch of insoles (despite being men's boots I buy women's insoles since they fit my feet better) at big lots for $2 a pair and now I won't have to buy them for another year or two.

Lauren
katego

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: BMW R1150GS
GPS: Rat City
Miles Typed: 1019

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2008, 11:46:00 am »

I recently started wearing the TCX/Oxtar Men's Infinity boot. In a 40 it is a little roomier than the Sunray of the same size. They are ok for walking for a few blocks, though I wouldn't go on a hike or anything.

-k

Squaring off tires and tipping over bikes since 2005

Riding more is better. It makes you happier especially when it is dark and the weather is just atrocious. - Mr. Subjective (January 2007)
jsanford
Devil Duck Monster

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: '04 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 '08 Ducati Monster 695
Miles Typed: 1509

My Photo Gallery

Every day is Ride to Work Day

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2008, 01:34:35 am »

I tromped around in Japan with Sidi Canyons, with Superfeet insoles.  Goretex lined.

'08  Monster 695   '04 Moto Guzzi Breva
stefrrr

Reputation 7

Motorcycles: Only one
GPS: At the bottom of a hill with a name
Miles Typed: 6584

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2008, 10:38:48 pm »

To go back to an old topic... I bought a Diva cup a few months ago. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it has changed my life. Well, for a few days a month, that is.  Lol  It's already paid for itself. If anyone has any other questions, shoot me a pm.
~Lola~

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2008, 01:05:23 am »

Okay Ladies... I have a question for you.  Do you find that you ride worse on the day or so before your period, and on the first day or two of your period?  I didn't make the connection at first... just thought I was having a really bad day, but then it happened a couple more times, and each time it was on those days for me.  Anyone else have the same experience?  

Riding is the BEST thing for my cramps.
ReynoldsFH439

Reputation 0

GPS: Illinois
Miles Typed: 210

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2008, 06:18:22 pm »

To go back to an old topic... I bought a Diva cup a few months ago. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it has changed my life. Well, for a few days a month, that is.  Lol  It's already paid for itself. If anyone has any other questions, shoot me a pm.

I will say again that I love my Keeper.  For the first time I was actually smart enough to put it in before I started on the day I was expecting it.  It was wonderful because I was out for the whole day and I didn't have to think about it.  

Has anyone noticed their period is longer with the Keeper/Diva Cup/other equivalent?  I am usually about 4 days on tampons and more like 5 with the Keeper.  I forget it more easily, so I guess that kind of balances it out, though.
cultureslayer

Reputation 9

My Photo Gallery

furry ninja

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2008, 06:28:19 pm »

I will say again that I love my Keeper.  For the first time I was actually smart enough to put it in before I started on the day I was expecting it.  It was wonderful because I was out for the whole day and I didn't have to think about it.  

Has anyone noticed their period is longer with the Keeper/Diva Cup/other equivalent?  I am usually about 4 days on tampons and more like 5 with the Keeper.  I forget it more easily, so I guess that kind of balances it out, though.

Maybe the first day is a little heavier?  They aren't as irregular now that I'm on armour thyroid, but still not anything close to regular so it's hard to say.  Putting it in when you are expecting your period is one of the best parts.  Can't do that with tampons, and who wants to use a pad a minute more than they have to?  Crazy

Mrs. BMW-K, I am too lazy to multi-quote so I'll just say I am more tired for several days before and my riding suffers a little because of that.  Then the first day is usually percocet time so no riding then.  

Lauren
Weaselette

Reputation 0

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: 2009 Suzuki VStrom 650
GPS: Wenatchee, WA
Miles Typed: 75

My Photo Gallery

ASAT - All Suzukis, All of the Time

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2008, 01:50:32 pm »

FOUR days?? FIVE days? *sob* I go a full seven days no matter what. If I had the time to recuperate this winter, I'd have the plumbing yanked out entirely.

Sara (Wenatchee, WA)
'09 Suzuki DL650
UFO

Reputation 228

Motorcycles: 2018 Kawi H2SX SE
GPS: WA State
Miles Typed: 13221

My Photo Gallery

The key to happiness is not giving a fuck anymore.

« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2008, 01:52:10 pm »

(tiptoes quietly out of thread...)  couch

Neal - 2018 H2 SX SE
Webmaster - http://h2sxriders.net - Ride Fast ... Ride Far (more motorcycle discussion than ALL of ST.N 😂)
Weaselette

Reputation 0

Years Contributed: '08
Motorcycles: 2009 Suzuki VStrom 650
GPS: Wenatchee, WA
Miles Typed: 75

My Photo Gallery

ASAT - All Suzukis, All of the Time

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2008, 01:59:45 pm »

Lmao rofl Lmao

Sara (Wenatchee, WA)
'09 Suzuki DL650
Black Ice

Reputation 14

Motorcycles: '04 ZZ-R 1200 "Diana"
GPS: In your head
Miles Typed: 4364

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2008, 03:46:43 pm »

(tiptoes quietly out of thread...)  couch

Hmph.  Men.   Rolleyes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal