Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Hayden - Tough as nails.  (Read 4688 times)

hobbes
You and I have memories longer than the road ahead...

Reputation 13

Years Contributed: '07
GPS: London, UK
Miles Typed: 1540

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2006, 10:53:47 pm »

Not only did he win the MotoGP championship over the greatest rider ever to throw a leg over a bike, but he did it with a bum shoulder.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Nov/061126a.htm

Kudos to Nicky, and he played the right card by not letting anyone know about his shoulder.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

TalkingHead

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 11:05:36 pm »

He's a tough ol' boy.
horse1200s

Reputation 10

GPS: Oak Creek, WI
Miles Typed: 75

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 11:12:40 pm »

Go Nicky! WooHoo!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/krezins2/map.jpg
Bikeless... What's next?
2005 Suzuki DL650 (Sold) 2006 Suzuki Gsx-R 1000  (Sold) 2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200s (Sold) 2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Advertisement

quagmire

Reputation 11

Miles Typed: 81

My Photo Gallery

Giggity, giggity, goo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 07:55:13 am »

Damn straight.  I was lucky enough to see him clinch the title in Valencia Burnout

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m35/fehren2800/spain2006402.jpg
FuturaPilot

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 08:03:41 am »

I have never been so proud to be a fellow Kentuckian!  Everyone should be proud of Nicky, he was a very well spoken ambasador for not only the bluegrass but the US.
Congrats Nicky.
JCIII
ReviveTheWhigs
Researchers in Fairbanks Alaska announced last week that they have discovered a superconductor which will operate at room temperature.

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 66

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 11:56:06 am »

Fractured Shoulder+Bent Metal Plate+World Title = RESPECT

Classy move not to use the shoulder as a crutch for his performance. I love his respect for the sport; I wish more riders would just shut the hell up and ride...

Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent w
Gaolee

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 03:48:34 pm »

Gotta love that kind of grit.  Actually, all of them ride hurt, but Nicky wouldn't let on at all that there was anything was wrong.  Not many would have kept it that quiet when they had a built in excuse for losing to Rossi like Nicky did.  It just proves how badly Nicky wanted to win the championship.  I sure hope he repeats next year, even though I am not much of a H*nda fan.
vguy
moto hedonist

Reputation 4

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: VFR800 and many parts of others
GPS: Los Angeles
Miles Typed: 874

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 02:21:18 am »

Banana Motorsports Wall Art: http://www.owenartstudios.com
Liquidsilver
Ozark Speed Junkee

Reputation 15

GPS: St. Louis, MO (Wildwood)
Miles Typed: 1107

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 01:52:56 pm »

Met him at Laguna Seca, before he had to go through the gauntlet of autograph seekers... I was just standing there quietly, and he came up shook my hand and said, "Do I have to walk through there?"   We laughed.

Then by complete coincidence, I had dinner with his Mom and Dad in Monterey that night!   Class act, all around.   It's very easy to be proud of 'em.

I've also met Tommy and Roger at AMA events.   Nice guys.  
(It sounds like I'm a groupee, but I'm not... I just get to a few races.  Wink )

Golly sakes, I've met Duhammel, Zemke, Hodgeson... ridden with Pridmore and Schwantz... it's another reason I love motorcycle racing.   It seems like they're so much closer to 'regular guys' than the 'superstars' in other sports.

Smile

"Try not to ACT like a senior member"
Jeff N

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 02:06:02 pm »

Quote from: Liquidsilver;4783
Golly sakes, I've met Duhammel, Zemke, Hodgeson... ridden with Pridmore and Schwantz... it's another reason I love motorcycle racing.   It seems like they're so much closer to 'regular guys' than the 'superstars' in other sports.
That's what is great about bike racing. The competitors have a love for bikes and understand a typical fan's love of it, too.

Back in '98 we, the wife and I, met Jay Springsteen after the Rapid City 1/2 mile National. Had a nice conversation and laughed that we were all about the same age (old). If you get the oppurtunity, chat up Aaron Yates; he's always open and available. PF Chili is another cool dude. Troy Bayliss, as he sat under the tarp at the rain-sodden Sears Point AMA National a few years ago, was also quite open and friendly.

If you can make your way past the cuties, the Bostroms will also give you the time of day.

Hell, I don't think I've ever come across an unfriendly bike racer during their free time. But then, I've never met Biaggi.
Liquidsilver
Ozark Speed Junkee

Reputation 15

GPS: St. Louis, MO (Wildwood)
Miles Typed: 1107

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 03:01:18 pm »

Quote from: Jeff N;4807
But then, I've never met Biaggi.

Lmao  Ahhhh... poor Biaggi!   I think people found him to be nice, until that whole Rossi war... EEK!

Smile

"Try not to ACT like a senior member"
keystonejenks

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: 2008 Aprilia Tuono
GPS: Chambersburg, PA
Miles Typed: 3075

My Photo Gallery

C'MON SON!!!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 03:09:33 pm »

Quote from: Liquidsilver;4783
Golly sakes, I've met Duhammel, Zemke, Hodgeson... ridden with Pridmore and Schwantz... it's another reason I love motorcycle racing. It seems like they're so much closer to 'regular guys' than the 'superstars' in other sports.

Zemke!! Thumbsup  He called me "hard core" because I rode my bike 500+ miles (300 in the rain) to check out the races. He proceeded to just shoot the breeze w/ me.  

I'm easy to please so that day he became my second favorite rider. If had only spoken to me 45 minutes earlier, he would have beaten John Haner to the punch. Lol
DogBoy
West Texas Teardrop

Reputation 106

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09
Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, KTM450SMR, CRF230F
GPS: Sacramento, Ca
Miles Typed: 10066

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 04:21:45 pm »

More news on Nicky's injury on Superbikeplanet.com: click here

Those Haydens are tough. Remember Tommy winning the 600ss title with his broken hand in '05? The team made that huge grip and his hand looked like it was swollen to twice its size...for about two months.

Note: 1KPerDay approved signature lines below.
vguy
moto hedonist

Reputation 4

Years Contributed: '07, '08
Motorcycles: VFR800 and many parts of others
GPS: Los Angeles
Miles Typed: 874

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 04:40:34 pm »

Quote from: Jeff N;4807
But then, I've never met Biaggi.

He very politely asked me to vacate his pit row tent at Laguna in '94.

Banana Motorsports Wall Art: http://www.owenartstudios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal