Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: What did everyone do saturday?  (Read 6880 times)

bulabula
skimmer

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: Suzi B12S
GPS: near BWI airport, MD
Miles Typed: 83

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 09:04:29 am »

Spent the weekend roaming around West Virginia checking out possiblities for a house/cabin.  I did it in my TDI Jetta and not a motorcycle - almost got stuck in the mud at one point.

Saw tons of Harleys on the road (I'd say 85% of the bikes), the rest were a scattering of everything else.  Did see one blue/white Suzuki TL that got my blood going.....

Chris
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

RBEmerson
Repaired but not refurbed

Reputation 32

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: '17 FJR 1300ES, (lamented) '03 BMW K1200RS
GPS: Skippack, PA, USA
Miles Typed: 3747

My Photo Gallery

In Witness Relocation...

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 09:51:19 am »

Sigh... spent Sat. caging it through Delmarva but had a good time with friends anyway.  I got in only about 20 miles Sun., doing some go-ferring, but at least I rode.   Razz  Anyway, point is, I stopped at Maxxed Cycle Monday (big shout out for Rich at Maxxed Cycle in Lansdale!  Thumbsup Thumbsup) partly to do some business and partly to just see what's up.  He had a GSX on the floor with a seriously smashed front end - me: "So, is that from this weekend?"  Rich:"Nah.  I've been expecting calls about the weekend but so far nobody's called with a wreck".  That that's strange!   Bigsmile

It's taken me entirely too long to develop a sense of patience.
shah269

Reputation -65226

Miles Typed: 9

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 12:51:20 pm »

I FOUND SOME KILLER COUNTRY ROADS!
I'm talking long sweepers in the valleys and some sick sick switch back stuff in the hills!
At one point I was hanging off the bike in this long left hander laughing like a lunatic and thinking of putting my knee  down when I realized how amazing the road was!
Picture this two yah TWO S bends one right after the other, clear road, slight elevation changes and on either side were these 5 foot tall white wooden fences! It was sick! And the speed limit was 50mph! One hick up one scratchy ball and I would have been shish kebab! It was great! I think I gave the cows that were looking at me a good show. The looser in the minivan that was coming at me in the other lane looked as if he was ready to kill him self! It was great! Laying that fat piggy GPZ on its side like that!
I've lived in this area for about 4 years and had never seen this road before. Like I said I was totally out of it, no map no clue where the hell I was going or what I was going to do when I got there! It was GREAT!
I would come to a fork in the road and which ever one looked the sickest I picked! It was great!
But it did get me into a bit of trouble, a number of the roads I ended up on weren't of the best quality. Tight country roads winding flat with trees on both sides with tons tarmac damage and or little rocks. So I had a few "OH HO" moments. Almost got into about two tank slappers due to going over a bump at high speed and landing on uneven surface . But gunned the engine out of it with out a problem.  The closest I cam to bighting it was when I was on this uphill section, and I'm talking straight up this one mountain side that had a number of undulations and all of a sudden with out warning the dam road turned hard left! Ok yah it was a 35mph road and here I was flying low at a brisk 50mph. But still! A sign would have been nice! So with the front wheel up I had to grab the rear a bit put pressure on the front and down shift like mad to be able to go threw the corner with out ending up in some ones front lawn.  Maybe next time the temperature picks up again or maybe in the spring I'll try to replicate the rout I took and write down directions so that others can enjoy the same ride that I had.
Advertisement

Seahawk80
Devastatingly Handsome

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 46

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 03:40:03 pm »

About 120 miles around the country lanes and hills surrounding the Lehigh Valley.  Then went to watch my 'Hawks play one of the wildest playoff games in memory. Thumbsup

'05 ZZR600
CSBA #814
Darkrider

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 02 Ducati Monster 750IE Dark
GPS: Central CT
Miles Typed: 121

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 06:21:14 pm »

I hung out with the kids on Saturday while the wife shopped.

I road for a few hours on Sunday though.  It was sunny in the 50's.  Who am I to complain about that?

Everyone was out either driving slowly or walking their dogs.

Tom.
Hab Sauz
Happily Lost

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2001 Triumph Sprint ST
Miles Typed: 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 08:03:49 pm »

Was out too, plotted a route into some areas that I have not ridden before and just got lost. I think I rolled only about 175mi since I started at lunch (due to prior SWMBO chores). I saw lots of bikes around the main roads, but only a few on the cowpaths that I was mostly on.

Reading here, seems like the whole VA contigent was out. My route followed the James River...basically Razz.
With_him

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Just sold off 83 Virago 750, and looking for deal
Miles Typed: 184

My Photo Gallery

And you think your bike is a piece of ...

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 12:16:06 pm »

Sadly I just looked at my malfunctioning solenoid and starter and waited for parts to arrive that might or might not fix it.

TO DO LIST:
<!--Insert witty comment here-->
jstark47

Reputation 13

Years Contributed: '10
Motorcycles: 05 V-Strom 1000 (for sale), 03 Trophy 1200, 09 F650GS (wife's), 12 Tiger 800
GPS: Lumberton, NJ
Miles Typed: 521

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 01:44:25 pm »

jstark......I think I met you and your wife in Tabernacle at a garden market and I was riding my Buell hero blue City-X.  I was looking to get some coffee and you were talking to me about your new Vstrom.  Do you remember me?

Tankhead- Yes, I do.  That was in front of Russo's market in Tabernacle.  That was back before Thanksgiving, wasn't it?  Kathy had a load of apples in the Trophy's top box (!) for making pies.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal