Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Ipod Remote Help  (Read 4230 times)

cyjo

Reputation 12

Motorcycles: 2002 Bandit 1200S
GPS: Thurmont, MD
Miles Typed: 766

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2007, 02:20:51 pm »

I used to have an ipod with the remote that plugged into the top of the ipod and then I connected my headphones to the remote wire. Since then, my ipod was stolen and I replaced it with a newer video model of the ipod and the old remote doesn't work because of the lack of the additional port on the top. Is anyone aware of a similar replacement that works with the new ipod? I see that apple has one that includes a radio receiver but you can't charge the ipod at the same time. So what I need is something that will allow me to leave the ipod in the tank bag and still be able to control the volume, pause, etc. Any ideas?

“More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination.” - Wilbur Wright
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

dinolee

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 02:54:26 pm »

I think Griffin makes an alternate Air Click model that attaches from the bottom, should fit the newer generations and mini's:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclickdock/

But, I also think this one prevents you from charging the unit with it in place. Sad
Guy

Reputation 19

Years Contributed: '07, '09
Miles Typed: 2375

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 05:17:09 pm »

I think Griffin makes an alternate Air Click model that attaches from the bottom, should fit the newer generations and mini's:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclickdock/

But, I also think this one prevents you from charging the unit with it in place. Sad

The remote does keep it from being charged while the reciever is plugged in  Sad , however the remote is RF (radio frequency) as opposed to infrared, and so the Ipod can be in your jacket/pocket/out of sight, and the remote will continue to work.
Advertisement

Thunder7
Whompamagoose

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: '02 Triumph Trophy
Miles Typed: 2244

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 05:30:21 pm »

Here is what you are looking for:

http://www.abtech2.com/iJetBottomDock.htm

It plugs into the bottom, but also allows for the charger to plug into it.

Ya just whomp dat sucka right up da ol' schmegeggie.
Mr Sunshine

Reputation -14

Years Contributed: '06, '09
GPS: Redmond, Wa
Miles Typed: 7538

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 05:44:32 pm »

Here is what you are looking for:

http://www.abtech2.com/iJetBottomDock.htm

It plugs into the bottom, but also allows for the charger to plug into it.

Looks like a winner for the bike considering the remotes are water resistant.  Thumbsup
cyjo

Reputation 12

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 08:28:25 pm »

That looks to be it. I just ordered it off Amazon, and with a gift certificate I had it cost me $16. I will let everyone know how it works once I have it. It would be cool to have a water resistant remote to boot. Thanks everyone!

“More than anything else the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination.” - Wilbur Wright
Thunder7
Whompamagoose

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 08:32:34 pm »

The makers of the Ijet remotes is a good supportive company if my initial conversation with one of the partners is any indication.

I called with a question about their 2-way remote which I have and had all concerns addressed.

bluedogok
Ride to Eat - Eat to Ride

Reputation 8

Motorcycles: 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
GPS: Aurora, Colorado
Miles Typed: 629

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 04:12:07 pm »

I have one of AirClick remotes that work on the top port for my 40gb 4G iPod, I have the remote strapped to the handlebar and have had no problems with water resistance...yet. I am considering upgrading to the 80gb so the iJet looks like an improved AirClick since you can run the power cord into it. The only question is the bottom dock remote looks different and is not listed as waterproof, the top dock remote is the one listed as waterproof.

Scott
Thunder7
Whompamagoose

Reputation 11

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 04:22:19 pm »

I have one of AirClick remotes that work on the top port for my 40gb 4G iPod, I have the remote strapped to the handlebar and have had no problems with water resistance...yet. I am considering upgrading to the 80gb so the iJet looks like an improved AirClick since you can run the power cord into it. The only question is the bottom dock remote looks different and is not listed as waterproof, the top dock remote is the one listed as waterproof.

The Ipod isnt waterproof so why would you be using it out in the open?

Rhythm

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2003 Hayabusa
Miles Typed: 189

My Photo Gallery

Ride til U die.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 05:04:48 pm »

I think he saying the remote will be exposed to the open not the actual ipod.
I just confirmed with an Ijet rep that the remote is water resistant and will have no ill effect when using it in the rain. Personally I would tuck the remote  somwhere behind my windscreen along with my radar thats never gotten wet when riding in the rain in the last year of riding.

Advanced Bridging Technologies, Inc.
5817 Dryden Place Suite 104
Carlsbad, CA 92008
888-869-4737

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Rhythm_1/RhythmTourBike.jpg
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 05:09:52 pm by Rhythm » Logged

cyjo

Reputation 12

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 04:49:25 pm »

I just got my ijet. Although I haven't tested it on the bike, it allows me to do everything I wanted and a little more. In addition to skipping a song entirely if you hold down the next button, it fast forwards through the song. Very cool. The buttons seem big enough to reach with my gloves and the fact that it is water proof means I will keep the remote tied to the tank bag. Thanks for everyone's help. I will let you know once I go for a ride what it is like.

Rhythm

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2003 Hayabusa
Miles Typed: 189

My Photo Gallery

Ride til U die.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 09:00:06 pm »

Thumbsup Good to hear !

zzr pilot

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 582

My Photo Gallery

2003 PMB ZZR 1200 (the fastest color!)

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 11:41:28 am »

Just a note of caution.  I have an iPod Nano and the iJet marketing info states it is compatible with the Nano.  I ordered one and found that when the bottom dock is connected to the Nano, the earbud hole is covered.

I called the company and talked to a guy named Jeremy.  He was helpful in that he apologized for the mix up as technically the iJet is compatible with the Nano if using it through your home theatre system.  he advised me that he would replace the iJet with a model that would allow me to use the earbud outlet.

Very helpful company and very quick to address concerns.  I have since sent back the iJet and the other item will be sent to me as soon as they receive the iJet.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entire
bluedogok
Ride to Eat - Eat to Ride

Reputation 8

Motorcycles: 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
GPS: Aurora, Colorado
Miles Typed: 629

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 09:43:19 pm »

I always have the iPod in either the tankbag or my jacket so it is always protected. I have no need to see the screen, I just put it on shuffle and if something comes up that I don't want to hear I can change to the next track. If I need to change something else, I do it while I am stopped.

Scott
bandit-o

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 03:49:46 pm »

I wanted to bump this thread to see how users of the ijet remote are using the remote controller?  I'm trying to figure out the best place to locate the remote and not have to fumble around for it?  Has anyone tried to secure to their handlebars?  I just bought the ijet bottom dock and like the concept but have not had a opportunity to go riding with it yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal