Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono  (Read 33514 times)

MisterSmooth
Hallie and Harper's Dad

Reputation 25

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09
Years Supported: '11, '12, '13
Motorcycles: 2013 Aprilia RSV4, 2009 BMW K1300S, 2005 Tuono Factory, 2006 Vespa LX150 (hers)
GPS: Seattle
Miles Typed: 2627

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2009, 10:36:59 pm »

Oh, and $8,700 is dirt cheap.  If you want one, jump on that.  Cool

Purebred liter-sized Italian exotica with a two year warranty for the price of a Japanese 600cc supersport?  Sometimes the recession ain't so bad.  

I found out that people really do say "Oh shit" right before they die.  -Major 662

It feels like our culture’s need to exhibit poor taste in music, excessive drug use, and exorbitant wealth are being stripped away one by one.    -J. E. Johnson VIII
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 86

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton, '16 BMW R1200RS
GPS: Western N.C.
Miles Typed: 14347

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 04:59:58 am »

It's not broken in yet............it will get MUCH better.

that jogged my memory.

while I didn't have a problem with false neutrals, the transmission did feel kind of rough or tight.

it did get smoother as the miles accumulated  Thumbsup

atadaskew

Reputation 155

Motorcycles: A Vethpa and thome other thcooter
GPS: Venice Beach, California.
Miles Typed: 11826

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 05:10:33 pm »

My goal is to be able to ride up to a given stop, get off the bike and walk away with all my gear.  No tank bag, no luggage, just me, the bike and a backpack of some kind.

A little thread jack.. but you don't carry any type of emergency tools eg flat tyre repair kit with compressor? I know people who just use a AAA card and credit card for this, but sometimes stuff happens out of cell phone range and/or you don't want to wait 3 hours for the truck to show up.

I'm hip about time, I just gotta go.
Advertisement

Orson
speshulize in havin' fun

Reputation 86

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: '02 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, '04 Triumph Thruxton, '16 BMW R1200RS
GPS: Western N.C.
Miles Typed: 14347

My Photo Gallery

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 05:15:04 pm »

Hard luggage?  Well, the BMW's is ace.  But I tour with less and less stuff as the years wear on.  My goal is to be able to ride up to a given stop, get off the bike and walk away with all my gear.  No tank bag, no luggage, just me, the bike and a backpack of some kind.

that's also my goal, however, I prefer a tank bag to a backpack  Smile

Dave the slave

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: 2006 pearly white VFR
GPS: Nirvana
Miles Typed: 768

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2009, 08:43:15 pm »

Okay, I'm this -><- close to buying a Tuono Factory....  I'm not quite there.... anyone wanna try and push me over the edge OR bring me back from the edge of insanity??!!!

Remember - If at first you don't succeed... don't go skydiving.
traveler

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: Honda VFR 2000
Miles Typed: 1810

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2009, 08:54:10 pm »

Push Lol

Just do it and get it over with. You know you want it.

Simple.
Buy. Ride. Enjoy.
Virginian

Reputation 16

Years Contributed: '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '15 KTM 1290 Super Adventure, '09 Yamaha Tmax
GPS: The Virginian
Miles Typed: 1984

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 08:47:19 am »

Dave the slave... dude!!!11!!1! Go demo it one more time and the push will come from the Tuono! Sweet bike at a sweet deal with a rock solid drive train. What color combo is it?

Eric

When the world ends, the only thing left will be cockroaches riding Guzzis. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/garrysimmons/MotoPhoto2009/BurgerRun2009/BurgerRun2009_128.jpg
scottzilla

Reputation -56

Years Contributed: '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: CBR1100XX, 33hp oversized dirt bike, 08 Tuono
GPS: NY
Miles Typed: 8809

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 09:11:26 am »

Took a test ride yesterday.  It was pretty short, but here are some really quick observations of a few minor issues.  Please tell me what you have done for solutions to these minor issues:

Okay - the rear brake really DOES suck.  Worst rear brake I have ever tried, it was literally non-existent (this solution I already know)
Low RPM fueling surged a bit (is PCIII needed or are there other ECU fixes for this?)
Geared to high (obvious fix - but what gearing is recommended?)
Difficult to find neutral (except when I DIDN'T want to find neutral  Rolleyes )
Mirrors seemed to lack the adjustment that I needed (maybe more fiddling would solve this one)

That's it.

Otherwise a very nice SOLID feeling ride.  Does $8700 sound fair for a total OTD price?  Finally, how do I know if it's a 2007 or a 2007.5?

Thanks everyone, if I get this new ride I'll start a new thread and post up pics! Cool

I am about to commit a serious crime: I will speak openly and honestly about my Aprilia experience. Lol
First, leave the rear brake alone.  WTH are you thinking? Lol  Rear brakes are supposed to suck because they do nothing to stop the bike.  If you want to supermoto the thing, that's another story. Bigsmile
The low end surge comes from the bike being EPA compliant.  Go to AF1racing and read about the simple way to uncork the thing.  Problem solved.
You can also read about the various reasons the bike doesn't want to find neutral at AF1 but having owned a Falco for a few years I can tell you I found this to be a pain in the ass.  The clutch slave sucks and needs to be replaced every 7-10,000 miles.  This is a $200 part (If memory serves) and the system needs to be bled frequently (Figure at least twice per riding season).  This is easy to do and requires little time.  Shifting action is greatly improved once the clutch is properly bled.  The Tuono uses the same vacuum operated back-torque limiting clutch as the Falco.  I believe this has something to do with why the bike doesn't like to find neutral.  A few times on the Falco I had to kill the engine to find neutral so this supports my theory.
I think $8700 is pretty damned good.  Buy the thing. Wink

They're finding dead bodies where I ride.

The Wrath of Con Pt. 4 "One thing is for sure however, I will never publicly promote or let it be known that I am a member of STN again".
fxrbill

Reputation 2

Motorcycles: 2006 ST1300A, 2002 SL1000 Falco
GPS: Boise Id
Miles Typed: 415

My Photo Gallery

AKA Gem STate ST

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 02:28:15 pm »

Okay, I'm this -><- close to buying a Tuono Factory....  I'm not quite there.... anyone wanna try and push me over the edge OR bring me back from the edge of insanity??!!!

Okay it's been 8 days,I'm waiting for the pics. Razz Razz

One less Harley
Dave the slave

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: 2006 pearly white VFR
GPS: Nirvana
Miles Typed: 768

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 07:52:14 pm »

Okay it's been 8 days,I'm waiting for the pics. Razz Razz

right right!!!  Sorry I've been distracted, I got a bunch of swag for my ZX10R and I've been installing stuff etc.  As for the Tuono Factory, it's a no go... just to damned expensive.  BUT the Tuono here locally for $8700 is still on the table.  I just haven't moved on it.  Truth be told I want a "different bike"  so the Tuono, KTM Super Duke, and Speed Triple are all in the running.  the biggest issue I have with buying Aprilia is there is only ONE dealer in my state... and I don't think they're really great.

Remember - If at first you don't succeed... don't go skydiving.
Sean

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 07 GSXR, 08 Tuono
Miles Typed: 179

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2009, 03:02:36 pm »

that jogged my memory.

while I didn't have a problem with false neutrals, the transmission did feel kind of rough or tight.

it did get smoother as the miles accumulated  Thumbsup

I had the false neutrals on my 7.5, but they were able to fix it for me at no cost.  
ASV levers solved the late clutch engagement issue and they look sweet too.

I never ride the gsxr anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal