Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Now here is a real sport tourer  (Read 23528 times)

chornbe

« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2008, 02:54:12 pm »

Seeing that I am not a bigot, such things do not bother me.

Agreed. Oh, and I happen to know a few riders who are both gay *and* BMW owners. So... ya know...

So, this past weekend we had the Gay Pride Parade. This years was huge since they allowed gay marriage in CA.

There were an unusually large number of Dykes on Bikes.

Dykes choose Harley's, any Harley from A to Z. Those dentists with the skull & crossbones Tee shirts better start shopping another brand.

But more importantly, do Harley fanboys ever wonder about that?

rofl rofl rofl

You're a putz.

If Harleys are the choice of "dykes", then I guess BMWs HAVE to be the choice of "fags".

Wow, this thread is crashing fast. Go figure.
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

bikerfish1100
Can't reMember

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: 2001 R1100S, 2016 R1200GS 3-Black, 1978 R100S BMW project bike
GPS: Northern Front Range, CO
Miles Typed: 1751

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2008, 02:55:39 pm »

ya know, you boys get talkin' 'bout fast running Harleys, and getting all on it in the twisties, and bout all I can see is this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujWSIFoe94&feature=related
Johnny Monsoon

Reputation -116

Years Contributed: '07
Miles Typed: 3621

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2008, 06:33:18 pm »

You have not shown me anything. You act like no one has heard of the XR750 or Storz? Give me a break dude. Oh, thank you for stating the facts to us Mr/. Obvious!  Rolleyes None of us XL owners had ever heard of the XR750 or Storz until you came along!  Rolleyes Lol

You made unsubstantiated claims about the 2009 lineup and XR. I corrected you on them. You got upset you were corrected, but have since provided no counterpoint. What, are you going to challenge me that the lineups are not released at the same time, same meeting, every year? Challenge me that Harley bought the XR1200 trademark from Storz? Challenge me on the current pricing disparity between the XL Roadster in US and UK? Good luck with all that.

You're just getting wadded up, unnecessarily, that I corrected you. Go back to your first posts on this whole 2009 deal and read forward. You're flat out wrong. Man up, admit it, and move on.

I didn't get upset about being corrected, little one.  I take my lumps; I had looked at the 2007 model page (which on most other sites is showing only 2008, and it allowed a 'jump' to the 2008 models.  I made a silly assumption that HD would be looking into the future a bit... what was I thinking?!? Lol

Your insistence that I'm somehow upset is hysterical though.  I can't begin to imagine why you're so fixated on an idea that is so far from the truth.
Advertisement

Johnny Monsoon

Reputation -116

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2008, 06:36:48 pm »

Perhaps, but it would be boring as @#$@#.

BTW, you think a stock 750 snorehawk will make 80HP and 70TQ? Headscratch

Nope.  I wouldn't buy either, really.  Neither one is my cuppa...
Johnny Monsoon

Reputation -116

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2008, 06:38:53 pm »

I hear what you're saying. But I wouldn't call the Big Twins 'low power' in comparison to the Sportsters. The new 96" engine is pretty spectacular right out of the crate. The problem is that a lot of the BT-powered bikes are big, heavy and have a longer wheelbase and rake (because they're purpose built machines for cruising and touring).

A good rider on a base Dyna with the new BT, the Sportster is getting the jump off the line but that's all. The Dyna will walk all over it and (again, a good rider) the turns won't really be any help to the Sportster. No, that is *not* universal across all the BT lines. I'm talking the stripped down Dyna Superglide and the Custom here (bikes I've ridden in comparison to the Sportie when I was buying). The touring frame bikes aren't fast, but will be quite the surprise to the first-time riders in their surprisingly nimble handling.

I agree with you when comparing the Sporty to Big Twins (power wise), but the Big Twins make pretty modest power by most other motorcycle standards these days.  And, the Sporties have a better power to weight ratio.  That's all I'm sayin'.
CosmicHD

Reputation 0

Miles Typed: 683

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2008, 10:23:22 pm »

I didn't get upset about being corrected, little one.  I take my lumps; I had looked at the 2007 model page (which on most other sites is showing only 2008, and it allowed a 'jump' to the 2008 models.  I made a silly assumption that HD would be looking into the future a bit... what was I thinking?!? Lol

Your insistence that I'm somehow upset is hysterical though.  I can't begin to imagine why you're so fixated on an idea that is so far from the truth.

All right. Fair enough. NO BIG DEAL, eh?

And hey, we can just wait a month and see. The 2009 models will be announced at the end of July. Not too long to wait.

I certainly hope all the indications are true and they bring the XR1200 to the States. Harley needs a makeover for the entire line. Too many models, too many choices.

My personal opinion is they should collapse the VROD and Sporty line into a single line and focus it completely on making a higher tech, Sportster. Use everything they learned with Porsche for the VRODs and anything they can get off of Buell. There really is no reason why they should not do it. Of course, who knows. They are making a ton of dough so they know what's best.  Rolleyes
sporttourer

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Concours
Miles Typed: 110

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2008, 10:44:38 pm »

Tell me more about the Busa killer from Milwuakee....

If it were truly common sense, we would all have it.
Johnny Monsoon

Reputation -116

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2008, 10:50:53 pm »

All right. Fair enough. NO BIG DEAL, eh?

And hey, we can just wait a month and see. The 2009 models will be announced at the end of July. Not too long to wait.

I certainly hope all the indications are true and they bring the XR1200 to the States. Harley needs a makeover for the entire line. Too many models, too many choices.

My personal opinion is they should collapse the VROD and Sporty line into a single line and focus it completely on making a higher tech, Sportster. Use everything they learned with Porsche for the VRODs and anything they can get off of Buell. There really is no reason why they should not do it. Of course, who knows. They are making a ton of dough so they know what's best.  Rolleyes

They have bikes that fill the performance niche already; Buells.  The Rotax folks are taking care of business now...
CosmicHD

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2008, 11:11:23 pm »

They have bikes that fill the performance niche already; Buells.  The Rotax folks are taking care of business now...

Sure, they own Buell. But Buells are not HDs.

HD sells retro-styling. They do not sell performance, they sell retro styling and a unique riding experience. It is much like buying a mint '69 Stingray. Sure, you could buy a new Porsche that would blow it away -- but that does not take away from the  fun ride the '69 muscle car would be.  And that is what HD's are selling.

There is no reason HD cannot take the Buell technology and give it retro styling. No reason at all. And i think that is the direction they are going in. But it will be a slow, incremental change. Hell, it was just this year they offerred Brembo ABS brakes on their tourers. Just last year the XL's went to FI only. HD moves at a snails pace.

Hell, they could have taken the XR1200 and done a lot of other things to it. It is a good first step in the right direction and head and shoulders above the current XL line.
sporttourer

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Concours
Miles Typed: 110

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2008, 11:20:23 pm »

HD sells retro-styling. They do not sell performance, they sell retro styling and a unique riding experience. It is much like buying a mint '69 Stingray. Sure, you could buy a new Porsche that would blow it away -- but that does not take away from the  fun ride the '69 muscle car would be.  And that is what HD's are selling.

There is no reason HD cannot take the Buell technology and give it retro styling. No reason at all. And i think that is the direction they are going in. But it will be a slow, incremental change. Hell, it was just this year they offerred Brembo ABS brakes on their tourers. Just last year the XL's went to FI only. HD moves at a snails pace.

Hell, they could have taken the XR1200 and done a lot of other things to it. It is a good first step in the right direction and head and shoulders above the current XL line.

Geez, I never would have figured the connection between a 69 Stingray and an HD. Sort of like the whole six degrees of seperation I suppose. Where the hell does Kevin Bacon fit in to all of this?

Another ridiculous statement, no doubt. Lol

If it were truly common sense, we would all have it.
Johnny Monsoon

Reputation -116

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2008, 08:17:10 am »

Like Toyota doesn't sell Lexus, or Nissan doesn't sell Infinity, or Honda doesn't sell Acura...
chornbe

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2008, 08:25:29 am »

Where the hell does Kevin Bacon fit in to all of this?

Here <-- https://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,27596.0.html
olderigetfasteriam

Reputation 9

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: Kawasaki Concours, Honda VTR 250
GPS: Scarizona
Miles Typed: 2235

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2008, 09:58:16 am »

Perfect.
Geoff

Reputation 5

Motorcycles: Harley Fat Boy, Honda ST1100
GPS: Northern Illinois
Miles Typed: 1847

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2008, 02:18:24 pm »

I say that Harley pureists will dismiss you faster than you can say Honda on that bike.

If you're talking about the XR1200, you couldn't be more wrong. Visit HD Forums.com. Check out how many people are whining about the bike not being available in the states.
CosmicHD

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2008, 03:17:11 pm »

Like Toyota doesn't sell Lexus, or Nissan doesn't sell Infinity, or Honda doesn't sell Acura...

That is not the point. The Buell lines and HD lines are radically different in terms of styling. People who like HD do not necessarily like Buell and vice versa. So for HD to fit this niche, it needed to be an HD, not a Buell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal