Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Is this SV650 deal as good as I think it is??  (Read 9044 times)

prez
Master of mediocrity

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 03 SV650S, 79 GS750E new tourer, 78 GS750E rolling rebuild
Miles Typed: 109

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 06:56:41 pm »

400+ mile days on the S model SV is a push.  The problem with the nake model will be wind blast.

I'd agree, my best on my S was 350 with OEM gel seat......then I got some Hawk GT clip-ons, good for 500. I've since purchased a set of LP v360 adjustable footpegs for a GSXR 600/750, allows me to drop 1" for ST duty, or raise 1" for trackday & tight twisties like Deal's Gap/Shady Valley. Hope to get 700-750 mile days this coming season, with the new lower pegs.

BTW it's a great deal, unless it has flood damage or something hidden.

Let the farkles begin Bigok

Those pegs are no longer in production, once they're gone, they're gone. Hawk bars are harder to find these days, but still less expensive than HELI or Convertibars. Other than that, all it really needs is a centerstand.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 07:03:28 pm by prez » Logged
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

rfulcher

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 07 FJR
GPS: Florence, SC
Miles Typed: 154

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 08:22:33 pm »

I have had a chance to put maybe 40 miles on it and I am very pleased with the bike. At interstate speeds it is my smoothest bike Bigok. I have a Bandit 1200S, a Concours, and my wife has a Bandit 600, the SV is really supposed to be her bike eventually. However the ergos are a bit tight for a 6 foot 210 lb guy. I think the compact layout will really be cool when to get it on some tight twisty mtn roads.

Ross
prez
Master of mediocrity

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 03 SV650S, 79 GS750E new tourer, 78 GS750E rolling rebuild
Miles Typed: 109

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 08:01:38 am »

I have had a chance to put maybe 40 miles on it and I am very pleased with the bike. At interstate speeds it is my smoothest bike Bigok.........However the ergos are a bit tight for a 6 foot 210 lb guy. I think the compact layout will really be cool when to get it on some tight twisty mtn roads.

Ross

Doh, you've got a naked, I'm  Crazy. I'm 5'11" 175, so you can understand why I changed mine. My S' current ergos are comparable to the naked's. I've ridden a friend's 919, and up to 80 wind blast was unnoticable, the SV shouldn't be much different.

I was tossing around the idea of getting a ST or full tourer as a second bike this year, but with a couple more farkles, including: centerstand, MRA vario touringscreen, a Zumo, new BT cell phone, Nolon N-Com Helmet, and some more luggage; Est. $1,800 or less, The SVS would be a very capable solo sport tourer. Leaving me to easily afford a nice used SV naked, all for about the same cost as a new SVS...nearly half, or less, the cost of any ST on the market. Hmmmm  Headscratch.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal