Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Test rode an '08 Bandit 1250 S today  (Read 42234 times)

Steve Smith

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2008 1250S Bandit
Miles Typed: 164

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2008, 01:19:22 am »

My wife and I agree it's time to get a bike more suited for our two up riding. My trusty '04 919 is a nice fun bike, but to small and to buzzy. Tested a just traded in 3,400 mile '08 Bandit 1250S. I never owned a Suzy and don't really care for Gixxers or Busas. Plus, I still have my custom '03 XX.

I gotta tell you all I was VERY impressed with the Bandit! What a sweet ride! Good power down low and high up ( had it up to an indicated 136 m.p.h. on the hi-way before traffic made me bring her down to a more sane speed). Comfortable, A LOT smoother than my 919 ever was, well thought out,decent wind protection and very good looking in the dark silver metallic. Plus, VERY resonably priced! Hell, what's not to like?

Before I commit to buying one, I'd like any first hand feedback from owners of '07s or '08s.
What's factory listed h.p.? Any 1/4 mile times or magazine articles I should know about?
Any quirks?

thanks in advance.....
Steve
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Mr.Black

Reputation 153

Years Contributed: '09, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '08 GSF1250
GPS: 01543
Miles Typed: 18512

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 06:03:01 am »

I have 1000 mi on my new 08. Its the sweetest ride, comfortable ,fast and quiet. It handles the corners well and the acceleration is impressive. No complaints on performance. I'm still looking for the specs you mentioned and will be interested in the responses you get. The only issue I have is the windscreen has an annoying vibration at 2800 - 3500 rpm, from time to time. Ive taken this issue to the dealer they'll "get back to me". In the meantime a couple of small well placed pieces of clear rubber tubing cut to fit seem to alleviate this minor issue.
John Thumbsup

Sig lines used to be fun.
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:30:36 am »

Thanks John. Any chance your aware of any mags that did a test on the '07s or '08s? I'm not looking for the performance of a Busa or ZX14, I just love to drag race street bikes., plus if I want to hustle down the 1/4 mile at a good clip I have my '03 XX. The low end torque was pretty impressive I thought. The new '09s only come in blue and of course the list price went up  ( I think) by $600. Love the look of the red '07s!

Steve
Advertisement

bungie4

Reputation 21

Motorcycles: 2013 Yamaha FJR, 2013 CRF250L
GPS: Sudbury Ontario
Miles Typed: 841

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 11:52:41 am »

Cycle Canada did a test of the 1250 last year. After reading it, and a review on Motorcycle Experience on TSN (I ended up meeting the test rider at the Parry Sound Sport Bike Rally) I went shopping for one. Could've got a new 08 out the door for $8999.

I ended finding the FJR though that I lusted over for years. I'm happy. But the Bandit was a strong contender!

-Steve
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad Help when you need it www.assistancelist.com
MadMax96
Old Skool Forever

Reputation 5

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Motorcycles: 2014 FJR1300A
GPS: Round Lake, IL
Miles Typed: 1273

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 12:01:52 pm »

Here's the article from Motorcylist:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_0705_suzuki_bandit_1250s/index.html

Peak horsepower is only around 100hp like the old bike, but the peak torque has increased to 79 lb-ft and is available at 3700rpm...niice.  For people who strictly look at the numbers, this doesn't seem like much (horse)power since it develops less hp than a 600 supersport... but this bike is all about torque as you already know.  Bigsmile

The new 1250 seems like a great bike, but not enough difference for me to trade up my trusty '99 model (assuming I had the coin anyway).

-Matt
stefrrr

Reputation 7

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: Only one
GPS: At the bottom of a hill with a name
Miles Typed: 6584

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 12:31:11 pm »

About the torque delivery - if you look at the chart, you'll see that the curve is something like this:

That's an exaggeration, of course, but once you get above about 1500, it'll go.  Thumbsup

The bandit is deceptively agile. It handles really well in parking lots, stays planted on the highway, and handles curvy roads really, really well. It's a great bike. Sure you don't want to buy an SV1000?  Wink

Before he got the SV1000, Ray had a 919. He's switched over to the Bandit, but he still talks longingly about the 919. He doesn't really have to worry about two up riding though.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:32:43 pm by stefrrr » Logged
Jetpilot5

Reputation 22

Motorcycles: 2022 Ducati Multistrada V4S
GPS: Bloomington, IL
Miles Typed: 1765

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 03:23:31 pm »

How would you say the Bandit compares to your XX?  I owned an 02 XX before I bought my current bike and before the new Bandit 1250 was introduced.  I looked at the old 1200 Bandit but really wanted to stay with liquid cooling, fuel injection etc.

Region 4 Meet 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 | CSTN 07 | ST.N National 08, 10, 12 | Region 4 Track Day 09
Jeets

Reputation 69

Motorcycles: Connie
GPS: Pottstown, PA
Miles Typed: 509

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 04:03:15 pm »

Eat your heart out Steve!

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/jeets_photos/001.jpg

She's got over 11k mi on her, enough said.  Though I am considering trading her for an '09 Concourse in black.  Nothing wrong with her  just time for a new lady.  What is a guy suppose to do if he cannot trade in his wife every other year, huh?

Jeets

Ken

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: 2009 Honda Goldwing & 2002 Honda CBR954RR
GPS: New York
Miles Typed: 384

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 09:41:38 pm »

Hi Steve,

Last summer I traded in a 919 and picked up a 1250SA and haven't looked back. It's the best bike I've ever owned and still brings a broad grin to my face every time I ride it.

Here's my post from last year with first impressions:
https://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,13367.0.html

Since then I've added Holeshot's Stage 1 and it really took it up a notch. Now, Dale is nearly ready to release a new header. His Dyno charts are showing 135 HP and 95 ft lbs. Amazing increase in performance.

My wife and daughter ride with me regularly and both love the Bandit. It's smooth, comfortable, powerful, and has very nice range thanks to 48MPG and a 5 gallon tank.

I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have about the Bandit or contrasts between the 919 and the Bandit!

Ken

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
Canuck

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: 2014 Triumph Tiger 800, 72 Bonneville, 69 Royal Enfield Interceptor
GPS: Saskatchewan Canada
Miles Typed: 786

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:48 pm »

I bought a new one this Spring after crashing my V-Strom. Mine was the Canadian Special Edition with hard bags, lower fairing, ABS. I've installed heated grips, after market windshield, and V-Strom handguards, plus a top case and top case rack.

It now has about 13,000 km (7800 m) on it, and I took it on a 16-day 9000 km (5400 m) trip this summer. I really like this bike in many, many ways. Torque is incredible with a really flat line. Wonderful for the street. Handles quite well, but within the limitations of its suspension. It's not a sport bike.

If you are looking for a hot quarter mile bike, I'm not sure this is what you want. If you want a sport-tourer that will save you money and, with improvements like luggage and heated grips, be nearly as good as  more expensive S-T bikes, then this is a good choice.

The one thing I need to fix still is the seat. It isn't comfortable enough on long days in the saddle.

This is purely personal, but I think I liked the V-Strom better. I can't explain why, but I think it might come down to V-twin power vs. inline four power. I have no regrets about buying this bike though. I will ride it for the next few years happily.

"Just like the sky, the road never ends." R. L. Castleman, Gravity
Ken

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 07:11:00 am »

The one thing I need to fix still is the seat. It isn't comfortable enough on long days in the saddle.

I went from stock seat to the GSX650 seat to the Suzuki gel seat. The gel seat is fantastic and I highly recommend it. All day comfort for me.

Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 10:22:09 am »

Wow, thanks all for those responses. I figured there would be a variety of owners responding.  My nephew bought his very first bike this summer. It was a left-over SV1000. I rode it around my development for a about 1/2 mile or so. My first and brief impression was that it didn't do it for me. I'm an inline kinda guy, I just don't care for the sound, feel,or performance of "V" twins.

How did the Bandit compare to my XX? I bought my '03 XX as a left-over in the late Spring of '05. I rode it a whole 845 miles before I decided to tear it apart and customize it with a custom paint job, some tasteful chroming and polishing of alum. parts. I do everything myself in my small body shop ( except the actual chroming). Three seasons later, still not finished Sad Seems life keeps putting it on the back burner. But,a comparison of the two is like apples & oranges. Despite both bikes falling somewhat into the "sport-touring" catagory, the XX is more of a "GT"crotch-rocket where as the Bandit is a large displacement,jack of all trades, master of none U.J.M. Both have about the same torque output, but the XX has 136 stock h.p. to the rear wheel ( about 152 at the crankshaft). The Bandit has that nice sit up and ride seating position which is why I love a "naked" bike. Plus the Bandit is A LOT smoother vibration wise than my 919 but still not as smooth as the XX. Since I haven't been on  my XX in 3 years Embarassment I've forgotten exactly how it feels in use in every way. Getting back on the 919 for the ride home after my test ride on the Bandit made it feel like a toy ( size wise). I've always loved a large bike even though I'm not a large man ( 5'9" about 190 lbs).

So, Dale Walker is coming out with some goodies to give the new Bandit a shot in the arm ya say? COOL! I love to drag race street vehicles. I don't care if it's fast or not. Hell, I raced my Buick Roadmaster station wagon this season at Atco Dragway in New Jersey just for fun. I'm not looking for a monster motor sport-tourer and even though I'd love a new red Concours14 it's just not in my price range. I bouht a brand new '07 GoldWing last year with everything but airbag so my new wife and I could see the country. After a 2,400 mile trip , she reluctantly told me that long trips like that weren't for her. Guess ya don't really know 'till ya try.I wound up selling it for a few thousand dollar loss. Sad We still like to do long Sunday rides together and I use a tank bag on the little 919. With some either soft or hard bags and a more comfortable seat than stock, I firmly believe the Bandit will suit our needs very well indeed!

Oh and "Jeets", thanks for showing me the pix of that very nice red '07. And yeah, I'm eating my heart out (ya bum!)

If I can persuade my wife to come with me and test ride the bike together, maybe she can loan me enough to pick it up before it's sold. I'll let ya'll know.

Steve
Jeets

Reputation 69

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 12:15:44 pm »

No problem, oh and um bring your wife over, I will take her for a ride  Twofinger!

MadMax96
Old Skool Forever

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 03:42:37 pm »

Did you happen to see this?

https://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,31688.0.html

-Matt
Jetpilot5

Reputation 22

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 03:51:54 pm »

How did the Bandit compare to my XX? I bought my '03 XX as a left-over in the late Spring of '05. I rode it a whole 845 miles before I decided to tear it apart and customize it with a custom paint job, some tasteful chroming and polishing of alum. parts. I do everything myself in my small body shop ( except the actual chroming). Three seasons later, still not finished Sad Seems life keeps putting it on the back burner. But,a comparison of the two is like apples & oranges. Despite both bikes falling somewhat into the "sport-touring" catagory, the XX is more of a "GT"crotch-rocket where as the Bandit is a large displacement,jack of all trades, master of none U.J.M. Both have about the same torque output, but the XX has 136 stock h.p. to the rear wheel ( about 152 at the crankshaft). The Bandit has that nice sit up and ride seating position which is why I love a "naked" bike. Plus the Bandit is A LOT smoother vibration wise than my 919 but still not as smooth as the XX. Since I haven't been on  my XX in 3 years Embarassment I've forgotten exactly how it feels in use in every way. Getting back on the 919 for the ride home after my test ride on the Bandit made it feel like a toy ( size wise). I've always loved a large bike even though I'm not a large man ( 5'9" about 190 lbs).

Thanks for the info.  I was wondering if the 1250 was as smooth as the XX.  I've never ridden a bike that was as vibe free as the XX was.  Kind of like a big electric motor.

Sounds like you've got quite a project started.  When you get her done post some pictures, I'd love to see it.

Have fun with the new Bandit. Thumbsup

Region 4 Meet 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 | CSTN 07 | ST.N National 08, 10, 12 | Region 4 Track Day 09
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 07:48:17 pm »

Well, I made the deal on the pre-owned Bandit today. Got them to give me another $200 for my 919 in trade. Plus, I'm gonna have them install a brand new rear tire before I pick it up. $145 for the tire with free mounting and ballancing.Hope to get it by either this Sat or very early next week. WOOHOO!
stefrrr

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 02:50:56 am »

NeedPics

I love to use that smiley.  Lol
Ken

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 07:01:48 am »

Congrats Steve! Wise move getting them to install a new rear tire. They don't last long on these bikes. My stock rear tire was nearly shot at 3,500 miles. You may even want to ask for a specific tire if you have one in mind. Many B1250 owners prefer the Pilot Road 2 for a good combo of grip and durability. I'd even offer to pay the minor difference between the Dunlop that they'd probably install by default and the PR2. post up some pics when you can!  Thumbsup

MadMax96
Old Skool Forever

Reputation 5

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 07:54:00 am »

Congrats Steve! Wise move getting them to install a new rear tire. They don't last long on these bikes. My stock rear tire was nearly shot at 3,500 miles. You may even want to ask for a specific tire if you have one in mind. Many B1250 owners prefer the Pilot Road 2 for a good combo of grip and durability. I'd even offer to pay the minor difference between the Dunlop that they'd probably install by default and the PR2. post up some pics when you can!  Thumbsup

Holy crap - 3500 miles on the stocker?  What does that bike come with these days?  The OEM tire on my '99 lasted 3 times longer!  Can't say it was the best tire... but at least I wasn't shopping for a new one within the first season I had the bike.

-Matt
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 10:39:45 am »

With very little time left to ride comfortably here in PA  Sad I could have gotten away with the tire that was on it. It still had a couple thousand left in it but the tire's profile was squared off. Looks like the former owner did A LOT of nothing but hi-way riding. He bought it new in Aug of '08 and in just two months of riding he had 3,400 miles on it. That sounds like some long trips to me. I'll take pix although except for the Corbin seat it's just gonna look like another gray metallic stocker. Now what it'll look like by next riding season is another matter all together Bigok

cheers all,                             Steve
Jeets

Reputation 69

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 09:20:06 pm »

Steve... 3,400 mi is about par for stock tires.  CONGRATS on your new bike!

Jeets

Canuck

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: 2014 Triumph Tiger 800, 72 Bonneville, 69 Royal Enfield Interceptor
GPS: Saskatchewan Canada
Miles Typed: 786

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 12:47:19 am »

They usually sell Bandits with sport tires rather than sport-touring, so the stock tires don't last long. Still, I went through a rear Avon Storm on mine in 4000 miles this summer, but that was on a trip with several days of 100F plus heat and average speeds of 80mph. So that's pretty hard on any tire.

"Just like the sky, the road never ends." R. L. Castleman, Gravity
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 05:55:21 pm »

I decided to have both tires replaced with some sport-touring ones. That's an extra $300 I was counting on but...... It's not like I'm gonna do any knee draging with this bike anyway. I don't expect it to handle the twisties like my little 919 did. I need/ want a more capable 2 up bike that's good for sport-touring or just a Sunday ride. 919 to small & buzzy, '07 GoldWing I had to big and expensive. Hope this first time owning a Suzuki is gonna treat my right.
Ken

Reputation 10

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 06:14:47 pm »

I really don't think you will be disappointed. I've owned an FZ1, a big cruiser, a power cruiser, an ST1300, a 919, and still have a GL1800. The Bandit is my favorite out of all of them!  Thumbsup

Baz

Reputation 23

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9065

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 06:18:11 pm »

Steve:

I still pop over to this site from time to time, but most of the folks with the Gen III Bandit have had no problems with them at all. You may want to check this site out for any Bandit specific questions.  Lot's of knowledgeable bandit owners there.

http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php
Spectreman
Mid 50's and counting

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
GPS: About 90 miles north of where I use to be, Fl.
Miles Typed: 493

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 11:42:00 am »

I test rode a B1250 not to long ago & came away very impressed w/it. IMO, there ain't a better "bang for the buck" bike out there if you want to buy new. Throw about a $grand$ Dale Walker's way, & you've got yourself a proper & powerful, lightweight ST that'll hang w/the big boys w/out the unnecessary weight or bells/whistles. Ring up the Suzuki aftermarket & there's tons of choices for ya to mod the bike to your liking. I didn't buy one but it sure made my short list.
Lee

Without courage, all other virtues are meaningless. Winston Churchill
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 02:29:12 pm »

Baz, thanks for the link.I went online last night to see what Bandit owner's sites were out there. Seems they are all in the U.K. Sad

Oh and Spectorman, Dale Walker's goodies that I saw at his web site are already "penciled in" between my ears! Hope he developes a full 4 into one system by next riding season.
bungie4

Reputation 21

Motorcycles: 2013 Yamaha FJR, 2013 CRF250L
GPS: Sudbury Ontario
Miles Typed: 841

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 02:31:21 pm »

Baz, thanks for the link.I went online last night to see what Bandit owner's sites were out there. Seems they are all in the U.K. Sad

Oh and Spectorman, Dale Walker's goodies that I saw at his web site are already "penciled in" between my ears! Hope he developes a full 4 into one system by next riding season.

Google Maximum Suzuki. I found it doing my research, and buddy who works beside me (and whose now looking over my shoulder.. hey bud! FO!) frequents it for his 1200 Bandit.

-Steve
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad Help when you need it www.assistancelist.com
Jeets

Reputation 69

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 04:15:33 pm »

Steve... if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay?  I am going to list mine for $7100 with hard cases and a gel seat.

Jeets

Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 07:19:00 pm »

Harrisburg has finally sent me the updated title I requested for my paid for 919. This means I pick up my Bandit TOMORROW!! Bigok
Bike was listed for $6995. It's in EXCELLENT as new condition except for a worn rear tire. Bike has 3,400 miles on it. Deal maker was the Corbin gunfighter & lady seat it comes with. A big plus is it's nicely broken in by now.That's about a $450 seat. I'm getting a great deal on 2 brand new sport-touring tires too. Free mounting and ballancing on both. Got $4,100 for trade on my 4 year old 919.Found a brand new '07 red Bandit in Delaware at a dealership listed on ebay. That's a cash deal with NO trade though. Even though I love that red color, I doubt I'd get a better trade deal this time of year. And it's a year older. Plus, the new one dosen't have that sweet Corbin on it. I already have a corbin backrest from my XX that will work on the Bandit seat. Life is looking up!
ctbandit

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 12:48:32 pm »

Good deal steve, The new Bandits are shnazzy. Def check out Maximum Suzuki, lots of people that know a LOT about the Bandits there.
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 11:42:47 pm »

I joined max suzuki and posted pix of my Bandit just a couple hours ago. Picked it up tonight. I go by my XX name there "Purple Plazma".
Jetpilot5

Reputation 22

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 12:11:24 am »

Oh sure, they get pics and we sit here    Wink  Lol

NeedPics

stefrrr

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 02:31:04 am »

I guess we rate.  Razz
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2008, 11:02:19 am »

Sorry 'bout that! I'll have my computer savy wife down load them to this site as well tonight if at all possible. Me? I'm lucky if I can type 85% correctly with my 2 finger method.
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 08:37:45 pm »

Here's the pix of the new toy. Sorry for the delay.

This is what I traded in. Been fun. Treat the next owner right. Moving on ...

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/debkar/919ontradeinday10212008.jpg

And this is what I took home:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/debkar/Bandit102120082.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/debkar/Bandit102120081.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/debkar/Bandit102120084.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/debkar/Bandit102120083.jpg

Steve

Jetpilot5

Reputation 22

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2008, 10:13:59 pm »

Good looking bike!   Bigok

Jeets

Reputation 69

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 01:05:22 pm »

Wish I had known you were going to be at Cycle Center.  I work 10 min. from there.  Looks really good, ride safe and have fun!

Jeets

stefrrr

Reputation 7

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 12:15:01 am »

I know why you didn't want to put pictures up here. A Bandit on a trailer. Shame!  Razz

Really nice color! Smile
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 01:57:37 am »

"I know why you didn't want to put pictures up here. A Bandit on a trailer. Shame!  Razz

Really nice color! Smile"

Figured I'd get that response from someone Razz Took all the insurance off the 919 2 days before I picked up the Bandit. Plus, I drained about 98% of the gas in the 919 Embarassment Figured they were gonna make enough $ off of me and the Bandit tank was filled up with gas when I picked it up. Hope to put some rough up the tires mileage on it tomorrow. Can't wait!
Baz

Reputation 23

Years Contributed: '07, '08, '09, '10
Years Supported: '11, '12
Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR
GPS: St. Albert, AB, Canada
Miles Typed: 9065

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2008, 02:45:52 am »

Congrates Steve!

If you like your Bandit 1/2 as much as I liked my 2nd Gen, you will have many happy miles!
Steve Smith

Reputation 0

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2008, 03:02:18 am »

If it's gonna be decent this Sunday I'm gonna install the Corbin back rest from my XX  onto the Gunfighter & Lady  seat that was already on the Bandit when I bought it and see if my wife likes it. Man I hope so! I figure if she tollerated riding on the back of my little 919 for all those miles, she's gonna love this bike.
While detailing it today I noticed something that Honda should have done with the 919, which are the steel weights that are bolted to the bottom of both front and back foot pegs. A simple and cost effictive way to help eliminate nasty vibes. Way to go Suzuki!
JoBu
Breakin' Wind

Reputation 13

Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '01 Yamaha R1; '05 Ninjette; '06 Goldwing; '07 Speed Triple (Roulette Green); '07 Yamaha FJR1300AE; '07 Aprilia tuono R; '08 Suzuki B-King (Black)
GPS: Space Coast, FL
Miles Typed: 1225

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2008, 04:38:19 am »

Woot!!  Congrats on the new bike...nice colour as well.  I hope you and your wife enjoy many happy miles on it.   Thumbsup Thumbsup

I was hoping to test ride on at Biketoberfest but they didn't have any available...rather surprising.  I had no problems securing a demo on a V-Max and a B-King, but no Bandits.  Go figure...

Cheers,

Joe

“It was the kind of crowd that would have made the Fool Killer lower his club, shake his head and walk away, frustrated by the magnitude of opportunity.”
Bandit125064

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
Miles Typed: 8

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 07:24:25 am »

I bought an 08 abs model and love it compared to my chiropractor special GSXR1000. The 1250 has monster torque, and great upper end hp. It also is great for the long rides and you can get a replacement windshield that is 2" taller for more protection. It is a great bike... Thumbsup
Bandit125064

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
Miles Typed: 8

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2009, 05:15:45 pm »

Great low end torque(80+f/lbs) at 3500rpm, passes anything with ease and quarter mile times are respectable. They hover around 10.8 to 11.2 @ approx. 120+mph.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 06:01:18 pm by Bandit125064 » Logged
Zerosum

Reputation 6

Miles Typed: 2733

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 07:55:36 am »

I test rode one once this past summer.  Wow.  I must own one of these at some point.  The only thing I wasn't wild about was the windscreen... it felt like I was riding a naked bike.   A bike with this much umph needs better wind protection, IMO.

Riding a motorcycle is perfectly safe.  And if I'm wrong, may my body be horribly crushed and mangled somehow.
s919rider

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2008 GTR1400, 2008 ZX-10R, 2009 GSF1250S, 2002 HONDA 919
GPS: Ramona, California
Miles Typed: 20

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2009, 03:48:46 pm »

LOVE my Bandit 1250S.  Torque is GREAT and it's really great all day ride.  I will never change the stock pipe.  Don't like the way it looks, but really love the way it FEELS in my right hand!  I did put my customary pro grips on her and upgraded the front and rear suspension.  Amazing difference.  Race Tech up front and a Wilbers in the rear.  WOW.

Here is a link to my YouTube "walk around" video.  Click and check out my other videos too!

Congrats on your Suzi!

http://www.youtube.com/user/919rider#play/uploads/1/3M060hKe_nI

I also have a Honda 919, a ZX-10R and a Concours 14....
DaveG

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 79

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2009, 11:54:26 am »

log on to Bandit Alley
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal