Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
Print

Topic: anyone doing any big trips in 2007??  (Read 10071 times)

googus

Reputation 3

Miles Typed: 1015

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2007, 05:11:35 pm »

I am looking to put in for my vacation time at work. I was wondering if anyone was planny on the meet and greet, regional, bike week in FLA, SC, or wildwood. If so I would love to tag along as long I have my bike fix or I get another, but I have to put in for vacation time now so input with dates would be great. thanks.
Greg
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

SuperHans
Liberal Pinhead

Reputation 111

Years Contributed: '08, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: Warpig
GPS: SEPA
Miles Typed: 4784

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 06:36:20 pm »

My plans for this year are the Meet and Eat, ESTN in Sparta, National in Custer, and maybe Wildwood. Not sure of exact dates yet but I'll figure something out.

Anarchy on the STN
greench440
Stay Thirsty My Friends

Reputation 19

Motorcycles: 05 FJR, 91 ZX-11 - SOLD!
GPS: Covington WA
Miles Typed: 3499

My Photo Gallery

What we have here is failure to communicate

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 12:12:42 am »

I'm hoping to get out of our yearly sales meeting (4 days in Vegas in June sux) and take a 10 day ride to the national and back.  I'm going to Scotland in March for two weeks, but no bikes involved.

Will also make a last minute decision on the WCRM.  For sure will be at the WCRM .5 meet later in the summer.  So that's 3 good rides for sure.

ATGATT - All the Garbage all the time
Advertisement

supermototourer

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: RSV1000, R1200RT, YZ450F
GPS: Milton,WV
Miles Typed: 33

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 04:34:37 pm »

I am planning to go somewhere this year.  I haven't figured out where yet, but I put in for the two weeks after memorial day. Anybody got ideas on a good trip?

Eric M.
'09 YZ450F
'06R1200RT '04RSV1000
ZZR12

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: 03 ZZR 1200 (SOLD) -2005 Road Star Warrior-2001 FZ1
GPS: Whitehall Pa
Miles Typed: 120

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 07:06:57 pm »

Me and Hazra are goin to the dragon in May It will be my first ride down there and I hope its as good as everyone says.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 07:08:51 pm by ZZR12 » Logged

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
R Doug
Rain is my first name.

Reputation 162

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, '10
Motorcycles: '13 R1200GS
GPS: Clemmons, NC
Miles Typed: 12029

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 08:57:23 pm »

My plans for this year are the Meet and Eat, ESTN in Sparta, National in Custer, and maybe Wildwood. Not sure of exact dates yet but I'll figure something out.

Look at you Mr. FJR Go Everywhere Man!   Thumbsup
Windblown
Old Codger in Training

Reputation 33

Motorcycles: '04 Concours - '03 FZ1 - '05 KTM 525 - '09 CRF250X - '13 KTM 990 SM-T - '07 Yamaha R6S
GPS: Shenandoah County, VA
Miles Typed: 3541

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 11:23:10 pm »

I never plan. I'm way too impulsive.  

I may die with nothing to show for it but there will be a heck of a garage sale.
Motocentaur
Motocamping flower sniffer

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2003 Kawasaki Concours, 2005 Ural Tourist
GPS: Connecticut
Miles Typed: 365

My Photo Gallery

Triple digit sightseeing . . . in kms

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 01:27:22 pm »

If I can swing it with my various responsibilities, I'm going to spend a week heading west, and then turn around and come back. I hope to get as far as Montana.

If I can't swing two whole weeks, I'll go down to West Virginia, take in part of the COG National, and ride some of the BRP and Skyline

COG #6185
IBA #23064
Loud valves save lives!
marc11

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '09
Motorcycles: 14 R1200RT - 02 XR400r
GPS: Orange County, NY
Miles Typed: 2743

My Photo Gallery

I drank the Kool-Aid; it gave me the runs.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 01:32:43 pm »

Doing ESTN with an extended trip to the Gap and points West.  Planning on the National which may include a trip to the West Coast at the same time.  There has been some discussion about a ride to Colorado as well for this summer.

But it is winter, and plans are grand this time of year.

From the North East?  Check out: www.northeastsporttouring.com
SuperHans
Liberal Pinhead

Reputation 111

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 06:14:26 pm »

Look at you Mr. FJR Go Everywhere Man!   Thumbsup

That's what I bought it for. Bigsmile

Anarchy on the STN
chornbe

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 09:54:19 pm »

I am looking to put in for my vacation time at work. I was wondering if anyone was planny on the meet and greet, regional, bike week in FLA, SC, or wildwood. If so I would love to tag along as long I have my bike fix or I get another, but I have to put in for vacation time now so input with dates would be great. thanks.
Greg

I've got my annual Dragon sojourn in the spring time. I've got a Moab, UT trip in the autumn. Various weekend trips. Like that.
X-Troller
Out of Work Bum

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 16

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 11:14:19 am »

Daytona Bike Week,Barber AMA,Georgia Mountain Rally,BMWRA National in Ashville,MotoGP then WestFest in July,Brno Chezk Republic MotoGP in August,Road Atlanta AMA in Sept.Plus various trips to Georgia to ride.

Knick
R1200ST
Vespa ET4
Scratch33

Reputation 15

Years Contributed: '06, '07, '08, '09, 2x'10
Motorcycles: '08 R1200GSA, '09 DD750, '07 F800S, '10 Madass 125
GPS: That Other Place
Miles Typed: 12394

My Photo Gallery

His Excellency's Car!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 11:21:20 am »

I'm planning on riding in Alaska & the Yukon in June with a friend.  Current idea to save some time & wear is to ship bikes out to Washington (probably Spokane); depart north from there; ride around AK and then ride home.

All Your Forum Are Belong to VS
nnjhawk02
The Rhino - Function Over Form

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: '02 VTR1000F, '11 TLD Ruckus, '02 XR100R. Past: '82 R65LS, '78 R100RS, '88 R100RT
GPS: Pa. > Former NJ Prisoner
Miles Typed: 881

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 12:24:59 pm »

France in Oct.  for Rugby World Cup & SBK race, trying to set up a Beemer for rental.

Locally, some Pa rides & possible West Va trip.

FREE Discount Prescription Card http://hta270hs.supremerxsavings.com/
R.I.P. AVO  
Relax its the internet
JETSET
FJR Pilot extraordinaire

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: 2000 Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa 2004 Yamaha FJR 1300 (R.I.P.) 2007 Yamaha FJR 1300
GPS: Central Jerzey
Miles Typed: 1106

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 01:40:50 pm »

EJ I like your signature
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
- Martin Luther King, Jr
I could not have said it better myself!

Greg ,I'm doing the last weekend in Americade and the whole week in Laconia 6/8 - 6/17 nothing but riding..Where's Reg 6 meet and Eat I'm hoping for another overnighter.I will be picking up the new wheels at the end of feb then any road any nice day is fair game.I'm looking to put 10k on the FJR this season to make up for last seasons disapointments.I'm game for Wildwood I went 2 years ago.
Info

Roar to the Shore
Wildwood, New Jersey
September 6th to 9th, 2007
General Information at Roar to the Shore
The 2007 Wildwood NJ Roar to the Shore center of events will be at Oak Avenue and Atlantic Avenue. This time of the year is perfect for a biker rally because the weather is still warm for riding, but you need to be prepared for some inclement weather because there was some rain in 2006. A good part of this being the slow season in Wildwood is the beach, Boardwalk, and water parks are empty. The 2007 Wildwood Roar to the Shore will attract between 100,000 to 150,000 bikes and is one of the Lightning Customs’ Largest Biker Rallies List for 2007.

Wildwood NJ Roar to the Shore Attractions
At the time of writing the 2007 Roar to the Shore events have not been announced, but it is a safe assumption that in general there will be similar events. Although this is not a camping rally there is plenty of things to do at the Roar to the Shore and in Wildwood New Jersey.

In 2006 there was the Biker Bash, Biker Babe contest that attracts some hot Jersey ladies, a number of quality local bands, Budweiser’s Clydesdales, lots of food, and a growing number of vendors. The Roar to the Shore vendors sell a good mix of products and as the number of vendors increases it is not at the expense of the quality. A good thing about the vendor set up is that it is all three vendor areas are on blacktop so when it does rain it is not a mud pit for attendees and in the vendor booths.

We will update the Roar to the Shore events as the information becomes available, but Wildwood New Jersey itself has a number of attractions. There are fun rides at the Wildwood Boardwalk, just wandering up and down the Boardwalk there is a lot to take in, the water park, and of course the beach. You also have Cape May and ferry rides to other attractions.

As far as riding terrain at the Roar to the Shore it is some of the best in the NJ area. You can ride up and down the boulevard with the view of the water or hang out and check out others on their bikes.

During the day things are relatively tame, the crowd is generally trouble free and the police are pretty friendly if you don’t get out of hand. If you are looking for things to get a little wild you can find this at night at the bars. There are a lot of bars to check out and some of the ladies get a little wild and show some skin. Riding up and down the boulevard or watching others ride the boulevard is a big night time attraction.

Additional Wildwood Roar to the Shore Info
If you want to find more out about the vendors, events, biker event t shirts, lodging, or check out some photos of this event you should go to Roar to the Shore site. In addition to the Roar to the Shore you might also want to check out other events in the area like the AM JAM Rally, Americade Rally, and Harley Rendezvous .

Life is all about ASS.You're either:
Kissing it,
Covering it, Busting it, Kicking it, laughing it off, Trying to get a piece of it, Or behaving like one!
JETSET
FJR Pilot extraordinaire

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: 2000 Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa 2004 Yamaha FJR 1300 (R.I.P.) 2007 Yamaha FJR 1300
GPS: Central Jerzey
Miles Typed: 1106

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 01:42:35 pm »

I almost forgot do you have plans for a new bike or repair the the old one?

Life is all about ASS.You're either:
Kissing it,
Covering it, Busting it, Kicking it, laughing it off, Trying to get a piece of it, Or behaving like one!
googus

Reputation 3

Miles Typed: 1015

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 05:14:26 pm »

I just one a nose piece and left fairing on ebay that is not too bad. Rideable but not the best 00vfr800 out there. I might have a guy coming to look at it this weekend to see if he would like to buy it. If he does not I will commit to fixing her up. She still runs good and it has been awhile since I rode and already looking forward to the new season in a couple of months. Wildwood and eat and great sound good to me. I might even want to head down to Tenn.
Greg
SuperHans
Liberal Pinhead

Reputation 111

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 06:19:49 pm »

EJ I like your signature  I could not have said it better myself!

I read it somewhere and really liked the quote.

If you head out to Wildwood post something up. I'd like to go this year.

Anarchy on the STN
Chips

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '07
Motorcycles: FJR, 600RR
Miles Typed: 481

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 07:27:25 pm »

I started 2007 with a bang by riding my new FJR back from Cullman, AL to Wilmington, DE last weekend. Now I have to figure out some trips to top that this year.
cbsnbiker
I speak only for myself.

Reputation -383

Motorcycles: BMWs: '98 K1200RS, '74 R90/6, '07 F650GS; '06 F650GS (RIP), '94 R1100RS (someone else enjoys it now).
GPS: Upstate NY
Miles Typed: 5693

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 12:30:32 am »

France in Oct.  for Rugby World Cup & SBK race

Dude, you're going to get wet riding there from here.

Razz

BMWMOA Life Member, MSF-certified RiderCoach, etc.

Sorry I'm not going to read your link. If it contradicts what I&
cbsnbiker
I speak only for myself.

Reputation -383

Motorcycles: BMWs: '98 K1200RS, '74 R90/6, '07 F650GS; '06 F650GS (RIP), '94 R1100RS (someone else enjoys it now).
GPS: Upstate NY
Miles Typed: 5693

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 12:33:15 am »

I'm contemplating trips to WI for the BMWMOA National (almost certain), NC (probable), NV (only if I ditch the WI trip), Montreal (possible), and at least one to VA to visit my adorable niece.

BMWMOA Life Member, MSF-certified RiderCoach, etc.

Sorry I'm not going to read your link. If it contradicts what I&
iXXion

Reputation 26

Motorcycles: XX
GPS: NY and PA border, due north of Harrisburg.
Miles Typed: 377

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 07:07:58 am »

"anyone doing any big trips in 2007?? "

Indiana in May
Tennesee in June
Nevada in July
My own meet in PA in August
The XX Tour (also in PA) for September.

So to answer your question....not me.
Road Call

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: `02 Connie
Miles Typed: 51

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 07:40:39 am »

I have my hotel reservations for the national, might do the regional also, but at the least, one or the other. I would rather do the national because I have never been in that part of the
country. But do to work limitations.................We will see which I do.

Lead, Follow, OR get the hell out of the way!
RickC1957
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: 2005 Ducati ST3, 2005 Ducati 620 Monster
Miles Typed: 1479

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 07:45:02 am »

Ireland, Colorado, Utah, the Nationals and whatever Jammin and Vivid convince me to do  Bigsmile

Let's waste time chasing cars.
NYC Rider
So many roads ... so little time.

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2006 FRJ1300

My Photo Gallery

Highpoint Park, NJ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 09:10:20 pm »

Had to choose between NC/Tenn and PEI for August vacation ... PEI wins.  Will probably go via Nova Scotia.  Have wanted to do this trip for years.

NYC Rider
'06 FJR1300
FARC #27
nwconk
Off with their heads!!!

Reputation 11

Motorcycles: Concours, CBR600F3, KLR650
GPS: Seattle
Miles Typed: 428

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 09:37:56 pm »

My son and I are planning a South American Adventure.  How far south will be determined by time, money, and enthusiasm.  Preparations and planning are in the works.  Let's see passport, money, papers, I think I am ready.   Lol

--chris

--On the trailing edge of technology
NYC Rider
So many roads ... so little time.

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2006 FRJ1300

My Photo Gallery

Highpoint Park, NJ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 05:29:18 am »

My son and I are planning a South American Adventure.  How far south will be determined by time, money, and enthusiasm.  Preparations and planning are in the works.  Let's see passport, money, papers, I think I am ready.   Lol

Good stuff.  I travel a lot to South America for work and vacation.  I've daydreamed a bit about doing a Chile to Canada ride some year.  

Just be careful because there's still a lot of crime in many parts of Latin America.  Plus, the roads are horrible in most places.  You're best off using a moderate bike like a 250cc bike for two reasons.  First, a big BMW or similar is overkill on these crappy roads and except for short distances in maybe Chile, they're pretty much worthless.  Second, such a bike is worth more than a lot of these people see in two lifetimes.  Taking it from a couple of lonely gringos out in the middle of nowhere is quite tempting.  Afterall, gringos are rich.  They can just buy another BMW.

That wouldn't stop me from doing it.  I'm just advocating common sense.

NYC Rider
'06 FJR1300
FARC #27
nnjhawk02
The Rhino - Function Over Form

Reputation 15

Motorcycles: '02 VTR1000F, '11 TLD Ruckus, '02 XR100R. Past: '82 R65LS, '78 R100RS, '88 R100RT
GPS: Pa. > Former NJ Prisoner
Miles Typed: 881

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 11:14:39 am »

Dude, you're going to get wet riding there from here.

Razz

Lol

Nah just gonna go full throttle on top of water, wearing a diaper (kudos Lisa Nowak), with a camel backpack full of Red Bull, while getting refueled by the US Navy (they can give some $ to US citizens for once, right?)

FREE Discount Prescription Card http://hta270hs.supremerxsavings.com/
R.I.P. AVO  
Relax its the internet
basco

Reputation 6

Motorcycles: 09 BMW R1200 GSA
GPS: Colorado Springs, CO
Miles Typed: 3023

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 02:43:04 pm »

Ireland, Colorado, Utah, the Nationals and whatever Jammin and Vivid convince me to do  Bigsmile

Irie? That is going to set you back a few bucks. I know Jammin and Vivid are in to moto camping now so what are you going to do now?  Bigsmile

STN Nationals: 09, 08, 06
ESTN: 07, 05, 04
R4: 04, 05 R3: 08
rockmachine

Reputation 10

Motorcycles: '99 ZRX1100, 06 Midnight venture
Miles Typed: 105

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 05:02:13 pm »

Will be attending the  25th
Red Knights Motorcycle Club
2007 International Convention
August 16 - 19, 2007 To be held in Worcester in the heart of Massachusetts
919Maniac

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Honda 919
GPS: SE PA
Miles Typed: 147

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 04:25:53 pm »

I got married this year and am expecting a little one so I think my days of travel are over for a while (though I am going to try to get to the BRP again this year).

Luckily, I used my single time wisely and got married a bit later than normal (35).  I've already done:

**Nova Scotia (it was great)
**Americade & upstate NY several times.
**BRP to Deal's Gap, etc.. several times.
**LOTS of local day trips to various places of interest with good roads.

Now that I'm about to be a dad, I'm even thinking about not riding for a while and getting something with four wheels as a toy (miata maybe?).  Nah, I think I would miss my bike too much  - it's my only release.

Ducati taste with a Honda budget...
mjrfd99

Reputation -28

Motorcycles: 79 FX- 77 XLCH-75 H1 F- 03 Busa-05 Concours
GPS: Jersey Shore
Miles Typed: 867

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 01:39:53 pm »

Retireing as of 6-30-07. Leaving7-1-07 Comming back when juinors school starts in sept. Toyhauler taking  05 concours - 79 FX and our XR's That should cover the bases. This is gonna be great. Going south then west after that who knows.

Stop by @4:20.
Despot candidate for the future
NJFJR

Reputation 10

GPS: Giants Stadium
Miles Typed: 181

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 12:53:46 am »

No major plans for me so far this year, other than the FJR eastern owners meet in WV in September. I think I'm going to do a bunch of overnighters instead.
I need to do more dirt riding this year...maybe a few more enduros.

"It's better to be a racer for a moment, than a spectator for a lifetime."
'03 FJR1300 former ticker
'01 WR250F woods weapon    
Snowbird
evil minion

Reputation -179

Motorcycles: '01 Futura, '06 FJR
GPS: Man cave.
Miles Typed: 7767

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 07:20:51 am »

I plan on riding to Wyoming and through the mountains at the end of July, beginning of August.

I'd like to make the National, but doubt I will-- see above.

I plan to ride through PA on some over-nighters. PA has great roads and interesting sights to see. On my return from FL I picked up about 20 regional vacation tour guides for PA. I've been reading them because trips to PA are easy for me to fit into a weekend. That way I can save my vacation time for the trip out west and for FL again next winter.

Two wheels or four, weight is the enemy.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal