Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: Anybody else here going to the Stagecoach RTE 12.27.2008?  (Read 1676 times)

2wTraveler

Reputation 17

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: 2006 Yamaha FJR1300A, 1999 Triumph Daytona 955i
GPS: Atlanta area
Miles Typed: 1166

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2008, 10:19:12 pm »

I have been meaning to get down there for the last couple years, but have ended up in South Florida during the last few. Looks like I'm going to make it this year...Anybody else here?

AMA, IBA 33154
Well I've been here, And I've been there, And I've been every f***ing where, So what...so what  -Anti-Nowhere League 1981
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

sprocket
aka "fjrrider"

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR 1300, 07 Honda CRF450X, 05 CR250R, 03 CRF450R, 01 KTM 250 EXC, Honda 1975 MT 125 Elsinore (work in progress)
GPS: Texarkana, Texas
Miles Typed: 413

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 08:21:49 pm »

What exactly is the Stagecoach RTE?
CLAY
formerly known as CLAY

Reputation 170

Years Contributed: '07, '10
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '03 B12S, 1979 XS650 Street Tracker, 97 XR650L 1975 Yamaha XS650
GPS: Grand Rapids, MI
Miles Typed: 9034

My Photo Gallery

Dean of Zombie University

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 12:25:17 pm »

What exactly is the Stagecoach RTE?

Ride To Eat.  Being "Stagecoach" and the time of the year, I would guess Southwest.

"Well I don't think Clay would make up some story.  He seems to be a pretty honest and sadistic guy to me."  -county
"This a'int high school, this is St.n. God help the meek"  -Kneescrubber
Advertisement

2wTraveler

Reputation 17

Years Contributed: '09
Motorcycles: 2006 Yamaha FJR1300A, 1999 Triumph Daytona 955i
GPS: Atlanta area
Miles Typed: 1166

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:32:41 am »

From the MTF Forum as posted by John Harrison:

Stagecoach XII is set for Saturday, December 27th at the Stagecoach Café in Stockton, Alabama around lunch time.

Y'all are invited to ride down to lower Alabama and enjoy some tire kicking, tall tales, and good southern cooking provided by the friendly staff at the Stagecoach Café. There is no fee for the event, but you will need to pay for your meal and reward the friendly wait staff for their hard work.

Along with the socializing, we will have four awards that will be presented to riders. The awards will be presented around 12:30 and you must be present to claim it.

LONGEST DISTANCE
We want to encourage long distance motorcycle riding, so there will be an award plaque for the rider that rides the longest distance on a motorcycle to the event. This is the mileage that you have ridden on the way to the Stagecoach Café since you left home. If the mileage that you claim is sorta hard to believe, be prepared to back it up with IBA type receipts.

Note: The amazing Mr. Doug Graves has ridden to south Alabama from Washington state in the great NorthWet to claim this award (and participate in the tire kicking, tall tales, and good southern cooking) on a number of occasions, so if he is planning to attend this year, the rest of y'all will have your work cut out for you.

OLDEST RIDER
We want to encourage folks to keep riding motorcycles, so there will be a plaque for the oldest rider that RIDES a MOTORCYCLE to the event.

Note: Folks on trikes are most welcome to attend, but they are not eligible for this award.

OLDEST BIKE
We want to encourage keeping old bikes running and on the road, so there will be a plaque for the oldest bike RIDDEN to the event. There have been some great old bikes win this award in the past.

Note: riding to the event does not include trailering to the lot across the street, unloading, and riding in to the parking lot. Just saying...

YOUNGEST RIDER
We want to encourage new riders to learn to enjoy two wheeled adventures, so there will be a plaque for the youngest rider to RIDE to the event.

NOTE: passengers are NOT eligible to win this plaque ... because we know some of y'all are sorta competitive and we don't want to see anyone strapping a newborn baby seat on their luggage rack.

There is no website this year, so please pass the word and let your local riding groups know about it. Folks will be arriving during the morning and the parking lot is usually empty by 2:00 PM. The food is good, the folks are friendly, and the weather can be sorta iffy. Some years it has been really cold, some years it has been warm, but either way we hope to see y'all there.

AMA, IBA 33154
Well I've been here, And I've been there, And I've been every f***ing where, So what...so what  -Anti-Nowhere League 1981
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal