Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: 06 Suzuki Katana 750 owners opinions?  (Read 25862 times)

Kat-Rider

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2006 Katana 750
Miles Typed: 1479

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 10:25:47 pm »

I have an 06 750 and like it.  I commute most of the year on it and have taken several trips on the bike.  
Hard bag options are limited but you can find them used on ebay if you look.  I picked up a set of Cortech softbags and Santa was supposed to get the tail bag that went with it.  (He got me an iPod instead so I think I came out ahead.)
I put 18k on mine since 06 and have had no issues.
It is heavy due to the steel frame and the exaust.
Mine has 91 HP according to the service sheet I got at its last service.
Mine has a slight buzz in the bars at around 4k but it goes away about 4.5k.  This is not uncommon on this bike.
So far it has been a good bike.  
As far as the manual switch to reserve I just keep mine set to reserve and fill up every 150 miles or so.  I have pushed it to 185 miles and may have got 200 out of the tank, but I was getting nervous because I have never pushed that far.
It is not the fastest bike out there, and some of the sport bike riders will poke fun at you about the bike  If you want to drag knees around a corner this may not be the best choice.  

Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Johnny Monsoon

Reputation -116

Years Contributed: '07
Miles Typed: 3621

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 10:37:56 pm »

Now you're just talking smack. I'm starting to like you...

It's true, actually, it did indeed come in yellow.  I think it was the 600cc though.  In fact, I think maybe it is in the brochure I have that I picked up the day I grabbed my B12S.  I'll poke around later.  

However, yes, it was VERY close to the color.
BluStreak

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: Retired - 1969 Suzuki 125 Twin, 1970 Honda CB350 Scrambler, 1974 Honda 500-4, Current 2003 Honda SuperHawk 1000
GPS: Lunenburg, MA
Miles Typed: 38

My Photo Gallery

What goes around, comes around

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 10:11:34 pm »

Well gents, end of the story is, I just bought a Honda Super Hawk VTR 1000.  Had decided that if the negotiations didn't work out on the Honda, I was gonna make an offer on the Kat.  In the end, I'm sure I would enjoy the hell out of either, but I am very excited about the Hawk, it's torquey motor, light weight and narrow profile and great looks.  Price was excellent (probably comparable to a properly priced Kat) and it only has 5500 miles on it.  I do plan on working on the ergos to make it more comfortable for sports touring.  Bought some VTR 800 bars for it, plan to add a higher double bubble windshield and would like to add a Corbin or Sargent seat when I can.  Anyway, I'm on a bike I will have a blast with as soon as the weather becomes somewhat less beastly.

Thanks for all your feedback!

Advertisement

Cale_Kat

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 03 DL1000, 00 Katana (sold)
GPS: Seattle
Miles Typed: 293

My Photo Gallery

Bear Curse Cured

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 12:25:58 am »

Congratulations!!! Sounds like an excellent choice. Post up a picture when you get a chance.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal