Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: What do you think of a Bandit 600?  (Read 9462 times)

NoGall

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: GSXR1K, ST1300
Miles Typed: 25

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 02:54:18 pm »

I would go for an SV650:

- It has a longer valve inspect/adjustment interval than the Bandit.
- If you want to do a few track days, the SV is much more suitable for that purpose than the Bandit.
- If you decide to sell it later on for a sport or sport-tourer, the SV isn't running short of demand.

The overall versatility of the SV wins, for me. I liked my Bandit 600 too.

Tom
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

Req
Beautiful and Unique Snowflake

Reputation 10

Years Contributed: '06
Motorcycles: 2004 Suzuki VStrom 1000
Miles Typed: 2546

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 03:00:39 pm »

Loved my '02 B6.  It did everything I wanted, if nothing perfectly.  A little noise in the fairing, a little down on power, but comfy, handled well, bulletproof reliable, and I loved the looks.  I bought it for 3K and sold it a year later for 3.3k, so I figure the return on investment was great.

In the year I had it it took me from Seattle to San Diego and back, loaded with waaaaay too much gear, as well as on a lot of local rides in the Cascades and wherever.

Always two sprockets short of a threesome.
bandit-o

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 08:59:09 pm »

My first ride was an '81 Honda CX500 Custom.  Fast forward two years and I'm riding a 2002 Bandit 600S.  Huge difference in power, handling, comfort and appearance.  I love the B6S for what it is: an entry level 600cc SPORT-touring bike with the emphasis on sport.  The power isn't really there until after 6-7k rpm so you've got to rev it; passing cars requires a drop or two in gear.  Now that I've been riding it for about a year I'm already yearning for the power/torque of the B12.  If I had to do it all over again I probably would have gotten the B6 anyway just to get comfortable on a sportier bike.  However, the B12 looks more and more desirable simply for the motor.  I've noticed the B12 gets a lot more support from the forums and websites since the more "mod-oriented" folks tend to start with it rather than the 600.  YMMV.

Only you can decide what you're ready for.  If you can handle your Honda confidently I'd say wait out for a good deal on a B12S.  If you want to work your way up the power ranks and the price is right then go for the B6.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal