Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
Print

Topic: Saw the XR1200 yesterday...  (Read 10701 times)

chornbe

« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2008, 07:09:01 am »

You don't perform daily rituals?

You have no idea...  Lol
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

st ryder

Reputation 10

Miles Typed: 1287

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2008, 10:11:44 am »

This is proof right here that even in the face of undeniable facts, people will believe what they want to believe.   Lol

The XR is less powerful than a Sporty......    Rolleyes  Nevermind what the dyno numbers are showing because you know, they're NOT real.   Nuts

Yes, of course, dyno charts are "undeniable facts." How silly of me to suggest otherwise.

And yes, horsepower is the true meausre of an engine's power, not it's ability to rev, so next time I make reference in a HD thread about the power differences between models as I read them at HD's site, (gee, I guess I made a boo-boo assuming peeps who want to talk things HD know that HD have for decades used only torque figures in their specs) I guess I should say I was referring to that secondary consideration, torque, not HP, especially since we're talking about HD v-twins, renown for their big HP, (I mean who uses the word "grunt" when talking about HD twins?) numbers because they rev so high.

But, I guess in hind sight it makes total sense for HD to say their Custom Sportster has more power, (oops, I mean torque) than their "R" models because they lie about everything else too, including weight, like they always say the bike is heavier than it truly is. "Spec sheets"; who needs them? Just ride a bike, and the seat of the pants impression is the truth, not some lies from the manufacturer telling you the bike is heavy when it's light, or that their pretty chromed one makes makes power, (oops, torque) than their tough guy "R" spec bike.

HD spec sheets lie!! Dyno charts that give no information about the conditions under which they were created, or whether the dyno is calibrated correctly, and subjective opinions based on test rides don't!!

Got it.  Thumbsup

Regards,

Frank,  2005 Ducati ST3(Red!) (Veni, Vedi,...Ducati!)
atadaskew

Reputation 155

Motorcycles: A Vethpa and thome other thcooter
GPS: Venice Beach, California.
Miles Typed: 11826

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2008, 11:57:41 am »

You have no idea...  Lol

I'm NEVER gonna ask you to pass the peanut butter if I ever visit...

Anyway, back to the XR.
It really is a fun bike to ride.  Looks great.  Handles great. Super low maintenance. $10K.  The kinda bike that will look great in your garage from day one to day 10,001 and beyond.

I'm hip about time, I just gotta go.
Advertisement

Rogue
Menace to Society

Reputation 108

Motorcycles: Buell and Honda
Miles Typed: 6884

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2008, 12:52:26 am »

HD spec sheets lie!! Dyno charts that give no information about the conditions under which they were created, or whether the dyno is calibrated correctly, and subjective opinions based on test rides don't!!

Got it.  Thumbsup

Everybody who were not born yesterday, and have been keeping up with motorcycle current events, KNOW that the XR1200 makes more power than the standard Sporty.   Everybody knows.  Everybody except YOU.  

Please don't try to spin this any more than you have because it just makes you look more ridiculous.  Thank you.

Rogue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal