zer0netgain

Reputation 34

Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
GPS: VA/TN
Miles Typed: 6472

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:20:25 am »

I find Knoxville repugnant, but I left south Florida where it was wall to wall people and once I adapted to "rural" life I never want to go back.

It's not too far from Knoxville to find less crowded places, but frankly, the way growth has been going on, a nice place to live can become urban blight in no time flat.

It would help to better understand what you like and don't like as far as places to live.

2cats

Reputation 9

Motorcycles: '02 Aprilia Futura, '07 Ducati Multistrada 1100S
Miles Typed: 97

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:21:20 pm »

I'm in Dandridge, a tiny town 35 miles east of Knoxville.  I love it here; came from upstate New York 4.5 years ago.  I steer clear of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg - totally choked with people and cars.  Knoxville I don't mind.  I hardly ever go into downtown - it's really more west Knoxville that I participate in.  It's a big suburb.  It would help if you were more specific.

2cats
Advertisement

nantahala

Reputation 1

Years Contributed: '08, '09
Years Supported: '11
Motorcycles: '99 VFR800i
GPS: Asheville, NC
Miles Typed: 558

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 08:11:58 pm »

I'm in Dandridge, a tiny town 35 miles east of Knoxville.  I love it here; came from upstate New York 4.5 years ago.  I steer clear of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg - totally choked with people and cars.  Knoxville I don't mind.  I hardly ever go into downtown - it's really more west Knoxville that I participate in.  It's a big suburb.  It would help if you were more specific.

A friend/coworker lives in Dandridge and likes it.  He said there are two flashing lights and the big controversy is installation of the first stoplight...  Smile

I don't know about the nuts and bolts of living around there (like taxes, schools, etc) but have always thought it was nice country.  The area right along the TN/NC boarder is always getting snow...

Matt

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
farmer fred

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '09
Miles Typed: 343

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 08:55:32 am »

I find Knoxville repugnant, but I left south Florida where it was wall to wall people and once I adapted to "rural" life I never want to go back.

It's not too far from Knoxville to find less crowded places, but frankly, the way growth has been going on, a nice place to live can become urban blight in no time flat.

It would help to better understand what you like and don't like as far as places to live.

Repugnant?  And you're from Floriduh?  What part of town are you talking about, because it's a big place.
zer0netgain

Reputation 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 09:02:39 am »

I dislike cities in general principle.  My friend pastors down in Vonore, and it's starting to grow into urban blight...in only a few years since he moved there.

I need hills and mountains and neighbors nowhere within gunshot.

farmer fred

Reputation 11

Years Contributed: '09
Miles Typed: 343

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 02:17:11 pm »

I dislike cities in general principle.  My friend pastors down in Vonore, and it's starting to grow into urban blight...in only a few years since he moved there.

I need hills and mountains and neighbors nowhere within gunshot.

Vonore?!  Dude, if that's your idea of urban blight you need to move to North Dakota  Razz.

Downtown Knoxvegas is actually pretty happening these days.  
zer0netgain

Reputation 34

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:14:30 am »

Vonore?!  Dude, if that's your idea of urban blight you need to move to North Dakota  Razz.

Downtown Knoxvegas is actually pretty happening these days.  

Don't joke....I have a hankering to transplant to the mountains of Montana.  Twofinger

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal