Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print

Topic: From Longview, Texas to tampa/orlando, florida  (Read 859 times)

villajuan81

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2003 Red ZX-12R
Miles Typed: 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2009, 06:00:46 pm »

I know this isn't really much of an iron butt tour like ya'll have done; but this would be my longest excursions since i've been riding. i've put 32,000 miles on my gsxr 600 in the 4yrs owning it, alot of it mostly highway miles going to Austin, Houston, Beaver's bend, Ok, Little Rock, Ark. basing off from Longview (all pretty much 3-6 hours) I just bought me a 2002 zx12R that i'm setting up to tour until i can afford to get a cruiser on the side. Anyway, I'm  wondering what roads you've taken along that route to make it more scenic and maybe less straight but not too out of the way. I have about a week and a half to ride to tampa, fl (which i have a friend there that i plan on staying with once i'm there) and come back. What roads are worth taking and what should i avoid???
Sport-Touring
Advertisement

Remove Advertisements

villajuan81

Reputation 0

Motorcycles: 2003 Red ZX-12R
Miles Typed: 2

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:25:50 am »

this must be in the wrong section, but i figured if i put it in the Separate regions forum i may miss input from other regions since it goes through at least two different ones. plus i'm sure you all may have gone through this route before from experience.
Tejasbusa

Reputation 3

Motorcycles: GSX1300R, DR650SE, DR125L, EX250, Lifan 70
GPS: East Texas
Miles Typed: 229

My Photo Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 01:42:16 pm »

I did that run a couple oyears back.  I don't have any "good" roads to tell you about, because I was just trying to complete y Prudhoe Bay to Key West run.  I slabbed it the whole way.

If I was going to do it again, I would run south along the Sabine River, and then run 90 along the coast and then hit the Tamiami Trail in Florida.  It has some nice curves and the scenery is also nice.  Just have to watch for the logging trucks on some of the roads in the pine areas.

I live in Longview also.  Do you ever go to the East Texas Meet and Greets on the second Thursday?

Those who dance are considered insane by those who can not hear the music
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

ST.N

Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Sport-Touring.Net.
All rights reserved.

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal